Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
User avatar
Wolfee
Mi'Shara
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:54 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Wolfee » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:18 pm

Not a ID wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:23 am
GotToGo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:57 pm
Wolfee wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:23 pm


JeffreyC - Nice post chief. Agreed - that is where I hope Fel goes with this. That somewhere in the UN there is someone who has their fingers on the checkbook and the patient scheduling system and is using the access to pocket the money while making it look like things are being done.
Hey it's going to lead to where/who is getting the money in-the-end. My bet is still the Faey Medical Service, as their actions seem really sinister.
I just discovered Chapter 6 is out, just downloaded but decided to fire this one off first before reading it.

I suspect the Faey Medical Services are going to be part of the problem. But there will likely be "more to the story" that is going on there.

Chapter 5 was heavy on stuff not making the FMS look very good. Between the very low training success rate for Terran Doctors, the issue that was raised in regards to medical procedures for reproductive assistance(because the Faey have a religious taboo on it), and so on. While the "Revolution" may not be the FMS, they're probably going to be on the receiving end of some rather unpleasant attention from Jason soon enough if more issues keep cropping up. And given how entrenched they are, that's going to be quite the battle for Jason when the time comes... But I doubt it reaches the level of being its own major story arc, rather than a minor one.
Interesting idea "ID' that the FMS may ultimately be someone else's patsy. Either way this should turn out to be pretty darn interesting... Now it makes me wonder even more is "someone" going to get blasted back to the stone age? And if so, who is it going to be?

A thought I had centered around the FMS and how they won't use fertility treatments if someone is having a hard time having a child...Songa won't help Seido and Merra for example. But may be the rest of the FMS, or some of the upper leadership have talked themselves into the "humans aren't Faey, so we have more wiggle room with what truly is "unnatural".

Looking forward to chapter 7.

Not a ID
Initiate
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 4:34 am

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Not a ID » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:22 pm

Okay, after having read through Chapter 6, I'm guess the FMS was engaging in some "Black Medical Experiments" on the humans who were sent to the farm. And what is being encountered with certain users of CO(or more specifically, the Farm Survivors) is likely an outgrowth of those experiments/"treatments."

That the FMS had been performing "black experiements" on humans would also explain why they're very reticent about giving humans permission to practice medicine under their Aegis. As those doctors would both become the most likely to notice(fellow Humans being their likely favored field of expertise) and the most likely to blow the whistle on what happened.

They'd also be the hardest one to shut up/silence, as we go back to their medical practice preference likely favoring fellow humans. As such suddenly reassigning them to a distant backwater world where nobody cares would be hard to explain. (This may extend to the point where the Humans that are getting through are probably the ones interested in Xeno-biology, and thus very unlikely to practice medicine on humans in general--and likely being "encouraged" to practice in locations that likewise minimize their chances of ever encountering any Farm Survivors)

So I'm starting to skew towards this potentially leading to some "revolutionary" changes on multiple fronts for the Humans in particular, possibly others given time. The FMS is also going to face "a reckoning" for what they did.

It doesn't change however, that they evidently found some kind of treatment which seems to greatly enhance the abilities of people well beyond anything they'd otherwise be capable of. They just failed to find the right "trigger" for those effects to become significant. Now it just becomes a question of what was involved in "the treatment" which is enabling all of this.

I'm also wondering if the Farm survivors on CO are going to start developing telepathic abilities in time, as I kind of suspect they were experimenting with some kind of Human/Faey hybridization process, which is how what's being seen is happening. And of course, given that we know the Faey themselves are actually an offshot of the human race, it isn't entirely unlikely that they could have unintentionally been more successful than they intended.

Not a ID
Initiate
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 4:34 am

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Not a ID » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:27 pm

Also, the FMS may need all kinds of "help" should Jason and the Karinnes find out that some of the Generations were killed because of said experiments, or worse, are still being held somewhere.

I think the odds that some Generations didn't get caught up in that are pretty low.

User avatar
Wolfee
Mi'Shara
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:54 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Wolfee » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:36 pm

Not a ID wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:27 pm
Also, the FMS may need all kinds of "help" should Jason and the Karinnes find out that some of the Generations were killed because of said experiments, or worse, are still being held somewhere.

I think the odds that some generations didn't get caught up in that are pretty low.
maybe, maybe not - I would say that there are no other Karinnes being held, simply because they are so rare, and where almost extinct by the time the Faey did show up. I am leaning more toward black medical experiments. Another thought I had after catching up on this thread was the FMS has had time to fully digest an realize now that the abilities of house Karinne are unnatural. That a strict interpretation of natural/unnatural is holding back the Faey.

