Update with the stars.

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Fel
Weavespinner

Update with the stars.

Post by Fel »

I'm hoping to get the next chapter done by Saturday. I've had a ton of messy IRL issues pop up the last couple of weeks, from a dying car to a complete home wireless network freak-out that took me a while to figure out and fix.

Just be warned: I'm taking a couple of weeks off from writing after I finish this chapter. This is pure "vacation" time where I won't even be doing any research. I've had a pretty rough month or two and I need time away from anything even remotely seeming to be responsibility, even if I enjoy doing it.

Yes there's a "slight" chance that this need for some downtime might just HAPPEN to coincide with the release of the new pokemon X/Y games, but I'll never admit it.

Never. Nuh uh. Never never ever ever never ever.

This will be the last chapter of Earth Bond I do for now. After my *ahem* vacation, I'm 90% sure that I'll start work on Inception.

Inception won't be terribly long as subjugation arcs go, probably around 5 or 6 chapters.

After inception, who knows?
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Blacktiger
Da'Shar

Re: Update with the stars.

Post by Blacktiger »

Thats cool Fel, you do relax and train your monsters >grin<
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

You could use it as inspiration about a new story, all about magical monsters with fantasical elemental powers.
.S.A.M.K.M
schunn99
Initiate

Post by schunn99 »

I think i hear Path of the Walker calling your muse to be written after Inception.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Arrgggh, I also need a vacation, it has been a rough few months struggling with money when everything starts breaking down. The last time I did anything to the house was 14 years ago and then everything starts to break. I had a good 14 years I must say except for the occasional repairs for the washer and dryer.

I can understand how Fel feels. I was pulling my hair when the oven totally short circuit and died. Wife has been grumbling about no oven for the last 4 weeks. Life. :cry:
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
ramouton
Sorcerer

Post by ramouton »

Fel I would like to remind you of something I am pretty sure that you forgot when writing the 2nd -> 5th books of the subjugation series, something that I believe may yet be nice to incorporate into the series, in book 1 in chapter 10 Tim has an idea regarding MPACs and their magnetic envelope and how that could be exploited to create effective lo-tech shields against MPACs.

Just a thought...

Fyi if you search the book for the phrase "magnetic envelope" all the entries appear to be related to what I just mentioned...

Btw. Can hardly wait for Inception. :D
TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Post by TLGG »

I think that it's in the third book, Jason thinks about how they've been unable to get that magnetic shield to work properly. I think the envelopes were too delicate and the MPAC blew anyway or something or the other. It isn't forgotten, just item a million in the Myleena to-do list
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

WHat with his deal to share the consortium weapon and armor tech? He should attempt to master the syndicate and alternate ftl tech, so keep a strategic advantage. Part of his efforts should be focused on defeating his own indiction fields, so know what weaknesses he has to over come.
Say he builds a stargate in the moon base, even with the doors closed, he could move people into it secretly.
.S.A.M.K.M
anim8ed
Talent

Post by anim8ed »

Enjoy the Vacation. Go out and recharge that energy needed to keep you healthy and sane.
Post contains 100% recycled electrons
No electrons were harmed during the creation of this post.
TheFanatics
Initiate

Post by TheFanatics »

Seriously, Fel, enjoy the vacation, everyone needs one now and again.
ramouton
Sorcerer

Post by ramouton »

Defintely Fel, go recharge your fuel cells. Burn out is not pretty and takes a while to recover from...

Btw. TLGG. I just finished re-reading book 3 Unification and I can definitively say no mention of shields against MPACs was mentioned even in passing, will be checking books 4 and 5 as I re-read them starting in a few minutes.

Fel. Enjoy your vacation, and take at least a day to completely unplug, it is amazing how freeing that is.
ramouton
Sorcerer

Post by ramouton »

Anti MPAC shields not mentioned in book 4. Will re-read and check book 5 starting in a couple of minutes.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

5 more days to saturday. Unless it is the wrong saturday. :)
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Mizriath wrote:5 more days to saturday. Unless it is the wrong saturday. :)
I was assuming he meant the 12th.. but he didn't say which Saturday.. he must have got Pokemon early....... ...... ...... ....
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Good onya mate! Recharge the batteries and kick back for a bit! Plus we know how those few chapters magically expand ;)