Revolution Ch 7 - (SPOILERS)

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:07 am
Location: Smack dab in the middle of the great wet north

Revolution Ch 7 - (SPOILERS)

Post by SoronelHaetir » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:43 pm

At this point I am surprised that they are still trying subterfuge with the medical service. They have plenty to show that something underhanded is going on and I have a hard time seeing either the Karinnes or Kimdori caring that IMS knows that they've been outed.

lapland
Katzh-dashi
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:31 am
Location: Iowa, USA

Re: Revolution Ch 7 - (SPOILERS)

Post by lapland » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:49 pm

Jason is currently being held back by the denmother. The fact the medical services are almost considered godlike in Fey society adds to that. However if Denmother reports back she is unable to penetrate their security Jason will act with force that will announce to the universe at large... Don’t mess with Jason, or his family. Just as Kevin holds all pickers as his family, Jason believes all he is responsible for are family, be them on Terra, Keris, or the Confederation. The more they are innocent and unable to defend themselves, the more he will defend them.

GotToGo
Da'Shar
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas area

Re: Revolution Ch 7 - (SPOILERS)

Post by GotToGo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:11 pm

Fel,

Found a continuity issue between CO and Revolution. My question is do you want to know?

Thanks for all you do!

betatester
Sorcerer
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 3:00 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Revolution Ch 7 - (SPOILERS)

Post by betatester » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:30 am

What do you guys think of the race that had been attacking KES ships, I think we might be looking at another war here.

And as for IMS well they are most definitely upto something shady, most likely full cloning or maybe they are running a generations program themselves just like original Karrinee did. And as full body cloning is a taboo topic that's why they have such security. And maybe all those farm workers who had their files as Eyes only by IMS are genetic donors or their faey doctors were full clones and they were practicing their telepathy on them.

SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:07 am
Location: Smack dab in the middle of the great wet north

Re: Revolution Ch 7 - (SPOILERS)

Post by SoronelHaetir » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:51 am

Of course I also think making the data so hard to get was a mistake on IMS part. It likely would have been better camouflage to gin up dummy records and just make them normally available (dating from the time of the subjugation, it's far too late for that now). If people find what they expect they don't even know there is something to dig for.

imthejman85
Sorcerer
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Stationed in Kansas and loving it!

Re: Revolution Ch 7 - (SPOILERS)

Post by imthejman85 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:45 am

betatester wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:30 am
What do you guys think of the race that had been attacking KES ships, I think we might be looking at another war here.

And as for IMS well they are most definitely upto something shady, most likely full cloning or maybe they are running a generations program themselves just like original Karrinee did. And as full body cloning is a taboo topic that's why they have such security. And maybe all those farm workers who had their files as Eyes only by IMS are genetic donors or their faey doctors were full clones and they were practicing their telepathy on them.
I'm curious if it's another transplant of Faey. I wouldn't be opposed to another war though.

I dunno if anyone else thought about it yet, but what if the IMS were doing experiments on those pesky humans when they discovered something proving humans and Faey really are related and that's what they're trying to hide. The humans that are being effected by 3rd gen simsense could be because of genes they have from before Fael and humans completely branched apart, or maybe they all share an alpha ancester Faey from before the Faey were transplanted off Earth. That bombshell would certainly turn the humans and Faey on their ears so to speak. I would be curious to know if the Kimdori already know but I don't recall Fel ever mentioning how long the Kimdori have been space faring. I doubt it's been since before humans and Faey were developing on Earth though.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -George Orwell

Belgarion213
Da'Shar
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:31 am
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Revolution Ch 7 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Belgarion213 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:37 am

One possibility is that the IMS are going against the law that was passed by the Empress that killed of Old Keris. Remember breeding programs are taboo in the Imperium. I wonder if the IMS is trying to recreate the Generations the hard way after Jason smacked people down for trying to kidnap a Generation.

They have all that medical data, and if anybody has them they would have the cloning tanks that were going to be used to mass-produce Generations.

GotToGo
Da'Shar
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas area

Re: Revolution Ch 7 - (SPOILERS)

Post by GotToGo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:47 pm

I'm just wondering if Jason will be visiting the FMS in his Cheetah Mech? :evil: :twisted:

GotToGo
Da'Shar
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas area

Re: Revolution Ch 7 - (SPOILERS)

Post by GotToGo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:01 pm

That the FMS is funneling the Farm Workers to only Faey Doctors, and it would most likely be a small group of Docs! Would that not be a prime target for the Kimdori?

SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:07 am
Location: Smack dab in the middle of the great wet north

Re: Revolution Ch 7 - (SPOILERS)

Post by SoronelHaetir » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:23 pm

imthejman85 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:45 am
betatester wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:30 am
What do you guys think of the race that had been attacking KES ships, I think we might be looking at another war here.

