Shadow Walker Chapter 8 (Spoilers)

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions about the Spirit Walker and Shadow Walker stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Re: Shadow Walker Chapter 8 (Spoilers)

Post by lapland »

Why do that, when he could kill them using Arcan claws in a locked room would cause much more fear. He could transport them into a club or other public place after killing them if he really wants to send fear around the land. Fear, confusion, mistrust are all his friends.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

what would be better is if he robbed them. They have records on all alchemiy devices, if take it would expand haven capability, they could make all useful and powerful devices the enemy has, they also have stores of weapons, what if he asked for a bunch of perfect black crystal, stole weapons and then set them off, in the lore gurd and lore masters bases. remember, it only kill, the only secondary damage is how it is used. bullet cause projectile damage while bomb, destroys everything living. If he got the larger weapons he could clense the entire lore guard island. also they have a store house of crystals, that are running out.
.S.A.M.K.M
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

lapland wrote:Why do that, when he could kill them using Arcan claws in a locked room would cause much more fear. He could transport them into a club or other public place after killing them if he really wants to send fear around the land. Fear, confusion, mistrust are all his friends.
I can see the reason behind doing that. Killing with claws while it can be frightening itself, is also something normal. They already know Arcans can do that and the legend of the Black Fox Arcan as well, but just having a guard disappear can have a rather brutal effect itself. Think about it, there is no body to bury, no ravaged corpse to inspire revenge. Did your buddy abbandon you? or did something more sinister happen to him? By doing it that way it could be consturde as just another deserter not the work of a Shaman so the Loreguard/Loremasters wouldn't know right away they are under attack, possible plans had been found out and could let them walk into a trap. This is an aspect of psychological warfare akin to something the that the SAS is rumored to have done in the Falklands Islands war. As the rumor goes the SAS infiltrated the barracks of a Argentine military unit and slit the throat of every other man. Now they could have killed them all and it would have been justified but by doing what they did the survivors got to wake up to a corpse on either side of them. Supposedly that epsisode shattered that unit. The Argentine's had to spend considerable effort to help the survivors since none of them wanted to stay there. Some needed proffessional psychiatric help and it sent a message to every other unit. So if a lot guards just up a disappeared one dark and dreary night think how unsetteled a unit will become. Some will be it was a Shaman, some that they were just a bunch of deserters, since they would have no evidence of what really happened. The rumors will fly from unit to unit, the story getting larger with each retelling. Areas where these events occur will gain a reputation of being haunted and avoided like the one in Chapter 8.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
D.F. Thompson
Sorcerer

Post by D.F. Thompson »

And the Lore Masters and Lore Guard would have no way of countering with either a sniffer or a grounder. Since it is a natural ability and not based on his spirit granted spells or power.
I know that the voices in my head aren't real.
But they do have some damned good ideas. = ~.^ =
furry_wolf2001b
Katzh-dashi

Post by furry_wolf2001b »

Umm, why not use the reason -Don't feed the monsters?-
As for grounder, i dunno, did he not react(from a grounder) when he got captured, or was it his spirit or shaman power backlash or something that happened? :-/
Shaman power is natural, sort of, and monster creatures use em, no idea if grounders work on them tho.
Miss spelling sweed in tha house! ;)
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

"Feeding the monsters" is something drifted through my [idle/empty/thick] head when the shadow creatures made an appearance. The question is, would leaving warm tasty sun-loving treats behind placate their urge to chase Kyven or only encourage them to try harder?

The psychological effect of "disappearing" Loreguard/masters might be just the kind of thing that the Shadow Fox Spirit would appreciate. The ghost-like actions of the Black Fox appearing and disappearing, objects moving or people missing would surely create panic amongst his enemies. Hell just for giggles he could frame someone for a heist or rearrange rooms, tools and records. :P
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

Bet using the shadows would be a great interrogation trick. Grab a High ranking Loremaster and take him through the shadows then say to him/her "tell me what you know or I'll take you back in there and leave you".
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment