Firestaff Ebooks

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Firestaff Ebooks

Post by kyli »

Hi, so I got the Tower of Sorcery ebook done. Small rant here: I don't know why calibre changes stuff around so much. I've used calibre on about 5 different computers over the past 10 years and each one seemed to be a bit different. In the past, I've been able to just convert the file and get an almost perfect ebook without modifications. Today, I couldn't get calibre to insert a ToC no matter what I tried and ended up having to figure out how to create one from scratch inside the ebook editor tool using the code. And then I had to fool around with fonts and spacing and all that. What should have taken 30 minutes max took me over 3 hours. End rant.

Anyway, this ebook is probably the final version I'm making unless someone has complaints. If you think a different font would be better let me know. Let me know if there are mistakes or errors if you give it a read. I ain't looking forward to creating the other ebooks if I'm gonna have the same problems, ngl. But at least I'll know how to fix it better. I might or might not post the other books here as I finish them, but don't expect them soon. Either way, when I finish the Firestaff and Pyrosian Chronicles, I'll post them in a new clean topic so the admins can pin it somewhere.

If you have book cover submissions, you can post them here. viewtopic.php?t=2752 If you just found the image online, please don't post it as I don't want to run into copyright problems if I use it. All the images I currently have are AI generated.

There is currently a poll running until the end of the month where you can vote on the cover of the Pyrosian Chronicles book 1 because I cant decide. You can see it here: viewtopic.php?t=2754
Attachments
Tower of Sorcery by Fel - Fel.epub
(3.03 MiB) Downloaded 263 times
Tower of Sorcery by Fel - Fel.pdf
(2.98 MiB) Downloaded 217 times
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
kyli
Mi'Shara

Re: Firestaff Ebooks

Post by kyli »

I did book 2 today. Hopefully everything works OK. Let me know if their are problems.

Edit: reuploaded these because I made minor changes to the ToC. I also made the same changes to book one but won't reupload it. It will be uploaded along with the rest when I finish them all. This only had 1 download so I figured I'd change it now.
Attachments
The Questing Game - Fel.epub
(3.52 MiB) Downloaded 225 times
The Questing Game - Fel.pdf
(3.38 MiB) Downloaded 208 times
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

So while listening to a podcast, I completed the other 3 book of the Firestaff Chronicles instead of playing minecraft. Just the 3 Pyrosian books to go. There is a poll for the cover of the first book and I have a cover for the second, but nothing so far for the third book. Probably won't finish for a couple weeks anyway. Go vote in the poll please. :)

Book 3:
Honor and Blood - Fel.epub
(3.92 MiB) Downloaded 255 times
Honor and Blood - Fel.pdf
(4.36 MiB) Downloaded 223 times

Book 4:
The Shadow Realm - Fel.epub
(3.13 MiB) Downloaded 243 times
The Shadow Realm - Fel.pdf
(2.44 MiB) Downloaded 200 times

Book 5:
Weavespinner - Fel.epub
(3.2 MiB) Downloaded 241 times
Weavespinner - Fel.pdf
(2.47 MiB) Downloaded 214 times
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Thanks Kyli, your effort is much appreciated, mainly cause I have no idea how to make ebooks.

I'm old. Anachronism is a curse.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Fel wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:56 am Thanks Kyli, your effort is much appreciated, mainly cause I have no idea how to make ebooks.

I'm old. Anachronism is a curse.
You're welcome. Your stories have brought me great joy. The thing holding me back in the past from turning the sennadar books into proper ebooks is the lack of cover images. If I had I single artistic bone in my body, I would have attempted to create covers myself. With the rise of AI, I could finally make somewhat acceptable covers.

If you have anything you would like me to add to the ebooks, let me know. I should probably have a © copyright blub somewhere but I literally don't know anything about that. I added the text "This is a free ebook. If you paid for this, either directly or via a subscription website, you were scammed." Hopefully that helps prevent someone from stealing your work. One thing I would love to add is a map. If you have a rough drawing and are willing to DM it to me, I could try and turn it into something good. I experimented with map making years ago with some success and I'm sure there are some new modern mapmaking tools that would make it a lot easier, and I could DM you the results before its ever published. You can also DM me about any questions and concerns you have about the ebooks.

Edit: Hmm I should maybe add a link to the forums in the ebooks as well. That will probably be in the final copies. These releases above are there for feedback purposes. I've already made some minor changes to the final copies. lol
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Here are the Pyrosian Chronicles. I didn't really look at it much, just quickly put them together just now. I would like to add a copyright to them all but I don't have the information. I assume I need the year and then add a line about it in the book? Like © James Galloway 1997 or something. If someone has that information, I would appreciate it.

I'll also probably switch out the cover for book 3 of the Firestaff Chronicles with another image. My issue with it is that its 1:1 square image squeezed into a 9:16 image and its a bit too noticeable. I might change the book 5 cover too because its suppose to be Tarrin and its not bad but also not good imo.

I'll create a new clean topic with all the books together once I've finalize everything. Maybe get a mod to pin it somewhere.

The Pyrosian Chronicles 1
Axe of the Dwarven King - Fel.epub
(5.73 MiB) Downloaded 213 times
Axe of the Dwarven King - Fel.pdf
(3.17 MiB) Downloaded 188 times

The Pyrosian Chronicles 2
Sword of Fire - Fel.epub
(5.47 MiB) Downloaded 217 times
Sword of Fire - Fel.pdf
(2.5 MiB) Downloaded 197 times

The Pyrosian Chronicles 3
Demons Bane - Fel.epub