Apparent title of the next story

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions about the Spirit Walker and Shadow Walker stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
SYED
Child of Niami

Apparent title of the next story

Post by SYED »

In a post made by Fel, the next walker book will be "[b]Walker of the Path[/b]", which will be started once he has finished "Inception", his newest installment of the Subjugation series. It will be apparently his darkest story, so I guess that means the hero will go wild with the whole becoming the monster shaman that all humanity fears.
I am betting everywhere that arcan suffered, will be burned to the ground. THe fighting pits, racing, breeding, abattoirs, kennels and anyhting involving the arcan trade will be destroyed and ruined. It will need to be big and epic, so say the capital and the major cities of man, will be receiving visits from him. THe southern kingdoms are the biggest threats due to sheer size, if he can cause damage and chaos here, then when the north turns on each other they will have more to damage. I see him breaking into the military barracks and warehouses and stealing their black crsytal weaponry, and using it against them. SOme destroy all organic material, that could cause chaos in cities.
If he dumps stuff in the shadow realm, it is stuck there, so perfect place to leave stuff for his fellow shadow arcan to collect for Danna's army.

with most armies fighting over the mines, their homes will only be lightly defended, so there could be a repeat of the arcan liberation march. once it reaches a certain size, unless they have a lot of alchemy weapons and men, then no human force can stop them. fortifications might, but the arcans are climbers, so they potentially could scale walls during the night and attack. kyvern will force the down fall of the human kingdoms, targeting supplies and infrastructure, speeding the crash up full throttle.

http://forums.sennadar.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2097
here is a link to an ideas thread about this new story made early.
.S.A.M.K.M
diwafiven
Talent

Re: Apparent title of the next story

Post by diwafiven »

I must admit I am going a little nutty waiting for the new book. The Kael Chronicles and the Spirit Walker series have managed to be the best of the genre I have read; even with the typos and such.
Catgodify
Novice

Post by Catgodify »

I have to say that i look forward to see how dark the story is going to be.
I mean it could just be horrible things on paper or something dark consuming that affect the readers mood.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

So now it seem from on of FEL's post, the next chapter to be posted with be the first chapter of "Walker of the Path". I am very excited, there just so many possibilities.
It will be very exciting, much of the arcan army is now dug in defending and holding the Crystal mines, while the human armies are marching and fighting to take them for their own kingdom. CUrrently, there is the northern alliance, and the 2 southern alliances. Also, the loreguard forces that escaped from the city out trying to find safety.
The arcan force while huge, is not the size of the combined human forces. While they have limited weapons for the soldiers, the shadow arcans did steal allot of siege weaponry, so with their defences and fortifications they would be able to hold out any attack. THey do have superior non alchemical weaponry, which they need only produce and send to their forward forces. The shadow arcans with the army does mean they could steal their enemies weaponry, if they concentrate on the siege weaponry, they would force them to commit their men to fight and die. As well as the fact, they plans to destroy the mines if they need to fall back.
Kyvern is planning to take advantage o the armies occupied with the mines, he plans on starting a general arcan rebelllion to tear down the society of Noram so that it can be rebuilt without slavery. One of the few places that wont be decimated is carrin, due to the relationship/deal they have with the king.

THose humans that have left teh arcan army, are they rich enough to never work again, or would they attempt to find a new position? I can see kyvern giving them a reference and recommendation to work for the king of carin. Not only a skilled well armed and mounted troop of men, they would have lots of intellogence about the arcan force. We know there is a crystal shortage, and weapons will be in great demand, so could some of the trading in carrin, will be them getting guns and cannons. they might not be alchemical weapons, but they would be ver useful, as the crystals are depleated, it would be a huge advantage for his forces over the other human nations. While the armies are fighting over the mines, he can secure and possibly expand his borders. So by the time the fighting end, the kingdom is the dominant force of the region.

There are around 12 kingdoms currently, but there are a few fallen kingdoms right. I wwonder if their crown jewels, and other treasures still exist. What would happen if the national treasures of norram suddenly were taken by kyvern. That would be a huge statement to the world, and powerful barginning chip.
.S.A.M.K.M
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

SYED wrote: There are around 12 kingdoms currently, but there are a few fallen kingdoms right. I wwonder if their crown jewels, and other treasures still exist. What would happen if the national treasures of norram suddenly were taken by kyvern. That would be a huge statement to the world, and powerful barginning chip.
Kyvin doesn't intend to bargin with the kings. He wants the arcans to take their freedom by force.

