Hey Fel, Have you thought of doing a prequel? (spoilers)

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Hey Fel, Have you thought of doing a prequel? (spoilers)

Post by Hearly »

You mentioned long ago that the Faey were moved from earth to Draconis by another species, have you thought about possibly doing a story based on them/that incident?

Or maybe a story where Jason uncovers something that leads him to find this Species that did it?
kal
Katzh-dashi

Re: Hey Fel, Have you thought of doing a prequel? (spoilers)

Post by kal »

hey! thats a good one! do fel DO IT we comand you!
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Hehehe, it certainly does sound like a good idea but for me I am happy with whatever Fel dishes out. All his stuff is simply wonderful. As for commanding, unless you got one of those collars like they used on Tarrin, you're not likely to make much headway :-)
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
kal
Katzh-dashi

Post by kal »

mmmm i bet spec could make one if we asked real nice......
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

I was also thinking maybe the energy beings have some connection to the race that moved the Faey....
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

kal wrote:mmmm i bet spec could make one if we asked real nice......
Make one what?
kal
Katzh-dashi

Post by kal »

afrigeek wrote: one of those collars like they used on Tarrin
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

wicked Idea!!!!!!!!

perhaps he could include this is upcomming chapter as akind of histroical review
Javna
Katzh-dashi

Post by Javna »

Hearly wrote:You mentioned long ago that the Faey were moved from earth to Draconis by another species, have you thought about possibly doing a story based on them/that incident?

Or maybe a story where Jason uncovers something that leads him to find this Species that did it?

First i must have missed that part =) and second that i seen that before in one of the Star Trek episodes, where they find out that and Alien race planted the life in there galaxy some 100 million and change , years ago and that is way they all look alike =)
There's a fine line between genius and madness.
Me I crossed the line long ago
malystryx1500
Talent

Post by malystryx1500 »

Hearly wrote:You mentioned long ago that the Faey were moved from earth to Draconis by another species, have you thought about possibly doing a story based on them/that incident?

I am not sure what the exact ramifications of this information (only Fel, who is god is that particular universe knows) would have on the Faey themselves, but they probably won't be pretty.

You have to remember that a lot of them believe them to be superior to humans (I believe that it is a universal trait among many species that they are the best, mentioned frequently within the Sennadar series). I can easily see outright denial (They believe that Jason is lying, etc), or even a bit of a revolt (probably more of a "out of sight, out of mind" concept; if they can shove it under a rug and forget about it, then they can pretend it no longer exists; which includes any "out and out" reminders of which reminds people of this information. i.e. Jason).

I doubt they are stupid enough to attack him over it (at least directly, and with anything but words and politics), but they will want to wash their hands of it, and forget it ever existed.

Of course, this will not include every Faey, and probably not the majority of them either. I am definitely using a stereotype, and while a good many of them fit the stereotype (most likely nobles, who generally have a superiority complex), a lot of them probably will be apathetic to it. (It is the way o the Faey to be apathetic). Of course, we will see this stereotype because that will be the vocal people. Dissent always creates more remarks and "noise" than agreement.

Again, Jason may keep this information to himself. I believe he is smart enough that many Faey probably not react well to this (Most notably the nobles, who have most of the power in the Imperium), and we know that he can definitely keep a secret. Besides, he may keep this information hidden to be used at a later time to confuse the Faey if necessary to give him a bit of an advantage (or that of a future successor).
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

First for Javna: you didn't actually miss that part since it hasn't been written in any of the Subjugation stories yet. Fel dropped that bomb a while back while us fanatics debate some issues. So unless you went back and read through what I think is the largest single thread of all time on the boards here (I believe it was first in that 28 page thread) you wouldn't know.