Not a ID
Initiate
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 4:34 am

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Not a ID » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:56 pm

I'm going to have to go back and check, but I very vaguely recall that some Generations were reported to have died on the Farms. As the FMS presumably verified/reported those deaths, and the FMS was believed to be neutral(and thus reliable) on the matter, they may not have dug much further on the matter. Now to go back and dig through the earlier volumes and see what was mentioned in regards to their search for the Human Generations.

If through sheer dumb (bad) luck one of "early patients" had been a Generation, they might have activated many of the generation abilities by accident, and attributed the outcome to the experiment, at least until Jason happened.

It also would explain why the experiment seems to have been carried out on so many people, because it worked on at least one of the humans...

User avatar
Wolfee
Mi'Shara
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:54 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Wolfee » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:23 pm

Not a ID wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:56 pm
I'm going to have to go back and check, but I very vaguely recall that some Generations were reported to have died on the Farms. As the FMS presumably verified/reported those deaths, and the FMS was believed to be neutral(and thus reliable) on the matter, they may not have dug much further on the matter. Now to go back and dig through the earlier volumes and see what was mentioned in regards to their search for the Human Generations.

If through sheer dumb (bad) luck one of "early patients" had been a Generation, they might have activated many of the generation abilities by accident, and attributed the outcome to the experiment, at least until Jason happened.

It also would explain why the experiment seems to have been carried out on so many people, because it worked on at least one of the humans...
Did Fel ever say what happened to the Human who expressed while Jason was in school in the first few chapters of book 1?

Either that or the FMS has their own version of Joseph Mengele running around in the background. Or maybe their own version of a black ops biology team to study the "primitive" humans. This may go deeper down the rabbit hole than we think. Lets just hope that the Faey religious leaders aren't some how tied into this... that would be all kinds of bad.

Not a ID
Initiate
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 4:34 am

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Not a ID » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:13 pm

Wolfee wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:23 pm
Not a ID wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:56 pm
I'm going to have to go back and check, but I very vaguely recall that some Generations were reported to have died on the Farms. As the FMS presumably verified/reported those deaths, and the FMS was believed to be neutral(and thus reliable) on the matter, they may not have dug much further on the matter. Now to go back and dig through the earlier volumes and see what was mentioned in regards to their search for the Human Generations.

If through sheer dumb (bad) luck one of "early patients" had been a Generation, they might have activated many of the generation abilities by accident, and attributed the outcome to the experiment, at least until Jason happened.

It also would explain why the experiment seems to have been carried out on so many people, because it worked on at least one of the humans...
Did Fel ever say what happened to the Human who expressed while Jason was in school in the first few chapters of book 1?
They found and accounted for all of the humans House Trellane made off with. The one Generation they unknowingly had(thinking she was "just a telepath) was apprehended on Earth, but was mindwiped, she did live on/near the strip for awhile after that, I think she still lives nearby.

My theory would be the ones that ran afoul of the FMS would have "expressed" prior to even Jason and her. But due to their having been on the receiving end of an experiment where such an outcome was hoped for, they didn't "connect the dots" on what was going on. Until they had someone not in the experiment express.

Which would be how they could still be holding a Generationhuman telepath that "fell through the cracks" because they were reported as being dead, by none less than the FMS, prior to the Human Generations/Telepaths "in the wild" starting to awaken. Safe bet that the FMS would have been moving any test subjects off planet ASAP once they expressed, don't need the rest of the Faye catching on to what they were doing. Declaring them dead would have generally stopped further inquiries from other Faye at the time.

And as Jason and the Kimdori had no reason to investigate the FMS at the time...
Either that or the FMS has their own version of Joseph Mengele running around in the background. Or maybe their own version of a black ops biology team to study the "primitive" humans. This may go deeper down the rabbit hole than we think. Lets just hope that the Faey religious leaders aren't some how tied into this... that would be all kinds of bad.
That's the theory. There could an "outside influence" in play all the same who hasn't shown their hand just yet, but I'm leaning against their being extra-galactic in origin.

Edit: revised some things after doing some basic searching on the first 2 parts of the series. Could just be a human telepath, rather than a Generation. Although evidence of a Human Generation being in the mix and held by the FMS would put the Kimdori, Jason, and Dahnai on the warpath almost immediately should they learn of one. Human Telepaths still in FMS custody from back then would be very bad as well, but not quite to the same level.

At a guess, if the FMS has any humans "in custody" from that black project, they've probably been in some form of suspended animation/cryogenic sleep since shortly after Jason came forward as the Grand Duke. Nothing says CYA like punting on a problem and hope it won't be discovered until it has become somebody else's problem.

miraborn
Da'Shar
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:23 pm

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by miraborn » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:40 pm

If all (or even some) of these speculations come to be, I fear mightily for the leaders of the FMS, and also for Songa if she had even the slightest hint of any idea that this was going on. I am envisioning Jason going all My Little Pony Happy Puppy Benga Boardroom at FMS HQ... Trelle save them.