Also Fel posted on Twitter that he intends to write some more of fox and the hawk before he moves on to Walker of the Path.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

The only king he could potnetially bargin with is the king of carrin as they have already done business. I meant for the other kings he could rob them. It would be a huge public sign that they are just as vulnerable to him as any one. The loss of hteir national treasures would be a huge blow against them. I love the idea that tehy have stolen the crown jewels of a country, i find it very entertaining.

I made my first post that this story was next, before i read the newest fel post.
.S.A.M.K.M
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

I would think Kyven would be far more likely to kidnap the kings than steal their jewels (unless of course those jewels are themselves powerful alchemical items, which does not seem unlikely). Seems like that would throw far more confusion into the ranks if the people in charge start disappearing (possibly without even explanation), and if done right of course Kyven could then impersonate that king to perform some specific action.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

The royal jewels can be traded to allies and other parties. It is a big diplomatic statement if a country cant protect their national treasures, and it is a matter of prestige if you gain others for your self. Killing royalty is a possibility, but the heir just takes over eventually, unless you wipe out a bloodline. It seems like kyvern would not want to mess with the contries leadership just yet, to ensure they wil sent their forces to fight, new leadership would potentially draw back thier forces. Also, assasinationg royalty sets a bad precedent for future relations.
It is one thing to steal their weapons, they can always make more, but treasure like the royal jewels are not so replaceable. Those countries would be eager to regain them so better able to maintain their image. THey would be awesome trophies.
.S.A.M.K.M
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

The royal jewels can be traded to allies and other parties. It is a big diplomatic statement if a country cant protect their national treasures, and it is a matter of prestige if you gain others for your self. Killing royalty is a possibility, but the heir just takes over eventually, unless you wipe out a bloodline. It seems like kyvern would not want to mess with the contries leadership just yet, to ensure they wil sent their forces to fight, new leadership would potentially draw back thier forces. Also, assasinationg royalty sets a bad precedent for future relations.
It is one thing to steal their weapons, they can always make more, but treasure like the royal jewels are not so replaceable. Those countries would be eager to regain them so better able to maintain their image. THey would be awesome trophies.
.S.A.M.K.M
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

It is an even bigger problem if a country can't protect its rulers. And if Kyven were to get serious about it I just don't see that the kingdoms have any way to do that, beyond perhaps dispersing so that he can't get many at one time.

The problem with wanting to start relations is that I just don't see the humans especially interested in that, at least for a human generation or three.

Stealing the crown jewels is not the sort of action that would cause humanity to curse Kyven's memory for all time. Assassinating most of the human leaders of Noram on the other hand ... Making a power vacuum at the top would also make it far more difficult for a country to respond to an arcan uprising away from the centers of power, even more so if most of the armies have been lured off to fight over the dwindling crystal mines.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

Why not hold the royal families as insurance and ransome, to ensure all arcan slaves are sent to haven. Even if they dont agree tehn, simply keep on taking hteir leaderships until they do.
.S.A.M.K.M
calista241
Katzh-dashi

Post by calista241 »

Whatever happens i can't wait for this to get started.
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

Well, I think we're going to have to. (wait that is) ;)
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

I think we have to wait till after another fox and hawk chapter, then the new walker story will start.
WHile he and his team needs to bring down the nations of noram, he needs to first ensure that their armies slug it out until they have nothing left. As in the end, what is left over, will be what haven faces. Best solution is to harm the nations in such a way they must devote all their resources into the war if they wish to survive, ensuring they will battle the others till the end.
The defending arcan army might need to fight that much, they would fight to at least temporarily hold the mines, then collapse them and retreat. THey would then go and hold the access to their lands beyond the mountains. THe human forces would be forced to fight each other for the mines even with them collapsed, as the is still the chance there are some crystals remaining. SO while the armies fight over the free territories, the arcans can simply sit back and watch.
At the very least kyvern must disrupt efforts to unite the human forces to march against the arcan.
.S.A.M.K.M
krashtu
Novice

Post by krashtu »

Path Walker :?: