if you haven't seen the new harry potter movie yet

Mistra
Katzh-dashi

if you haven't seen the new harry potter movie yet

Post by Mistra »

don't bother, i'll never get the 10$ and 2 hours of my life back that movie cost me...

it's basically twilight with a harry potter paint-coat
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Re: if you haven't seen the new harry potter movie yet

Post by Metatrone »

I gave up on the movies after the second. I think people who like them are those too lazy to read the book.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Metatrone wrote:I gave up on the movies after the second. I think people who like them are those too lazy to read the book.
I agree to a certain extent the books are much much better, wonder how well they'll follow the last book with it being split into 2 movies.
Niarro
Talent

Post by Niarro »

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the last book - 2 movies thing. The last couple harry potter movies seemed to be really rushed over.. and when my gf got me to watch Twilight after reading the book, every scene felt clipped because they had so much to cram in...

Actually on topic: Going to end up seeing the movie tomorrow, hopefully it's not -that- bad XD (I'm not expecting much though)
"You're a disgrace to Tauren culture," said the shaman Lolhamburger. - Erin
Mistra
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mistra »

don't hope for anything but a bit of snogging... and i suggest you snog your gf instead of watching the bloody movie, it'll probably be a whole lot more fun and you wouldn't have missed any storyline
Downdude
Katzh-dashi

Post by Downdude »

This was the first movie i saw having read the book first. It seemed to maybe cover 1/4 of what was in the book and changed the way somethings actually happened in the book to streamline. I didn't really see what I was missing with the previous 5 movies but I have to say my experience was lowered having read all the books. I did still enjoy seeing it for the visuals but I think this movie was probably the worst book translation. The later books are just so long that too much has to be cut out and what's left doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. I think I would have been pretty lost in this movie without having the book to fill in the gaps. So I would say if you want to see some nice effects and have most of the story missing go see the movie but dont pay full price see the early show. Else wait for the DVD or bluray.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Niarro wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the last book - 2 movies thing. The last couple harry potter movies seemed to be really rushed over.. and when my gf got me to watch Twilight after reading the book, every scene felt clipped because they had so much to cram in...

Actually on topic: Going to end up seeing the movie tomorrow, hopefully it's not -that- bad XD (I'm not expecting much though)

well , yeah not always does the written word translate well on the silver screen .On the whole the movies haven't been anything to write home about, but its interesting to see the directors vision or take on the event of book .So for a lot of the time , its more like oh yeah that's how you portrayed that episode more than being blown away from the amazing artistry.
I read twilight , havent seen the movie , the book was ok , and I like happy ending so yeah, the ending was ok.It was abit contrived and rushed though.