Detour to Otherwhen - chapter 4

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

GBLW
Mi'Shara

Detour to Otherwhen - chapter 4

Post by GBLW »

This note is just to let people know a little about the 'back-story' behind this tale.

The project was started as an exercise between four 'old time' science fiction writers and was originally titled 'Detour to Yesteryear.' Each of us was to do a story about an area we knew well and could describe thoroughly, but we were to twist at least one major scientific fact in our story, in this instance our subject was 'time travel.'

Unfortunately the other three writers have either passed on or are now unable to write, however I'm still able to write and I'm too darn stubborn to just let the tale drop. Now, I not only know the area I am discussing in the story, but I also did hundreds of hours of research into related facts and wasn't willing to give up the project without having others read it. For instance I've had discussions with archeologist, anthropologists, astronomers, carpenters, machinists, mechanics, and so on - as well as using the internet, then have used selected information from all those sources in the story.

I've also spoken to natives, getting their views and their history from them, and have carefully kept recent actual native history as near to the truth as possible -- and reported it as close to their point of view as possible. However, I HAVE NOT used any native stories and legends in my tale other than brief mentions of 'The Raven' and 'The Coyote' who seem to be pervasive throughout all natives on the North American continent and even mentions of those two are minimal. Just out of interest, I have used native spelling of tribal names and titles where possible - and definitely not the spelling used by Wikipedia {ie. the Peigan are referred to as the Piegan in Wikipedia}

Of course in the story, what happens after the evening of June 2nd, 2003 is subject to a major change in some of the rules.

K Pelle
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/