Surviving the bad economy...

Blacktiger
Da'Shar

Re: Surviving the bad economy...

Post by Blacktiger »

"over qualified" is a term I am just too familiar with..... : :cry:
I am a certified server and network technician as well as a journeyman in the toolmaking industry ( drilling, milling, CNC,... you know the drill ). Ever since 2004, when I finished my expensive education ( 20k+ € ) for technician, I must've applied about 300 times to companys, firms and stores....

"SORRY blahblah..., BUT YOU ARE OVER QUALIFIED blahblah... CURRENTLY WE SEE NO WAY FOR YOU TO WORK FOR US blahblah..., YOU WANT TO EARN MONEY TO SUPPORT YOURSELVES AND FAMILY AND HAVE AT LEAST A SMALL MEASSURE OF HUMAN DIGNITY? blahblah... GO F*CK YOUR OWN KNEECAPS AND STOP BOTHERING US blahblah..." :evil:

For the last 5 years I have gone through hell. I sold most of my worldly possessions to pay the bills, moved back in with mom, discovered the internet, discovered that I am gay, tried to commit suicide, began to overeat real bad ( 400 pounds ), managed to defeat my shame :oops: and applied for the dole and social support, am currently in a clinic for the stabilisation of my mental state ( not the gayishness, thats ok ), hopefully will begin rehab and constant weightloss around summer...

...you know, Fel's stories and chapters, that kept comming sometimes early, sometimes late ( but never too late :P ), gave me something to look foreward to during these trying and dark times these past years... and now the economy has started to plummet on a global scale. You know how bad that is for an economy as export oriented as germany's ? REAL BAD...

My doctor tells me I will require between 2 - 3 years to get my life back on track and achive my major goals like the weightloss issue, getting the excess skin surgically removed without looking like frankensteins monster afterwards, learning to love myself, finding a male friend or at least a fuckbuddy who would dare to love me...

I will try not to loose hope again... :)
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Re: Surviving the bad economy...

Post by MommyDoom »

All is well here. Work is insane. Himself is the IT manager at his company and they just got a big contract so he seems to think his job is pretty secure. I continue to freecycle for most everything I can though, and shop KMart and WalMart whenever possible (today but they don't sell soccer cleats, bummer... but K-Mart has a bunch of stuff on $2.99 clearance right now and I took advantage of that for the kids for next winter). I planted the lettuce/radishes/onions/broccolli in my garden this weekend and look forward to having to spend less money on vegetables this summer.

For those of you who don't know what Freecycle is: http://www.freecycle.org. It's the best. If somebody has something they don't want anymore they post it and, if you want/need it you send them an email and go pick it up off their front porch. I'm a freecycle FREAK. I get most of my kids' clothes off of freecycle, 300+ bricks for our patio, my son's loft, more flowers/bulbs/bushes for my yard than I can begin to count, toys for the kids, games, outdoor toys, food dehydrator, sheets, and on and on and on. And I've got rid of TONS of stuff that I didn't need anymore and didn't want to bother selling at a garage sale.

I'm really sorry to hear that some of you are having it rough right now. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

MD
P.S. Both my kids are puking right now (and most of the time in their beds, like it's some kind of friggin' COMPULSION) so don't hesitate to keep the fam in your thoughts, too. I just hate it when my kids are sick. And i'm really sick of cleaning up vomit.
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"