Earth Bond, chapter 9 discussion [Spoilers]

Discussions all around the Earth Bond/Kell the dragon story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

expedient
Mi'Shara

Earth Bond, chapter 9 discussion [Spoilers]

Post by expedient »

I have this image in my head of a bunch of fire dragons scrambling over the stands in LA cheering on their team. Just imagine how intimidated any opposition would be. Talk about a partisan crowd :D
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Re: Earth Bond, chapter 9 discussion [Spoilers]

Post by GBLW »

expedient wrote:I have this image in my head of a bunch of fire dragons scrambling over the stands in LA cheering on their team. Just imagine how intimidated any opposition would be. Talk about a partisan crowd :D
Actually, I was thinking of the team hiring one as a mascot :twisted:
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
Javna
Katzh-dashi

Post by Javna »

expedient wrote:I have this image in my head of a bunch of fire dragons scrambling over the stands in LA cheering on their team. Just imagine how intimidated any opposition would be. Talk about a partisan crowd :D
When i read the new chapter i had the same idea that the fire dragons was going to join the people cheering on there team one day
There's a fine line between genius and madness.
Me I crossed the line long ago
konman
Da'Shar

Post by konman »

If the Fire Dragons are getting a bit stir crazy they can always senn a few NFL players out to visit. Would be a great way of getting the Fire Dragons to learn english.

On another point.
I sense a budding Romance forming between Kell & Kammi.
Everyone has A photographic memory.
Some just don't have any film!
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

konman wrote:On another point.
I sense a budding Romance forming between Kell & Kammi.
Fel stories always have a love interest.... and it is shown early in most of his stories. Earth Bond is already starting to be different where the love interest is not so clear. Kammi seems pretty obvious by the words in the story

"Kammi. He’d found himself glancing over at her from time to time. She was an obnoxious little thing, cheeky and irritating, but she’d always been a good friend of his, a drake mature enough to discuss the intricacies of doing a Linux install but still young enough to play like a hatchling. But…she was, well, growing on him. He couldn’t quite explain it. He’d gotten so used to her being around, it was weird when she wasn’t. She’d always been a good friend, but he’d never…missed her before."

I am more interested in the magic that Kell is going to obtain and who will teach him the magic lessons. Learning it together with Jenny from Hinado? Or from that spirit, the higher ups, mother earth, eh.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

Magica ;items can replicate any cast magic, I wonder if this extends to dragon natures. SO immunity to water, fire, air, earth and energy can be given to the holder. A bubble head that helps with sea pressure and diving. A buble to help breathing.
Imagine a talisman that makes a person immune to bullets, so it would become practise to some how get talismans to stop assasins, and assasins targeting the talisman first. A talisman that give immunity to fire, would allow firefighters who can walk through flames.
SAy two mirros are linked together so they each shows what the other sees and hears.
A hider didnt turn and ED dragom in to a human, it did turn an ED drake into an ED humanoid. SO I really dont think its possible for a human to change to a dragon form.
.S.A.M.K.M
Mark_Reed
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mark_Reed »

It seems to me that the (partial) migration of the Fire Dragons has given away the location of the Island.

While Fire Dragons don't seem to be stupid, they have allowed themselves to become mentally lax and are preoccupied with other things. What are the chances that their flight to Hawaii was a straight-line course? They had a long flight, and I doubt they wanted to make it even longer by making course changes. Plus, any AWACS that happened to be nearby could have picked them up in flight. Given that the humans knew they were coming, a sharp navy or air force commander (who might have been told so that they did not fire on the dragons as they passed nearby US military resources) could have "just happened" to have put one up for recon while the dragons were flying by. Even if they didn't, the ground based radar should have picked them up since they don't have the magic that air dragons do. It would be a simple exercise to backtrack course and speed to vastly narrow the possible area that the Island is in.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

SD can mess with senses, while WD can alter sonar to hide themselves. The FD were likly seen by satelites since they left the island or could be back tracked.
THe general region of the island is now going to be inundated with ships. There are two things left to leak, the magic guide and the language.
.S.A.M.K.M
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Minor point: At some point the Fire Dragons are going to have to be told to NOT use the word 'tribute'. Due to american history, it is an extremely an extremely 'dishonourable' term, and could cause a lot of problems if they're careless with it. 'Gift' woudl be much more convenient. This would no doubt confuse the Firedragons, but they'd no doubt go along with it.

And they didn't even check the satcom for bugs and hidden traps? I'm shocked. Shocked and apalled.Not that it matters too much, the NRO has almost certainly moved one of their satellites to sit above the Pacific ocean to trace exactly where the uplink signal is coming from.If they're using non-GSO satellites, then signal strength will also give them very precise locations. I assume the US either knows or will know very soon exactly where dragon island is.
I is an certified nut
Javna
Katzh-dashi

Post by Javna »

ANTIcarrot wrote: I assume the US either knows or will know very soon exactly where dragon island is.
If not the US, u will have every other country will try figure out were it is. Im guessing that it will be the new crisis like the Cuban one. The other country's demand to get access to the dragons on US soil .... oooo the trouble awaiting around the corner.
There's a fine line between genius and madness.
Me I crossed the line long ago