Facebook/Mob wars and Mob world

FlashStorm
Talent

Facebook/Mob wars and Mob world

Post by FlashStorm »

I just read that Fel is getting a Facebook account. Having recently opened one myself, I was quickly introduced to the app games Mob world and Mob wars. That style of game is enjoyable because of the limited time commitment, only 5-30 minutes here and there...unless you want to bankrupt yourself to my game points, er that is, provide direct support to the game developers. The only problem as such is that in order to play at higher levels, you have to increase the number of members in your group, either by purchasing them (see above) or getting friends to join. Consequently, I was wondering if people from this friendly board would be interested in forming a group. This would require that someone collect email addresses and make them available to the group at large -not sure if people want to do that. If they do, perhaps when people start inviting others, they could include the name of the game in a subject line. Comments? Interest?
Greymist
Weavespinner

Re: Facebook/Mob wars and Mob world

Post by Greymist »

Facebook is an expletive social networking tool, used to stay in touch with friends. Facebook apps and its kin are the devil and I HATE being spammed by non-like-minded friends (read, people who don't work/dabble in IT) with them. I personally only use ones which are functional of which there are few.
Gabriel
Sorcerer

Post by Gabriel »

I just got on Face Book myself, though I cannot understand how some can end up with hundreds of friends though. Maybe I am not able to grasp the concept of networking??

Anyway I use it only to keep in touch with selective few friends.
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

If your on Facebook look out for our group "Fluff: Fels Lunatic Undying Fanatic Fans" :p.
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Gabriel wrote:I just got on Face Book myself, though I cannot understand how some can end up with hundreds of friends though. Maybe I am not able to grasp the concept of networking??

Anyway I use it only to keep in touch with selective few friends.
I'm on Facebook - but only connecting with folks I know other than online. It was originally just to placate former co-workers, I rarely use it.

I am, however, on Twitter - a lot. Have been for a few years now. Many people don't "get" it at first, or think it's boring and/or stupid - but it's actually a great amalgamation of various forms of electronic comms.