Torture, are the Dem's just that Stupid?

Hearly
Speed Racer!

Torture, are the Dem's just that Stupid?

Post by Hearly »

I'm just trying to understand how some Dem's can be totally Stupid in this Day and age..

Some Dem's are against any form of Torture even if there was a Clear and current threat, example we catch someone in the US who was part of a Cell, we found them with Lots of explosives etc, to me, we should use any means to find out where the rest of his cell is and what there target is.

I mean the way there talking if we had another 9/11 situation and we caught one of the Hijackers a few days before the attack with lots of materials on how to fly a plane, we should not use Any means necessary to get the Information from him?

Now I'm not saying giving any group unlimited power to do what is needed, maybe an executive order for each case with the head of Senate/House Intelligence committee co-signing it as a stop-gap from any run away train situation.

I mean they think using Kid gloves on people who are planning on killing themselves anyway will give them some type of incentive to talk to us?

My 2 cents.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Re: Torture, are the Dem's just that Stupid?

Post by dellstart »

Oh my goodness, you sound like that war mongering, anti minority ,homophobic Bigot racist and all round ner do well , lover of the oil and rich , oppressor of the poor isolationist , George W Bush.The person who personally caused the entire planet to despise the US by his fascist acts of Repression and Expansionism.
He who actually had the gall , to establish Gautama bay , and not give honest hard working patriotic freedom loving , salt of the earth militants(yes no word of terrorists here please) the chance to buck the system and walk in to the sunset with plungers grasped in their right hands.Is not true freedom of expression , to be able to fulfill your desire of heavenward , by blowing up defenseless women and children blasphemers heathen and infidels.Truly that is religious freedom.
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

There are plenty of other forums where you can vent your political spleen. The Sennadar forums have so far been clear of it. For the sake of avoiding pointless circular arguments, could you post on forums which appreciate political debate, not on those which appreciate fantasy/escapism.
Hearly wrote:I mean the way there talking if we had another 9/11 situation and we caught one of the Hijackers a few days before the attack with lots of materials on how to fly a plane, we should not use Any means necessary to get the Information from him?
I'm sure that Uncle Zach would be happy to do this to Kit, since he has all those manuals and software about how to fly a plane
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

dellstart wrote:Oh my goodness, you sound like that war mongering, anti minority ,homophobic Bigot racist and all round ner do well , lover of the oil and rich , oppressor of the poor isolationist , George W Bush.The person who personally caused the entire planet to despise the US by his fascist acts of Repression and Expansionism.
He who actually had the gall , to establish Gautama bay , and not give honest hard working patriotic freedom loving , salt of the earth militants(yes no word of terrorists here please) the chance to buck the system and walk in to the sunset with plungers grasped in their right hands.Is not true freedom of expression , to be able to fulfill your desire of heavenward , by blowing up defenseless women and children blasphemers heathen and infidels.Truly that is religious freedom.
QFT ^_^
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

The problem with torture, and most harsh interrogation techniques in general, is that often times the person being interrogated will say anything just to make the suffering stop. In more cases than not, you actually end up with a lot of false information that just wastes resources. And the truly militant wouldn't talk anyway, at least before the torture killed them. And dead men tell no tales.
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

Mad Monk wrote:There are plenty of other forums where you can vent your political spleen. The Sennadar forums have so far been clear of it. For the sake of avoiding pointless circular arguments, could you post on forums which appreciate political debate, not on those which appreciate fantasy/escapism.
Too True

(/me just wonders if this forum will be taxed now that the tax everything Democrats are fully in power.) :(
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.
bbobb
Novice

Post by bbobb »

Hearly wrote:I'm just trying to understand how some Dem's can be totally Stupid in this Day and age..
I guess Dems can be just as stupid as non-dems who think that torture is effective, even with all of the evidence to the contrary.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Greymist wrote:
dellstart wrote:Oh my goodness, you sound like that war mongering, anti minority ,homophobic Bigot racist and all round ner do well , lover of the oil and rich , oppressor of the poor isolationist , George W Bush.The person who personally caused the entire planet to despise the US by his fascist acts of Repression and Expansionism.
QFT ^_^
Does that stand for Quit Freaking Talking or Quite Freaking True or Quoted For Truth perhaps even Quantum Field Theory.lot of diffrent meanings there you know. :wink:
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

dellstart wrote:Does that stand for Quit Freaking Talking or Quite Freaking True or Quoted For Truth perhaps even Quantum Field Theory.lot of diffrent meanings there you know. :wink:
All of the above?