Fel Xover possibilities

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
SYED
Child of Niami

Fel Xover possibilities

Post by SYED »

Has any one ever imagined some of the stories happening in the same world, especially the ones based on earth. THe idea and scenorios just pop up in my head
The best fit would be Earth Bond with the subujation stories in my mind. The dragon's magic would be the earth equivalent of the parri parri shamanistic ways, they could potentially share lore and techniques. THe dragons might have hidden from humans, but the advanced science of the faey and their telepathy is another issue. I bet the dragons would have encountered the karrines when they first came to earth. The earth dragons would have have learned science from those karrines, and they would have really advanced over time. When the dragons went into hiding, they might have invited the telepaths to come with them. They could have preserved the history of the karrine arrival. I wonder if it is possible to be both a magicial and a telepath. CAn magic even work away from earth? DO the oye trees act in a similar manner to earth dragons, emitting the magical energy. The other races of dragons would love to be made into nobles.
.S.A.M.K.M
MartinK
Da'Shar

Re: Fel Xover possibilities

Post by MartinK »

I'd rather keep reading the stories in worlds on their own. These so called crossovers, in my view, are childish and usually reasoned with "i like this story and that story, together they must be twice as good as on their own!". No, thanks. It's like combining a glass of milk with a glass of orange juice. Bah!

The results are poor and usually end up leaving tears the size of nations in the background story, since no universe is quite like the other and, after combining them, you have two different systems of magic you can't possibly merge reasonably. I'd rather leave those to short fanfictions that few people continue to read after a chapter or two. But creating your own true universe with rules you think up and that really go together, people that developed into their identity with suitably unique behaviour and all that goes with your own invention to allow your story to come about is certainly a laborious, challenging task to come up with before your story even begins. So, it's easier to just use someone elses world.
What does a signature tell us about a person that has a signature significantly longer than the text he posted in his last post?
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

I don't see a cross over possible on any except for Sennadar. Sennadar can actually cross over with many different worlds. It already incompuses a multi-verse where each universe has it's own magical levels depending on it's relative distance from the god of gods. Earth as we know it may be far away as is the universe of the emperium. The world of the dragans are closer but perhaps not too much closer. If you incorporate Sennadar you could bring all the worlds together. In the multi-verse there may even be duplicate earths with slight variations which could account for Kerines being in one but not the other. It could also account for a duplicate earth where humans actually have animal like physical charicteristics.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

If they are multiversal, that means wizardry and priest magic could be introduced to each world.
Are the arcan spirit magic a form of priest magic? totem shaman could be a more priet form of the magic, as they belong to only one. The shaman do ask for hteir magic from the spirit. COuld they use priest spells, but draw the energy from the spirits? Non totem shaman are more druid in nature, but totem could definitly use priest spells. So the non totem shaman, might be sorcerer/druid equivalent. I wonder if hte shadow arcans would be consider elementilists but for shadows.
Are the dragons magic from gaia, either druids or sorcerers? TO me the dragons seem like a kind of druid, but shaped magic like wizards.
are the parri parri druids, possibly? THe whole nature and tree links.
Any chance the unique magic systems of the individual worlds can be used on other worlds. I think so long as a device has a charged crystal it could be used. But for full use of their powwer something similar to that fairy amulet needs to be made, so access thier power off world.
ONly the psi powers can be used on any world.
.S.A.M.K.M
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

I typically despise crossovers because they're done so poorly. But Fel has created such a wonderful multi verse that can literally cross over to any world.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Given the structure of magic, diva, and swordplay, it wouldn't be unthinkable to see the D&D world of Fox the Wanderer being just another dimension in the multiverse of sennadar. It's where you start to mix SciFi with fantasy verses, both with a well described and detailed understanding of how the world works, that I have problems. If the author has to go,"well I know they said it works this way and this way, but I want physics to work like this and magic to look like this," that you get a mush that equals neither universe. Sometimes it is done well, but most of the time poorly.
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

In the worldview of Sennadar a universe with no magic of any kind is farther from the god of gods then one with ultimate magics. I would think it would be difficult to open a door from a magic universe to a nonmagic one but Terren did it and because he was a god himself he could bring magic to that world. The weave did not exist in that non-magical world. I'm not sure how the other magics could work there or whether the gods of the Imperium universe would allow a magic loving god to rule. Without the weave there can be very little magic but even in the Imperium universe there seems to be hints of some magic.
MartinK
Da'Shar

Post by MartinK »

lapland wrote:In the worldview of Sennadar a universe with no magic of any kind is farther from the god of gods then one with ultimate magics. I would think it would be difficult to open a door from a magic universe to a nonmagic one but Terren did it and because he was a god himself he could bring magic to that world. The weave did not exist in that non-magical world. I'm not sure how the other magics could work there or whether the gods of the Imperium universe would allow a magic loving god to rule. Without the weave there can be very little magic but even in the Imperium universe there seems to be hints of some magic.
The weave is an artificial construct that only exists on one world.. uh, make that two. It in and of itself neither dictates the strength nor the amount of magical power available, it simply offers up new possible ways to use what is there. None of the other worlds, even if its one of the prime ones other than Sennadar, have it.

The existance of magic is something even the gods can't change. Especially not the younger gods that come into being because of mortal religion and therefore are less bound to their world than the older ones. It is the other way around, the power of a god is dependant on his worshippers and the magic already there. No god can move a universe closer to the core and the god of gods... or further away.

It seems it has been a few years since you last read the Sennadar books.
What does a signature tell us about a person that has a signature significantly longer than the text he posted in his last post?