Just curious

D.F. Thompson
Sorcerer

Just curious

Post by D.F. Thompson »

Well at our family Christmas get together last year my uncle invited me to go trap shooting. Recently due to the past chapters in Kit, where Fel got into Jessica's love of skeet shooting. I decided to give it a try and well I now have a new hobby. And I was wondering if any one else has picked up a new interest or hobby because they read about it in a story.
I know that the voices in my head aren't real.
But they do have some damned good ideas. = ~.^ =
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Re: Just curious

Post by Journeywoman »

I didn't pick one up but I was quite happy to find out Jason did Aikido, a long time passion of mine :).
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
Mark_Reed
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mark_Reed »

*Snort* If things continue to go as they have been, I may end up having to travel across the country in the same way Kit did in chapter 1. I'm not sure that's a hobby, though. *Shrug*
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Well In around about way yes.
Since Fel is being such a lazy git and cant be bothered writing anything :wink: sad to say , I was forced to find something else to read .
one substitute was those stories in the forum. http://www.crystalhall.org/stories.html . One of the characters is based on a Anime called Tenchi Muyo!
Well , my childhood was usually watching Thunderbirds , Doctor Who or Batman the series and your usual set of American cartoons. So I guess I missed the whole anime thing, but then again my interest was aroused , so I checked it and I was hooked.Its actually quite clever and quite a step above your average boy has four hot alien girls after him. So yeah I am hooked on more on finding more of this stuff.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Yeah, actually, reading all of fel's stories has gotten me a new hobby too... maybe more of a job, as I like to do it regularly... yep, sorcery is great, allows me to set fiferguy on fire from long distance, freeze his underware solid (while he is wearing it*) and all that fun stuff... JK

Really though, I picked up writing because of fel, didn't really like to do it as fun before because I do it for a living. In addition I started getting more into tech magazines and building things after spending time reading subjugation and trying to think of new gadgets. Who knows, might patent some of this stuff...

~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Sancria
Da'Shar

Post by Sancria »

This isn't strictly from reading Fel's works, but I took up armor making, (I'm a part of the SCA) partially to make some cool gear, but also because I was reading David Weber's stuff and I wanted to be a blood lord. :P

I am also working on building a PPG in my spare time, but it's discouraging when I can't find any laminated titanium on Ebay.
I'd gladly travel back in time, except I would have to wait longer for the next chapter of Fel's work...sorry, pass.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

Sancria wrote:I am also working on building a PPG in my spare time, but it's discouraging when I can't find any laminated titanium on Ebay.
Well I did find the time to build a Teryon Array Antenna in order to communicate across the galaxy exploiting the extra dimensional presence in hyperspace. Unfortunately the only people who responded were a xenophobic alien race with an immense war fleet out near Orion. It’s going to take a few years for them to reach Earth and annihilate us in some kind of sterilizing process that didn’t quite translate. I informed the Government but they dismissed me as some kind of crackpot (or crackhead; it was difficult to make out between the derisive laughter and profanity-laden heckling). I started building a ship of my own as the beginnings of a defense fleet but the banks refused to lend me anymore money when they lost billions of dollars in the real estate options market and the world headed into recession. So, unless anybody has a spare 3-4 trillion dollars to make the minimum estimated cost of a basic interception force, I guess I’ll keep digging. I’m having difficulty getting all the animals to enter the stasis chambers and assembling sufficient genetic materials to seed the planet again in a few million years. Plus there’s no guarantee that the Ark Project will succeed or even survive if the alien weapons penetrate the mantle. Still if you’d all form an orderly queue when the announcement is made we’ll do our best for everyone... :mrgreen:
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

expedient wrote:
Sancria wrote:I am also working on building a PPG in my spare time, but it's discouraging when I can't find any laminated titanium on Ebay.
Well I did find the time to build a Teryon Array Antenna in order to communicate across the galaxy exploiting the extra dimensional presence in hyperspace. Unfortunately the only people who responded were a xenophobic alien race with an immense war fleet out near Orion. It’s going to take a few years for them to reach Earth and annihilate us in some kind of sterilizing process that didn’t quite translate. I informed the Government but they dismissed me as some kind of crackpot (or crackhead; it was difficult to make out between the derisive laughter and profanity-laden heckling). I started building a ship of my own as the beginnings of a defense fleet but the banks refused to lend me anymore money when they lost billions of dollars in the real estate options market and the world headed into recession. So, unless anybody has a spare 3-4 trillion dollars to make the minimum estimated cost of a basic interception force, I guess I’ll keep digging. I’m having difficulty getting all the animals to enter the stasis chambers and assembling sufficient genetic materials to seed the planet again in a few million years. Plus there’s no guarantee that the Ark Project will succeed or even survive if the alien weapons penetrate the mantle. Still if you’d all form an orderly queue when the announcement is made we’ll do our best for everyone... :mrgreen:
mate ,I am so surprised your not part of the pork cough... cough... huge stimulus package to boost the economy.A project like this is so vital for our country's prosperity , its surprising that President Obama hasn't smuggled you some where in there.Mate you have to look at the fine print.