A little something while you wait.

Miscelanious Short Stories
Fel
Weavespinner

A little something while you wait.

Post by Fel »

For those who don't follow me on twitter, an explanation:

To break my writer's block, I started a new project from the ground up, and I promised to post the test chapter that resulted here.

Well, this is that chapter. old1.doc, which is the file name for Old Soul.

Now, the other eight files are one of what I call my "doodle" projects. I work on these projects here and there while I'm working on main projects. These doodle projects aren't written with the intention of ever releasing them. They're mainly to let me explore plot concepts or just goof around with something that nobody is ever gonna see. Plus, some of them can't be released for public decency reasons...which is a polite way of saying that I don't release the ultra-dirty things that manage to escape my brain and make it into a document file.

Most of them get deleted almost immediately after they get written, proving that I can at least feel shame after the fact.

But the non-hentai doodles do survive, and some of them are structured enough to be released, at least with a lot of work to clean them up. I don't edit these things as I make them, so any time I make a change, it creates massive continuity issues. After all, I don't want to waste my time editing something no one else is gonna see. I know what changes I made, so that's good enough.

Anyway, to help alleviate this content drought, I took one of these doodle projects that I'm not ashamed of to the point where I'll delete my entire internet if anyone ever sees it, cleaned it up, fixed the continuity errors, and even wrote about 7 pages of new content to create a logical ending, turning into a completed project.

This project, Onnajiki Academy, is my fanfic homage to my favorite genre of anime, the high school drama/romance. Since it's a completed project, I think a tiny bit of summarization is in order so people can decide if they want to download it and read it.

It follows one Kato Cano, 17 year old immigrant resident living in Japan, as he transfers to a new school as part of a program to integrate it from an all girl high school to a coed school. It follows a few of the genre's tropes, with Kato being a "golden boy" (that one guy in high school that had all the brains, brawn, and talents that made you sooooo jealous of him) with a tragic past, his perky little sister, a diminutive tsundere archnemesis that entire gangs of juvinile delinquents regard with raw terror, and nothing earth-shattering or overly dramatic. It's just a not quite so usual guy trying his best to make the best of a slightly weird situation, and the story follows him through his entire junior and senior years of high school. So, it has a lot of time jumps, and you get to see the characters develop relatively quickly from the reader's perspective.

So, here you go. Hope this entertains you until I can get back into the groove with Revelation.

Enjoy.
Attachments
old1.doc
(172.5 KiB) Downloaded 1062 times
onnajiki1.doc
(154.5 KiB) Downloaded 888 times
onnajiki2.doc
(137 KiB) Downloaded 797 times
onnajiki3.doc
(153 KiB) Downloaded 825 times
onnajiki4.doc
(144.5 KiB) Downloaded 799 times
onnajiki5.doc
(142 KiB) Downloaded 788 times
onnajiki6.doc
(143.5 KiB) Downloaded 835 times
onnajiki7.doc
(137.5 KiB) Downloaded 841 times
onnajiki8.doc
(145.5 KiB) Downloaded 904 times
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
imthejman85
Sorcerer

Re: A little something while you wait.

Post by imthejman85 »

Hell yeah! More stuff to read!

(Edit)
Also, now that I binge read this new 8 part story when are we gonna get more? Feeeeed us Fel!

Hope everything is settling down at home, take it easy Mate.
Last edited by imthejman85 on Tue May 11, 2021 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -George Orwell
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

So...A Fel version of High School DxD :)
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
wetnomad
Katzh-dashi

Post by wetnomad »

Thanks Fel. :)
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

boballab wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:57 am So...A Fel version of High School DxD :)
No. If you want to compare it to any one anime, it'd be more like Maid Sama. Kato and Chihaya are just a tiny bit superhuman, while everyone around them is completely normal.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
NSC
Katzh-dashi

Post by NSC »

I'll download them and give them a shot, as time allows. I keep hoping you'll finish the Walker series, but at this point I'd have to re-read the first 2.75 books to refresh my memory.
maij32
Initiate

Post by maij32 »

Shame! Shame! Shame! *pauses to ring bell* Shame! Shame! Shame! *pauses to ring bell* Shame! Shame! Shame! *pauses to let random citizen call Fel naughty and judgey words that could easily be applied to any normal closet pervert*

PS- Thanks for the mental candy.
heustess
Katzh-dashi

Post by heustess »

Thanks for the stories.
mjkj
Katzh-dashi

Post by mjkj »

Thank you, Fel :mrgreen:
scooter012
Sorcerer

Post by scooter012 »

Thanks Fel!
Eurasier
Sorcerer

Post by Eurasier »

Interesting - I must confess that anime is a genre I have never understood - maybe this is the chance:-)
More power to the werewolves!
crxbnt
Da'Shar

Post by crxbnt »

Thanks Fel
felfan3000
Katzh-dashi

Post by felfan3000 »

Thanks Fel!
Linux. It's what you need!