User avatar
kyli
Sui'Kun
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:38 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by kyli » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:12 am

While I suspect the FMS Commander might be involved, this can't be a FMS wide problem. I'm sure for the most part, the FMS doctors would be horrified at what is happening. Conspiracies on that level wouldn't stay secret long if too many knew about it. Too many people have lines they wouldn't cross long before they reached that far.
"Revenge is a dish best served cold, and revenge is sweet, so for all intents and purposes, revenge is ice cream."

Not a ID
Initiate
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 4:34 am

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Not a ID » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:52 am

kyli wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:12 am
While I suspect the FMS Commander might be involved, this can't be a FMS wide problem. I'm sure for the most part, the FMS doctors would be horrified at what is happening. Conspiracies on that level wouldn't stay secret long if too many knew about it. Too many people have lines they wouldn't cross long before they reached that far.
In a lot of ways, the FMS Commanders may have become involved "after the fact" so their only involvement in the matter is in helping to bury it in the hope that what happened doesn't come to light for a very long time. (Which also opens the door to a third party outside the FMS having been the instigator)

But as the cover-up is almost always worse than the offense itself if they'd simply come clean at the start, there will still be hell to pay for what was done.

I doubt Songa knew anything about what was going on, but at the kind of scale being found on CO, at least a few dozen FMS members on Earth had to either be aware of it, or participants in it.

User avatar
Wolfee
Mi'Shara
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:54 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Wolfee » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:05 pm

All 3 of you, (Miraborn, Kyli and Not a ID) have made good points - I think I am in agreement for the most part... still trying to figure out where Fel is going with all of this! Looking forward to it!

imthejman85
Sorcerer
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Stationed in Kansas and loving it!

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by imthejman85 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:58 pm

miraborn wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:40 pm
If all (or even some) of these speculations come to be, I fear mightily for the leaders of the FMS, and also for Songa if she had even the slightest hint of any idea that this was going on. I am envisioning Jason going all My Little Pony Happy Puppy Benga Boardroom at FMS HQ... Trelle save them.
I doubt Songa knew anything about it. Her and Rann were small time doctors when they were brought in by the Kimdori. Even after she became commander of the Karis medical service the leaders of the FMS would have had no reason to tell her what was going on back on Earth. I'm thinking experiments were being run on farm workers. Maybe/maybe not they discovered that humans and Faey both came from Earth and are technicallythe same species.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -George Orwell

User avatar
Wolfee
Mi'Shara
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:54 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Wolfee » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:42 pm

imthejman85 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:58 pm
miraborn wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:40 pm
If all (or even some) of these speculations come to be, I fear mightily for the leaders of the FMS, and also for Songa if she had even the slightest hint of any idea that this was going on. I am envisioning Jason going all My Little Pony Happy Puppy Benga Boardroom at FMS HQ... Trelle save them.
I doubt Songa knew anything about it. Her and Rann were small time doctors when they were brought in by the Kimdori. Even after she became commander of the Karis medical service the leaders of the FMS would have had no reason to tell her what was going on back on Earth. I'm thinking experiments were being run on farm workers. Maybe/maybe not they discovered that humans and Faey both came from Earth and are technicallythe same species.
Excellent point Jman85 - joining house Karrine was quite the promotion for Songa and she would have been entirely too busy getting the Karinne medical service up and running to even have a moment to think about what was going on on earth.

Not a ID
Initiate
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 4:34 am

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by Not a ID » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:40 am

imthejman85 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:58 pm
I doubt Songa knew anything about it. Her and Rann were small time doctors when they were brought in by the Kimdori.
The above is all that needs to be said in order to establish the probability that Songa or Rann had anything to do with what had been going on in the farms. Given how the Kimdori view the Generations, it's a safe bet they thoroughly screened anybody they introduced to Jason. That this seems to be news to them as well, indicates they found nothing back then, ergo Songa knew nothing.

miraborn
Da'Shar
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:23 pm

Re: Revolution Ch 6 - (SPOILERS)

Post by miraborn » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:25 pm

Not a ID wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:40 am
imthejman85 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:58 pm
I doubt Songa knew anything about it. Her and Rann were small time doctors when they were brought in by the Kimdori.
The above is all that needs to be said in order to establish the probability that Songa or Rann had anything to do with what had been going on in the farms. Given how the Kimdori view the Generations, it's a safe bet they thoroughly screened anybody they introduced to Jason. That this seems to be news to them as well, indicates they found nothing back then, ergo Songa knew nothing.
You raise a good point, which also implies the Denmother will similarly be having a conniption fit about the matter. I hope Kiaari isn't caught in the crossfire.

Post Reply