Kimdori ???

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Kimdori ???

Post by kyli »

Kimdori are shape-shifters. We've heard about some races that aren't carbon-based. One of the Alliance races aren't carbon-based I think and one of the races in the RK sector. I'm wordering if the kimdori can shape-shift into these races.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
MartinK
Da'Shar

Re: Kimdori ???

Post by MartinK »

Any reason they shouldn't be able to do so?
What does a signature tell us about a person that has a signature significantly longer than the text he posted in his last post?
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Kimdori are carbon-based which means the way I understand it is that they would have to remake their bodies on an atomic scale in order to shape-shift into non-carbon-based race. It's complicated and maybe I just don't understand it or maybe I'm making it more complicated than it has to be. :?
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
PhilippeO
Novice

Post by PhilippeO »

There mentioned that Kimdori could duplicate clothes (or appearance of clothes). So i think Kimdori could easily duplicate Stevak or Druvom appearance. But can they duplicate the body good enough to fool cursory scan ? Scanner that can detect Silicon in body chemistry should be easy enough to make. Could Kimdori just eat silicon (or eat Stevak) and manage to duplicate it good enough to fool scanner ?

For that matter, its curious that Kimdori managed to duplicate Faey. since Kimdori refuse to open their mind and heavily shielded it, any good Faey telepath would recognize heavy shielding that Kimdori use. Faey shield should be weak enough to allow receiving of sending, while Kimdori have more excessive mind shield. Jason says its Kimdori paranoia about secret that prevent Miaari to receive his send, not actual physical difference like Kizzik, so Kimdori mimicking Faey will still have excessive heavy mind shield. And how about Terran ? Kimdori try mimicking them would have to drop mind-shield, because this race is known to have open mind and no telepathy.
MartinK
Da'Shar

Post by MartinK »

The Kimdori can change into some sort of space flying creature, was there anything more than just the name about that? Can a carbon based life form even exist in the dead of space for a useful amount of time without dying?
What does a signature tell us about a person that has a signature significantly longer than the text he posted in his last post?
MartinK
Da'Shar

Post by MartinK »

PhilippeO wrote:For that matter, its curious that Kimdori managed to duplicate Faey. since Kimdori refuse to open their mind and heavily shielded it, any good Faey telepath would recognize heavy shielding that Kimdori use. Faey shield should be weak enough to allow receiving of sending, while Kimdori have more excessive mind shield. Jason says its Kimdori paranoia about secret that prevent Miaari to receive his send, not actual physical difference like Kizzik, so Kimdori mimicking Faey will still have excessive heavy mind shield. And how about Terran ? Kimdori try mimicking them would have to drop mind-shield, because this race is known to have open mind and no telepathy.
As a Kimdori duplicating a Faey... or duplicating just about any race thats not completely imune to telepathy really, they would have to be able to put up a front which should be deep enough to convince potential telepaths. If they weren't able to do at least that much they wouldn't be any good at spying at all. Image you could detect them just by having a telepath trying to read them and failing - every race with access to telepathy will use it if only to protect from other telepaths. Catching shapeshifters would be just a bonus without any investment needed.