CCNA Anyone?

J-Man5
Mi'Shara

CCNA Anyone?

Post by J-Man5 »

Fel,

Can we call you certified yet?  How'd the CCNA go?

J-Man5
Fel
Weavespinner

Re: CCNA Anyone?

Post by Fel »

It didn't.

842.  Passing is 849.  I failed by 7 points.  :(

I take it again in 3 weeks.  The only problem is, from now on it costs me $125 every time I take it, and that's quite simply money I really don't have.  I figure I can scrape the money together to try maybe twice more.  If I can't pass on the third try, that's it.  2 years of school basicly thrown away.

Excuse my negativity, but I've had a very bad day, and words cannot possibly describe my disgust at having failed by only 7 points.

So I'm going to bed.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

You know, that truly blows.  I guess 7 isn't a lucky number for you anymore.  Here's to hoping that you pass on the next one, with dozens of points to spare.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Fel,

Don't feel too bad.  Took me two tests to get past the CCNA also.  But I had to pay for both of mine.   ;)  

I also understand that most of the Cisco exams are that way.  All the way up to the coveted CCIE.  Most professionals view the first one as a learner and the second as the real thing.  

Sorry your bummed.  You do better next time.  

Sincerely,

J-Man5
canisd
Weavespinner

Post by canisd »

I know somewhat how you feel.  I took the test for a paliminary teacher licence here in MA and missed the pass for one section of it by four points (Its not quite the same scale as its out of 100 points but...)
D'ni botsahv prehniv

The ending has not yet been written
MattD

Post by MattD »

I have a feeling that the next chapter will be one of those "Tarrin flies into a rage, killing everything in sight that seems even vaguely annoying" chapters...  ;)

Although I won't expect to see said chapter for three weeks.  You'll get it next time -- you'd probably pass it if you took it again tomorrow, just because you know what to expect a bit better.  Sample tests are never quite the same as the real thing.

matt
negativecow
Initiate

Post by negativecow »

Ive hurd that you prefrom 25 % worse on a test then you do in a nomarl situation , wich is under standable its not like during a normal situation you have to rapedly answer several questions in a row in a writen from

well at least thats what i hurd
pets: just in case we run out of food
Uncle_Rand
Initiate

Post by Uncle_Rand »

Hey Fel, sorry to hear about your test, but I was wondering something. Do you verify your wrong answers are actually wrong? I had a buddy that failed one of his finals and later discovered(on his own) that he actually passed the test but it was misgraded.

Uncle Rand
Ashish Oliver

Post by Ashish Oliver »

Hi Fel,

Well Sorry to hear about your CCNA. It happened to me when i went for my Sun JAVA certification  :( and it really pissed me off.

I did get thru my CCNA in my first attempt though and it was a breeeze .. ( No i am not attributing it to my genius mind). After my failure in the JAVA exam i started searching the net for all sample as well as questions that people may have answered and let me tell you there are a lot of questions out there. The versions of the test have changed and also the questions but what you learn is the trick in understanding what the questions wants as its answer. I also tired the BOSON CCNA simulator which really helped me to understand the questions. One of the things i observed thru these tests are that you may know the answer but are unable to understand the subtle wording of the question. I should be having some of the CCNA material that i used for my practice somewhere. In case you are interested ping me .

Cheers

Ashish
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

ashish wrote:Hi Fel,

Well Sorry to hear about your CCNA. It happened to me when i went for my Sun JAVA certification :( and it really pissed me off.

I did get thru my CCNA in my first attempt though and it was a breeeze .. ( No i am not attributing it to my genius mind). After my failure in the JAVA exam i started searching the net for all sample as well as questions that people may have answered and let me tell you there are a lot of questions out there. The versions of the test have changed and also the questions but what you learn is the trick in understanding what the questions wants as its answer. I also tired the BOSON CCNA simulator which really helped me to understand the questions. One of the things i observed thru these tests are that you may know the answer but are unable to understand the subtle wording of the question. I should be having some of the CCNA material that i used for my practice somewhere. In case you are interested ping me .

Cheers

Ashish

That was a very nice, helpful post.  

Fel honey: As they say in England,

"Keep your pecker up!"  (It means keep your chin up).

MD
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

mommydoom wrote:"Keep your pecker up!" (It means keep your chin up).

MD
Not in America it doesn't. LOL
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

mommydoom wrote:"Keep your pecker up!"
I don't suppose you mean "Keep your pukka up"?
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

spec8472 wrote:
I don't suppose you mean "Keep your pukka up"?

Well, I don't THINK so... I'll check with my mother-in-law.

MD
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
Sancria
Da'Shar

Post by Sancria »

Uhm. not to be a total dweeb but what's a CCNA?
I'd gladly travel back in time, except I would have to wait longer for the next chapter of Fel's work...sorry, pass.
locolobo1999
Novice

Post by locolobo1999 »

Cisco Certified network Administrator ;D
Death is lighter than a feather and duty is heavier than a mountian.