New Zealand Earthquake

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Ledsmith
Sorcerer

New Zealand Earthquake

Post by Ledsmith »

Just heard about the 7.4 in New Zealand. I know some of you are from NZ and I hope everybody there is ok.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Re: New Zealand Earthquake

Post by dellstart »

Ledsmith wrote:Just heard about the 7.4 in New Zealand. I know some of you are from NZ and I hope everybody there is ok.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: shit . dittos the above
Stephen
Talent

Post by Stephen »

So far only two serious injuries reported but lots of road damage and lots of buildings have to be checked.
arargh
Katzh-dashi

Post by arargh »

GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

I happened to notice this discussion, and just out of interest I thought I should mention that my cousin, Wayne, who lives only a few miles from Christchurch NZ. got through to me on his cell phone less than an hour ago. His family is fine, so since he called I've been busy calling other family members here in Canada to let them know he and his family are okay, just shook up.

They have no power and the land-line phone is out, and on top of that he just got service back on his cell a few moments before calling me. He and his family live on a small farm(?) of some sort - they lost the chimney of their house and most of the plates and dishes in the kitchen - as well as windows and other breakable items in the house, cracked plaster and jammed doors, etc. One of their sheep barns lost a wall and that killed a few lambs. Surprisingly he says he doesn't know where the water has gone, but the brook just down the road from where they live has quit running.

Wayne also mentioned that they were warned -- the two farm dogs went completely crazy, barking and howling like mad about two or three moments before the first quake hit.
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/