AI generated cover images for Subjugation books.

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
kyli
Mi'Shara

AI generated cover images for Subjugation books.

Post by kyli »

So I have been compiling some of Fel's books, mostly just the Subjugation books in the past, but I hate just having unappealing text covers. Recently, AI image generation has become a thing so I've been fooling around a bit with that for cover generation. I would appreciate it if people who are interested dropped their own generated images inspired by Fels books here. Also if someone who knows any legal stuff could clarify what AI images can or can't be used for legally, I would appreciate it. My images are generated using Nightcafe.
Attachments
KwvQoYlkb5tpQumsiisZ--1--7SXVH.jpg
R2bkxQt1meNLcYdhZM5S--1--CVW1C.jpg
F9X9BB1TCj6LJ2Hmxs1d--1--kapd2.jpg
I0dT3Uohs8FXD27X8I5Q--1--zgd0r.jpg
ivnTrvzbZqcrTr9an92v--1--fkcci.jpg
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
kyli
Mi'Shara

Re: AI generated cover images for Subjugation books.

Post by kyli »

Zor wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:35 pm If you want to stick with phoenixes, this is generated with Midjourney. They do grant ownership to the creator.
Just copying this post over here so all the images can be in one spot.
Attachments
Zor_space_phoenix_flying_over_earth_4cede9fe-72f5-4293-bad6-a8cbe0c139bf_small.png
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

I haven't read the firestaff books in like 5 years. Tarrin is a black cat with green eyes in cat form, right? I'm thinking this could be a cover for The Questing Game, book 2 of the Firestaff Chronicles.
Attachments
6hJgdVkl_4x.jpg
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Two more images. I'm thinking that different black cat photos with fire could be the cover for quite a few Firestaff and Pyrosian books. If someone has image editing skills, I would love these cats to have green eyes. I'm out of free credits with the Nightcore AI image creator for now.
Attachments
a05hXBVu_4x.jpg
Ak0ByG4X_4x.jpg
Zor
Initiate

Post by Zor »

I can get the upscaled version of any one of these if anyone wants to use them.
Attachments
Zor_black_cat_with_green_eyes_controlling_fire_b030618e-2ee5-4df4-83c0-cb463035e4dc.png
Zor_black_cat_sitting_and_flames_8c07cc71-5a58-46ce-835a-c605e8fa2278 (1).png
Zor_panther_with_green_eyes_walking_thru_fire_7850b2d7-7aa8-4266-b736-48678a65bbee.png
Zor_panther_controlling_fire_ff137eb6-4121-4aac-ab1a-fd6af22d677a.png
Zor_panther_walking_thru_fire_65c72f9d-8cc6-4f2f-87ce-ba5a7a75f6ff.png
Zor_panther_controlling_fire_4ef89541-a8c9-4df9-b57b-12aa4701d0c7.png
Zor_black_cat_walking_thru_flames_a87006ad-3817-4a30-a21e-1d676a9259f6.png
Zor_black_cat_sitting_and_flames_8c07cc71-5a58-46ce-835a-c605e8fa2278.png
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Zor wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:31 am I can get the upscaled version of any one of these if anyone wants to use them.
I can upscale them myself if I have to. But I already generated a lot more images using the free Stable Diffusion AI. I would still like to mix it up a bit with the cover of book 4 and 5 of the firestaff chronicles. "A staff of fire in a volcano" for book 4 would be ideal but the AI isn't being cooperative. It refuses to generate a staff in the image. I'm starting to think someone will have to generate the two separately and then edit the staff in on a fiery volcano background.

For book 5, I was thinking about this image...
Attachments
z5Nq1nJk_4x.jpg
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

<deleted message>

Btw, Thanks Zor for the images. I didnt use them because I already had a few cat images that I thought were better. You can see them below.
Last edited by kyli on Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

It would be nice to get some feedback on here, guys. I put together these 2 covers. What do you think? I am going with the black cat images mostly because the AI can't handle complex scenes well.

