AI generated cover images for Subjugation books.

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Re: AI generated cover images for Subjugation books.

Post by Greymist »

kyli wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:14 am Less then a week to go in the poll for the Awe of the Dwarven King cover image. Option 4 is winning as of now so if you have a different favorite, go vote now. I am also considering changing the cover image for books 3 and 5 of the Firestaff Chronicles. Anyway, here is a preview of all 3 Pyrosian covers as of now.

6.png
7.png
8.png
Nice, I like those ones.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Finally decided to return to this a bit today, after checking weavespinner.net and seeing it gone and my antivirus freaking out when I visited for some reason.

I decided to get some new images for the first 3 books and I would like somebody's...... anybody's.... opinion on them. Original covers are in the link. https://forums.sennadar.com/viewtopic.p ... 168#p38168

The reason I didn't want a cat on the cover of book 1 is because I consider the werecat thing as a minor spoiler. Maybe its just me.
1.png
2.png
3.png
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

Ohh, I like those.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Belgarion213 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:18 am Ohh, I like those.
Thanks for the feedback. I feels like I talk to myself here sometimes. Lol

I'm working on improving the cover for book 5. This is the best one but I can't use it for obvious reasons.
lJECIsJx9saJhZNFHuOv--7--jsb7k.jpg
This is probably the one I'm going for.
lJECIsJx9saJhZNFHuOv--2--1p4lo.jpg
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

That one is nice too :)
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Book 5 cover. I think I now have the final covers for all of them. I'm satisfied. Book 4 and the Pyrosian books are unchanged.

Not sure if I'll do Subjugation yet. I'll try, but I depends if I can get good images. Sci Fi images that is actually accurate to the book is harder.
5.png
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Eeeeeh, used a lot of credits before I got this. Somehow need to do it at least 9 more times. :shock:
Subjugation 1 cover.png
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

So where will the books/epubs be published with these new covers? Especially now that weavespinner.net is down and for purchase.

J-Man5
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

J-Man5 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:54 am So where will the books/epubs be published with these new covers? Especially now that weavespinner.net is down and for purchase.

J-Man5
I am currently redoing all the Tarrin books from scratch. I was a bit lazy the first time by using word docs from weavespinner instead of compiling them myself. The reason I'm redoing them is because of a few formatting inconsistencies. I only just finished doing that with them all so I now have clean documents for all the books. Hopefully I dont run into issues and can get them done soonish now (this week, maybe).... I'm only working on it for around one hour or less per day. As for where they will be published, I would like the final versions to be published in Chapter Announcements, but I need an admin for that... I'll have to get in contact with Graymist or Fel and see if they agree.

If you're asking about subjugation, I want more covers before I even start with that. No timeline at all there.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

kyli wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:15 am
J-Man5 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:54 am So where will the books/epubs be published with these new covers? Especially now that weavespinner.net is down and for purchase.

J-Man5
I am currently redoing all the Tarrin books from scratch. I was a bit lazy the first time by using word docs from weavespinner instead of compiling them myself. The reason I'm redoing them is because of a few formatting inconsistencies. I only just finished doing that with them all so I now have clean documents for all the books. Hopefully I dont run into issues and can get them done soonish now (this week, maybe).... I'm only working on it for around one hour or less per day. As for where they will be published, I would like the final versions to be published in Chapter Announcements, but I need an admin for that... I'll have to get in contact with Graymist or Fel and see if they agree.

If you're asking about subjugation, I want more covers before I even start with that. No timeline at all there.
I can do that, also meaning to put a cache of the books up on the sennadar domain (will link from www.sennadar.com, maybe make a subdomain books.sennadar.com), so if you're bored feel free to put together a HTML/web page to host them ;)
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Thank you both for your hard work on this.

J-Man5
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Anyone know a simple way to change skin color from tan to blue with a free image editor. Link to YouTube video if that's what it takes. This is way outside my expertise.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Thought on this.
Jyslin.png
Edit: Sometimes I just say I'm done then, but 5 minutes later, I'm working on it again.
Subjugation cover 1.png
If you want to know my pain, this is the originally generated image. I am not a photo editor!!!
8t0yqOYaID52LDfULWxy--13--zsrys.jpg
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

I think i outdid myself. I love this so much. Every other cover I make now will feel sooo bad now.
Subjugation 1 cover (final).png
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Greymist wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:51 am
I can do that, also meaning to put a cache of the books up on the sennadar domain (will link from www.sennadar.com, maybe make a subdomain books.sennadar.com), so if you're bored feel free to put together a HTML/web page to host them ;)
Did it! Kind of.
I created a website with multiple pages. On the homepage, it provides the .doc, .pdf, and .epub to Fel's current project, so Revelation chapters 1 to 11. There is an achieve page that has most of the docs available on this forum in .zip files. Each book has its own zip file. It has a blog page where we can repost relevant updates that Fel posts on Twitter or here on the forums. And it has a books page for the actual books in pdf and epub. This page isn't actually ready, as I still need to create subpages for it, so I put some red "under maintenance" sign on it. And the reason for that is because everything else is actually ready to go if you wanted it. It's all currently in a folder on my computer though, and I don't know the next step even if I did own a domain to upload it to. 🙃

The big thing is the home page (with the current arc chapters) and the blog would need updating whenever Fel posts new stuff. I think I would be willing to help with that.