Now as to who would know in the Subjugation universe I would have to say the Kimdori know. Maybe not exactly who did the deed but they would almost certainly have to know that the Faey are not from Draconis originally. Always keep in mind that the Kimdori know virtually everything that every other race in the sector knows but no one else knows virtually everything the Kimdori know, not even the Karrines. The Kimdori are the keeper of secrets and are bound by strict oaths they fanatically hold to. We know that the Kimdori have tried to steer the Faey in certain directions and we also know that interferring in the internal affairs of the other races goes against Kimdori ways. These are mutually exclusive points, so the question is why are the Kimdori always interferring in the internal matters of the Faey? Probably because the race that moved the common ancestor between the Faey and Humans have a binding oath with the Kimdori to do it. That is the only way I could see the Kimdori would do what they have done since well before House Karrine even existed.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

boballab wrote: Now as to who would know in the Subjugation universe I would have to say the Kimdori know. Maybe not exactly who did the deed but they would almost certainly have to know that the Faey are not from Draconis originally. Always keep in mind that the Kimdori know virtually everything that every other race in the sector knows but no one else knows virtually everything the Kimdori know, not even the Karrines. The Kimdori are the keeper of secrets and are bound by strict oaths they fanatically hold to. We know that the Kimdori have tried to steer the Faey in certain directions and we also know that interferring in the internal affairs of the other races goes against Kimdori ways. These are mutually exclusive points, so the question is why are the Kimdori always interferring in the internal matters of the Faey? Probably because the race that moved the common ancestor between the Faey and Humans have a binding oath with the Kimdori to do it. That is the only way I could see the Kimdori would do what they have done since well before House Karrine even existed.
I thought Zaa answered the question as to why they interfere with the Faey, which she stated it was to keep them turned inward instead of united and attack all other races.

Not saying there might not be more, or heck maybe the Kimdori were the ones who moved them...
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

Jason has never asked why the Kimdori interfere with the Faey, she was just explaining that they do when Jason went to Zaa for advice.
“I want to help, but I can’t go back on my word, and I really don’t want to arm the Imperium and let them loose. That would be a crime of cataclysmic proportions. But I can’t just let them destroy each other. That’s something I couldn’t live with. I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t. What do I do?”
She just smiled at him. “Every day, I am more certain that we could not have found a better man to place on the seat of Karinne,” she told him with a warm, toothy smile and a pat on his shoulder. “Your compassion is as much a credit to you as your resolve, and your adherence to duty. But this is not a hopeless situation, my friend. The Kimdori have seen the very same thing as Dahnai, who is a clever and capable woman whom I respect. We have had many debates on the matter, and have come to the conclusion that it is impossible to change the Faey. They are an immature, arrogant, violent species. They have their bright spots, but they are also too dangerous to be left unattended. That is why we interact with them. The Kimdori work to keep them under control, to prevent them from boiling forth from their borders and waging war on everyone around them. By keeping them focused inward, it keeps the rest of the galaxy safe from them. It may seem cruel, but understand that as we keep them focused on each other, we also try to mitigate their activities, preventing them from warring with each other, holding a shifting peace within their species. Since the failure we suffered that was the Third Civil War, and the loss of our Karinne cousins, we have debated our methods and have decided to take a more active hand, should this situation rise again.
This quoite comes from Subjugation where Cybi tells Jason about the Kimdori:
[They also are forbidden to insinuate themselves in the affairs of others of their own volition,] the computer told him. [They may interfere if hired by another as part of their own activities, but they cannot take initiative. The Kimdori are watchers, Jason, not meddlers. They meddle when and where it suits them at the behest of the involved races, but they take no direct hand of action, in any matter that is not solely their own.]
Now this quote comes from Insurrection and you can see where the contradiction comes from and what I mean about someone must have contracted the Kimdori to watch over the Faey.
The Kimdori never openly took sides, and only worked for those who paid them…that was how they appeared. But below that was another set of rules, and that was that they tried to keep a lid on things in this sector of the galaxy. The Faey were a powder keg, and the Kimdori worked to keep them from going off, but they did it without actively interfering. They were watchers, observers, trying to keep things peaceful, but also not interfering with other civilizations. The Kimdori couldn’t actively do anything, they had to be asked to do it. Them keeping an eye on things was active, but in this regard, to actually warn Dahnai wouldn’t be allowed.
There it is the Kimdori can’t do anything actively without being asked and watching is active. So that leads back to who asked the Kimdori to watch over the sector and specifically the Faey? Also watching is one thing but actual meddling is another and for the Kimdori to keep the Faey focused on themselves they meddled. Hell everything that the Kimdori did with House Karinne prior to the Generations is a violation of Kimdori strictures because they are actively meddling in the affairs of a Faey noble house. Also remember the Kimdori predate House Karinne. They only have the ties they do because the Kimdori went to the Karinnes because of that bio-agent the Moridons used that would kill off all the Kimdori. Prior to that the Karinnes were just another Faey noble house that was treated just like all the others.
The Kimdori came to the Karinnes in desperation, seeking help to find a cure, for it was well known that Karinne science and their geneticists were among the finest in the galaxy. The Karinnes found a cure for the bioagent and saved the Kimdori race. Since that day, the Kimdori have been the staunchest allies of the House of Karinne.
Kimdori know something but their oaths that they took prior to the Generations would still hold the truth from them. Hell remember their oaths to Kori Karinne kept the truth from Jason even after he knew the truth, they still can’t speak it openly to him.
“You, you still can’t tell me?”
She shook her head. “I wish I could, Jason. Believe me. There is so much here, so much I wish I could tell you. But a Kimdori is her word, and her word is true. The secrets must be maintained. I hope you are not angry.”
Remember a secret unspoken remains a secret, it is the Kimdori way and they would not speak of any secrets they knew prior to the Generations because the secrets must be maintained. The only way they could tell Jason those type of secrets is if the party that holds their oath releases them from them.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