Edit: Reuploading the 2 covers and adding 3 more. This completes the Firestaff Chronicles. Now for the Pyrosian Chronicles. I am thinking about a mysterious dwarven axe for book 1, a sword of fire for the 2nd book, and Tarrin with fire wings for the 3th book, but little detail on the humanoid part somehow so the AI might handle it better. I haven't even tried getting those images yet. I don't foresee it as being easy. Opinions? Help? Its all welcome.......
Attachments
5.png
4.png
3.png
2.png
1.png
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

The AI doesn't want to make an Axe. One of my attempts made these, but the hair isn't white. Maybe the blond one would still work for book 1 of the Pyrosian Chronicles.
Attachments
dKJIwMH1_4x.jpg
sEcYUzZi_4x.jpg
heustess
Katzh-dashi

Post by heustess »

Those all look good. Thanks for all your hard work. But, it needs more flying rainbow unicorns. And cowbell. Always more cowbell.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

kyli wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:52 pm It would be nice to get some feedback on here, guys. I put together these 2 covers. What do you think? I am going with the black cat images mostly because the AI can't handle complex scenes well.

Edit: Reuploading the 2 covers and adding 3 more. This completes the Firestaff Chronicles. Now for the Pyrosian Chronicles. I am thinking about a mysterious dwarven axe for book 1, a sword of fire for the 2nd book, and Tarrin with fire wings for the 3th book, but little detail on the humanoid part somehow so the AI might handle it better. I haven't even tried getting those images yet. I don't foresee it as being easy. Opinions? Help? Its all welcome.......
I know you want serious feedback, but I can only see Salem from Sabrina the teenage witch (the original) in those cat images ;)
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Thanks guys.

I am now posting a poll for what I plan to be the cover of book 1 of the Pyrosian Chronicles. The poll will be in a separate Topic post in General. Link to poll below and the images are attached to this post here.
Poll Link:viewtopic.php?t=2754

POLL OPTION #1
pJKIgXUTACAXHxyTpRjt--3--4nknp.jpg
POLL OPTION #2
pJKIgXUTACAXHxyTpRjt--4--gl40t.jpg
POLL OPTION #3
O2s66wd6ONDcUTA1HXDh--4--cprug.jpg
POLL OPTION #4
O2s66wd6ONDcUTA1HXDh--3--g4uh1.jpg
POLL OPTION #5
O2s66wd6ONDcUTA1HXDh--2--qcnw1.jpg
POLL OPTION #6
UteKIbuqbAyFucs2A5fF--4--1656x.jpg
POLL OPTION #7
u1CVaHttirsNuhwvH6Pz--1--nsjpe.jpg
POLL OPTION #8
u1CVaHttirsNuhwvH6Pz--2--d5wxw.jpg
POLL OPTION #9
u1CVaHttirsNuhwvH6Pz--3--6bbxg.jpg
POLL OPTION #10
u1CVaHttirsNuhwvH6Pz--4--m05aa.jpg
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

I think I got the cover for book 2of the Pyrosian chronicles. The AI didnt want to give me a Sword of Fire. Now i'm struggling with book 3. The AI has given me a couple acceptable images exempt that instead of a man with wings of fire, its a woman, so I cant use them. So anyway, cover below for Sword of Fire. Please go vote in the poll to decide the cover for Pyrosian 1. Its the only one so far where i've had many acceptable options. Images are in the post above this one and the poll is here. -> viewtopic.php?t=2754
Attachments
pFwdGRDu_4x.jpg
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

I genuinely want some feedback on this one. The hair was originally a dark color. I tried getting blond but my editing sucks. Its golden now which isn't too bad. How would it look for the cover for Demon's Bane?
Attachments
myKxTW9b_4x.jpg
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Less then a week to go in the poll for the Awe of the Dwarven King cover image. Option 4 is winning as of now so if you have a different favorite, go vote now. I am also considering changing the cover image for books 3 and 5 of the Firestaff Chronicles. Anyway, here is a preview of all 3 Pyrosian covers as of now.
6.png
7.png
8.png