Lost Girl - TV Show

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Sancria
Da'Shar

Lost Girl - TV Show

Post by Sancria »

So I just watched the first episode of Lost Girl from Showcase. Hmm...lots of potential and not bad. Some good one liners too.

I give it a 8/10. Could be better (special effect wise at least) but the writing is actually pretty good. :)
I'd gladly travel back in time, except I would have to wait longer for the next chapter of Fel's work...sorry, pass.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Re: Lost Girl

Post by dellstart »

Sancria wrote:So I just watched the first episode of Lost Girl from Showcase. Hmm...lots of potential and not bad. Some good one liners too.

I give it a 8/10. Could be better (special effect wise at least) but the writing is actually pretty good. :)
clue us in whats it about, cause i have no idea lol
Sancria
Da'Shar

Post by Sancria »

Oh sorry, I forget sometimes how spread out we are geographically :)

Lost Girl is about a girl (go figure) who was lost (duh) as a child and is now trying to find out about her past.

The thing is, she's a Fae. That's right, FAERIE. The Fae are divided between light and dark, and there are all sorts of politics involved apparently. Our amazing heroine instead of being a simple oh...were wolf, or maybe even a brownie, is instead, a succubus. That's right, as in, she sucks so hard, your soul goes poof.

Needless to say, she's hot. The male interest is someone I've never seen, but he pulls off the primal Faerie warrior thing pretty well. Lots of possible plot threads to be exploited, and amazingly the writing is pretty damn good. Production values aren't the highest I've ever seen, but then this is Showcase, not HBO, so you have to cut them some slack. That having been said, because the show can't rely on flashy digital effects, the writing has to pick up the slack. There's a sidekick, she's kinda cute, a bit goth, a little emoish, but very mouthy and sassy, like teenagers tend to be nowadays.

I apparently missed the first 3 episodes to school work, but I did manage to find the torrents for them, so I know they are out there. in any case, worth the bandwidth to download them.
I'd gladly travel back in time, except I would have to wait longer for the next chapter of Fel's work...sorry, pass.
gesit
Sui'Kun

Post by gesit »

you can find the torrents on demonoid ;=))
have fun

ham
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

I just caught up on this show. Very interesting indeed. The lack of crazy special effects makes it seem less like an alternate universe, and more like something that might happen right under our noses. The basic types of Fae seem to be executed within traditional bounds but they don't just focus on the popular types that everyone and their little sister knows about. I'm still trying to identify the type of a couple characters.

For only having three episodes to judge, I definitely like this show and plan to continue watching!
-DM
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

Ok... I was able to find the first episode and watch it. Now, how does a Texan get to watch it?
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.