malystryx1500 wrote:I am not sure what the exact ramifications of this information (only Fel, who is god is that particular universe knows) would have on the Faey themselves, but they probably won't be pretty. You have to remember that a lot of them believe them to be superior to humans (I believe that it is a universal trait among many species that they are the best, mentioned frequently within the Sennadar series).
Then the process will have already begun.

The human scientific theory of Evolution By Natural Selection is contradictory to the Faey theory of their origins. They cannot both be right. One group cannot be playing by the rules of science - or is missing a huge slice of the picture. Now we know evolution is true in our world, and that the Faey can be stupid and arrogent. (There's also good evidence they deliberately tried to destroy all inconvenient artifacts of human history and culture.) It will be painfully obvious to any human scientists what happened; and will become an increasingly unavoidable conclusion for Faey scientists as they become familiar with the full length and depth of the terran fossil record, and how they slot into it. Which is probably unlike anything they have on their world.

But even so... Humans are related to chimps, bonobos and gurillas. Since when did that stop us from viewing them as sub human?
I is an certified nut
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

boballab wrote:Jason has never asked why the Kimdori interfere with the Faey, she was just explaining that they do when Jason went to Zaa for advice.
------Cut------
“You, you still can’t tell me?”
She shook her head. “I wish I could, Jason. Believe me. There is so much here, so much I wish I could tell you. But a Kimdori is her word, and her word is true. The secrets must be maintained. I hope you are not angry.”
Remember a secret unspoken remains a secret, it is the Kimdori way and they would not speak of any secrets they knew prior to the Generations because the secrets must be maintained. The only way they could tell Jason those type of secrets is if the party that holds their oath releases them from them.
Since i had my fall i've been a bit slow and have had some memory problems

I was rereading this and noticed what you wrote and quoted is true and correct ...from one perspective.

but You forgot that to the Kimdori the House Karinne/Generations are considered to be Family to the Kimdori.

The Problem with telling anything to Jason at first is the Kimdori were under orders not too .....once Jason Learned who/what he truly was and Reclaimed the Ring and House Name. that became mostly a mute point as CYBI could also tell him most info regarding the Kimdori and the Karinne's/Generations .

But Some Info the Kimdori withheld still due to not knowing if Jason could be trusted or not

I also learned something Jason didn't know from fel long ago .....the Kimdori had visited Earth Before the Faey claimed it.... at least two times
once scouting for the Faey ....but once before that as well if i remember correctly
The Kimdori knew there were Karinne's living on earth even before the Faey found it.

The secret unspoken remains a secret is the problem there ....the Kimdori take security very highly so highly it's now become normal for them to do so
It's not so much that they won't tell jason ...it that he needs to ask for it first

These days there seems to be little The Kimdori won't tell him .....if he but ask's

anyways i've lost my other train of thought i was following but the point i wanted to make is

We don't know if the Kimdori are doing what they are being paid/asked to do or not in regards to Jason and the House Karinne's before-durring or after the War.

We do know that Prewar The Kimdori went to the Karinnes because of the bio-agent the Moridons used that would kill off all the Kimdori and they Asked the
Karinnes to help them.
they weren't activly meddling or violating Kimdori strictures they Basic hired an outside contractor to solve a problem.

if you can follow what i'm thinking here
Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)