Human Bacteria Colonies

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Human Bacteria Colonies

Post by Greymist »

So I read an interesting article today, below, about humans being colonized by bacteria, and the benefits it has, also about how we've been washing off these bacteria in the name of cleanliness.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/25/magaz ... .html?_r=1

And the reason I mention it in this forum, is the species mentioned in Subjugation who had a symbiotic relationship with the bacteria in their homeworld.
Rabblerouser
Novice

Re: Human Bacteria Colonies

Post by Rabblerouser »

And what about those humans who are born off planet? While Rann is only half human what about any full blooded humans born on a non human planet? Karis has some Earth fauna and flora but Draconis and the other planets of the Imperium aren't mentioned having any on a large scale to my knowledge.

That said the Fey/human compatibility means that some of those microbes can probably help both species. Perhaps some of the Earth ones came from the Karinnes?
The Thing
Initiate

Re: Human Bacteria Colonies

Post by The Thing »

Greymist wrote: And the reason I mention it in this forum, is the species mentioned in Subjugation who had a symbiotic relationship with the bacteria in their homeworld.
Oh well.., here goes nothing !!

Was going through youtube, and came across a video which reminded me of this topic. If we are talking about bacterial colony in human, then this is also relevant.

!! Warning !! NSFW :shock:

THIS THING MIGHT GROSS YOU OUT, PLEASE PROCEED UNDER YOUR OWN VOLITION

Although it is technically science, you might not like it and if you don't, please don't blame me. :|

DO NOT eat food while watching this !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dim7YXYlRm0
Disclaimer: I have no F'in idea if the technical mumbo jumbo I spew on here is even logically right or possible. Read at your own caution.