And as for IMS well they are most definitely upto something shady, most likely full cloning or maybe they are running a generations program themselves just like original Karrinee did. And as full body cloning is a taboo topic that's why they have such security. And maybe all those farm workers who had their files as Eyes only by IMS are genetic donors or their faey doctors were full clones and they were practicing their telepathy on them.
I'm curious if it's another transplant of Faey. I wouldn't be opposed to another war though.

I dunno if anyone else thought about it yet, but what if the IMS were doing experiments on those pesky humans when they discovered something proving humans and Faey really are related and that's what they're trying to hide. The humans that are being effected by 3rd gen simsense could be because of genes they have from before Fael and humans completely branched apart, or maybe they all share an alpha ancester Faey from before the Faey were transplanted off Earth. That bombshell would certainly turn the humans and Faey on their ears so to speak. I would be curious to know if the Kimdori already know but I don't recall Fel ever mentioning how long the Kimdori have been space faring. I doubt it's been since before humans and Faey were developing on Earth though.
I don't see it being a generations breeding program because it dates from the time of the subjugation and the generations were unknown at that time. I could well see IMS doing experiments trying to figure out why just some humans evince telepathic powers, although given how prevalent they are through the galactic population it shouldn't be at all surprising that _some_ humans do. Of course it also seems like a strange way to go about such experiments, the whole you can catch more flys with honey than vinegar thing. If that were IMS' goal it seems they would have been far better served keeping their subjects happy (making sure they in particular knew about the available payments etc even if it were made difficult for the general population).

GotToGo
Da'Shar
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas area

Re: Revolution Ch 7 - (SPOILERS)

Post by GotToGo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:34 pm

betatester wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:30 am
What do you guys think of the race that had been attacking KES ships, I think we might be looking at another war here.

And as for IMS well they are most definitely upto something shady, most likely full cloning or maybe they are running a generations program themselves just like original Karrinee did. And as full body cloning is a taboo topic that's why they have such security. And maybe all those farm workers who had their files as Eyes only by IMS are genetic donors or their faey doctors were full clones and they were practicing their telepathy on them.
Beta,

I believe it's a lead into next Book of Subjugation for Fel!

User avatar
Wolfee
Mi'Shara
Posts: 526
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:54 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Revolution Ch 7 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Wolfee » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:23 am

GotToGo wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:34 pm
betatester wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:30 am
What do you guys think of the race that had been attacking KES ships, I think we might be looking at another war here.

And as for IMS well they are most definitely upto something shady, most likely full cloning or maybe they are running a generations program themselves just like original Karrinee did. And as full body cloning is a taboo topic that's why they have such security. And maybe all those farm workers who had their files as Eyes only by IMS are genetic donors or their faey doctors were full clones and they were practicing their telepathy on them.
Beta,

I believe it's a lead into next Book of Subjugation for Fel!
That would be kewl!

betatester
Sorcerer
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 3:00 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Revolution Ch 7 - (SPOILERS)

Post by betatester » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:29 pm

Ya but the KMS would have quarantined that Galaxy by now, so how is fel going to create that war.

War can only happen if they are interacting with them somehow. I don't believe fel intends to have another extra Galactic war.

I believe he intends to reveal something that is so shocking and extreme that the Imperial Medical Service is involved in that it causes the faey population to revolt or that the revelation causes a revolution as I think that's what Aria is also dreaming about as well.

And I think that IMS is going to fight Jason and the karinees against revealing their dirty laundry to the wider galaxy

GotToGo
Da'Shar
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas area

Re: Revolution Ch 7 - (SPOILERS)

Post by GotToGo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:06 pm

betatester wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:29 pm
Ya but the KMS would have quarantined that Galaxy by now, so how is fel going to create that war.

War can only happen if they are interacting with them somehow. I don't believe fel intends to have another extra Galactic war.

I believe he intends to reveal something that is so shocking and extreme that the Imperial Medical Service is involved in that it causes the faey population to revolt or that the revelation causes a revolution as I think that's what Aria is also dreaming about as well.

And I think that IMS is going to fight Jason and the karinees against revealing their dirty laundry to the wider galaxy
Betatester,


First - You brought the originating post on the issue and Jason won't start a war, but if those that keep attacking his people outside the quarantine zone he will stand and fight as we've seen. Plus I said the Fel loves to throw tidbits at us for possible future books. That still a pretty big maybe in there.

Second - I agee with you. But do you think Jason will bounce his response ideas off his Dreamer Daughter to see the affects on her Dreams?

SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:07 am
Location: Smack dab in the middle of the great wet north

Re: Revolution Ch 7 - (SPOILERS)

Post by SoronelHaetir » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:55 pm

I believe Jason is so hesitant about using (in the bad sense) the Dreamers in general and Aria in particular that he will be very careful about telling her anything. But Dreamer powers aren't really restricted by knowledge of what is going on (else the anti-matter attack would not have succeeded) and so I'm not sure how much that care would actually matter. Just the fact that he plans something may well be enough, regardless of whther Aria has been informed.

Post Reply