Earth dragon diet

Discussions all around the Earth Bond/Kell the dragon story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

SYED
Child of Niami

Earth dragon diet

Post by SYED »

I was thinking about how the ED rediscovered their breath weapon. It is said the chromatic dragons lured them in ancient times to the surface, and help them learn to farm. I wonder what they ate before they farmed. It's just tricky to see them as a predatory species. While they could hunt animals, they seem like they spent most of their time underground. This made me wonder if there was something underground that they could consume as part of a diet. We know some materials are magical insulators or conductors. Also, their earth immunity mean toxic material even radioactive ones are available to their diets. If they forgot they had breath weapon, and that their own spikes and horns were once translucent, they could have forgotten materials that feed them. I doubt it was part of the plan to hide the source of magic, as nothing those aspects reveal about their aura.
.S.A.M.K.M
Tuga555
Sorcerer

Re: Earth dragon diet

Post by Tuga555 »

Well, mushrooms :D
What upsets me more is that they have a flyer shape/body and there is absolutely for Gaia/evolution/etc to give a flyer body for a underground digger.
Now if they were surface creatures like partridges (and they have the same flyer body type) and could fly, usually if in danger from, lets say, dinosaurs.... and then the dinosaurs LEV ocorres. They could hide underground and "forget" how to fly. By forget how to fly I means forget the ability to shift the body mass to weightless. Just a theory...
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

All the dragons lived in a more symbiotic relationship, each providing what the other could not. When they lost track of that reliance on each other, the whole suffered. Earth dragons provided the source of magic. They also provided the gateway to their God as well as material objects from the ground itself. They could subsist on rocks if need be, but I'm sure all sorts of subterranean food sources were available as well. Then each of the other dragons provided as they were able. Water dragons drove schools of fish, both large and small into the Earth dragons tunnels. Food sources could be provided through the many gateways to the surface. If one dragon species taught the Earth dragons to farm, it makes since that they farmed first. Perhaps providing their food source first. Because they thought themselves above others because of their education they wanted to stop farming and put others to the task.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

I wonder just how wide range is the earth immunity the dragons posses. The are a huge range of toxic and radioactive materials that need to be dealt with, but most processes are very expensive. If an earth dragon eats it, then expels it as their breath weapon, I wonder if it would be render chemically and radioactively inert. Do the dragons get paid to take this refuse no one wants and then can reuse the material for themselves.
.S.A.M.K.M