From the ashes, arise!

Fel
Weavespinner

From the ashes, arise!

Post by Fel »

So, things are settling down. I'm getting comfortable in school, I'm settling into a new job, and the family personal issues I had have resolved themselves.

Yeah, it was THAT crazy.

I'll be picking up writing again as soon as I get my mother, who went to Florida, to email me my copy of the next chapter of Shadow Walker. I'd started working on it before the chaos on my laptop, forgot to copy it to my flash drive, and now it's on my laptop which I allowed her to borrow for her trip.

If I can't get it back from her, I'm going to hold off on working on Shadow until I get it back. There's 9 pages already written in that chapter, and no way am I trying to rewrite that much. I may instead write a short story about dragons in the modern world...from a dragon's point of view.

Imagine waking up after 400 years of torpor to face the modern world. Yeah, I'd be lost too, if I didn't have a loyal pack of werewolves to get me up to speed. Oh, and you're the Elder Dragon, the leader of the dragons, and it's your job to prepare the modern world for the return of magic.

That's why he's paid the big bucks....
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Mac The Knife
Sorcerer

Re: From the ashes, arise!

Post by Mac The Knife »

Good to hear,,, and that does sound like an interesting read. Good luck with the new job.
www.gearrings.weebly.com
gesit
Sui'Kun

Post by gesit »

sound s'well m8
please do that!!
thanks

ham
deane
Sorcerer

Post by deane »

WOW that sounds awesome fel :-)
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

deane wrote:WOW that sounds awesome fel :-)
yes, second the thought
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

YOU GOTTA DO IT!!!!!

It sounds awesome! I've read others that were similar but by lesser authors and even they kept my attention for a while. Such an exploit by Fel would be legendary!

-DigitalMaestro
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

Great to hear your life is getting back to normal Fel.

About the new story, make it a long one :) Short stories always make me sad, too little of a good thing (in your case, too little of a great thing).

But as always, write it, we will be here to read it, thank you for it and beg for more.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

As usual, an absolutely awesome idea, Fel.

If I had half your talent and imagination, I'd be rich.

Or at least have some sort of writing talent.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
kanifeli
Novice

Post by kanifeli »

Fel i like the idea but the intro looks like something good for a long run not a short story... Well maybe a short story as a prologue to something else in the future...
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Hey Fel,

Glad that your life is return to some semblance of normalcy. And settling down to write again.... awesome.

It is one of those things that kept me sane especially in the turmoil that still grips this world. The company I am working in was recently bought out by new investors and it cause numerous problems and morale problems. Worse, there are cultural differences, like humans trying to fit in with the Faey. We guys speak directly on issues while they seems to have other agendas and taboos... ugh. Well hopefully things will really settle down by next year.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
fiddler2068
Talent

Post by fiddler2068 »

I hope them dragons can shapechange. It would be bad for race relations to have one get shot by an anti-air missile... :shock:

fiddler
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

fiddler2068 wrote:I hope them dragons can shapechange. It would be bad for race relations to have one get shot by an anti-air missile... :shock:
Or from the other point of view, consider the absolute fastest animal today (and possibly ever) is the Peregrine Falcon, and it barely tops out at 200mph. Dragons are probably slower. So you have a dragon minding its own business, flying through the air, ruler of all it surveys, wondering where that strange smell of burning is coming from ... and then a 747 screams past in a near miss at ten times it's speed. That might well be a brown trouser moment for the dragon in question, and of course for anyone unfortunate enough to be standing below them at the time.

And if it wasn't a near miss... Well, that would annoy the humans as much as an AMRAAM would annoy the dragons.
I is an certified nut
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

ANTIcarrot wrote:the absolute fastest animal today (and possibly ever) is the Peregrine Falcon, and it barely tops out at 200mph.
For comparison (I was curious):

Boeing 747-8 has a speed of about Mach 0.855. Mach 1 at 11,000 m (36,000 ft) is 295 m/s (654.6 mph, 1,062 km/h), and at sea level (340.3 m/s, 761.2 mph, 1,225 km/h) 86% of its speed at cruising altitude.
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi