Unification - Chapter 7 - Spoilers

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
boballab
Sui'Kun

Re: Unification - Chapter 7 - Spoilers

Post by boballab »

Phantom wrote:So your all not giving Fel enough Credit for being Evil......truely Evil

The Next is book is to be called Tribulation.

Well Jason has already gone through the Trials so

What if Jason ends up haveing to Sacrafice himself to save the Karnnes and Faey.

Oh Wouldn't that just Royaly screw with the siann if Jason were to become the Greatest hero the Faey have ever Known ?

and a Male at that too.

Phantom
Going back and looking at some old posts along with Fel's update, Phantom you may have hit on something. Anti-Carrot had a prediction that 1 or 2 secondary characters die. Fel responded with 1 or 2 main characters die with them. Not instead of but with them. Now couple this with the Name of the story after Tribulation, which is Succession. So by the end of tribulation Jason is either dead or he just can't face being Grand Duke any more because of the cost he personally pays in Tribulation and Rann becomes the Grand Duke in Succession.

Damm Phantom and his tin foil hat.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
D.F. Thompson
Sorcerer

Post by D.F. Thompson »

Ah but lets not forget about Dahnai. She could be the one of the major characters to get offed, or Zaa hmmmm.
I know that the voices in my head aren't real.
But they do have some damned good ideas. = ~.^ =
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

Why couldn't Jason Succeed to the throne of the Imperium? I know it would cause a major feasco in the Imperium, or could it be that Denae dies along with her heir aparent leaving Rann and his wife to be as the new leaders of the Imperium. I certainly can't see Rann taking second fiddle any more then Jason. He's got too much red blooded male macho standing to not at least fight on an even level with all the fey wannabe princesses.

The thing about Fel, is if you THINK you understand even a little bit he's gonna slam you and make you really think outside the box. Fel=paradime shift. Sometimes I think he reads what is said on this board just to get ideas on what NOT to do next chapter....:)
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

Yes that is the ohter possiblity. Dahnai gets killed along with Jason's unborn child and Succession could mean Sirri or Shya (depending on if Sirri lives) takes the throne.
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

lapland wrote:The thing about Fel, is if you THINK you understand even a little bit he's gonna slam you and make you really think outside the box. Fel=paradime shift. Sometimes I think he reads what is said on this board just to get ideas on what NOT to do next chapter....:)
Even Fel has to maintain internal consistency within his own stories. Lose that and 'paradigm shift' becomes 'broken story'. An attempt to put Jason on the thrown would likely lead to civil war. If his 'son' tried to behave as emperor, and his wife let him, you'd also likely get a George III situation.

Remember Monarchy is not like Republic or Parliamentary Democracy. The leaders cannot just do whatever they want. Ultimate military and political power rests with the nobles and their willingness to follow any given leader.
I is an certified nut
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

Yes, but he with the biggest gun rules, and their could be something bigger then the Imperium to rule. Could the Imperium bow to Jason once he's proven to be so far beyond them that they don't have a chance to take him down? Could he take over the Consortium? The neighbors of the galaxy? Put one big super consortium together all under Jasons rule and he being part of the Imperium could be strange. Put them all under one authority and force feed them peace for the next decade and maybe you can instill peace forever. At least while a generation rules the throne of Kerinne.
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

lapland wrote:Yes, but he with the biggest gun rules
And what will he do when they turn round and tell him where to get off? Blow up some planets? Kill a few billion people? Leadership is not about hurting people. Anyone who actually try to act that power crazed tend to commit suicide by stabbing themselves in the back twenty seven times.
I is an certified nut
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

The Biggest question I had about the Interdictors .......

is after all the Back stabing, Kidnapping and other assorted evils

Will Jason be placing one around the house Trillane home planet ?
Or are they on their own <Grin>

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

Phantom wrote:The Biggest question I had about the Interdictors .......

is after all the Back stabing, Kidnapping and other assorted evils

Will Jason be placing one around the house Trillane home planet ?
Or are they on their own <Grin>

Phantom
Thank you for calling the Karinne Interdictor service, how may I help you?

This is Maeri Trillane calling about an Interdictor for the planet Arctus.

Please hold on and I'll pull that info up. "Click"

Damm thats the 50th time I got disconnected
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

boballab wrote:Yes that is the other possibility. Dahnai gets killed along with Jason's unborn child and Succession could mean Sirri or Shya (depending on if Sirri lives) takes the throne.
That's a huge possibility.What a interesting time that would make. Jason death also would have great ramification.Especially sincehis the linchpin holding the entire house\planet together.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Random thoughts by a bored soul

1) You do realize that if Fel offs Jason , its the first time his whacked a main character.Normally he likes his Heros to ride happily into the sunset.So this would be a first.

2)As time goes on,I think more and more that Jyslin is just a Faey version of our insular Jason. Its true, she has a ama dozie and all that, but she really is happy just doing her own thing.For example , look at her reaction when they have six people in the bed affair , she has the same geek reaction Jason does . That's my take.

3)Whats the hardest job in Jason's Navy ? Being a christian chaplain , I would think. Then again maybe not.

4) we should make a list of possible victims and make a vote (amongst all the posters ) to see which character is going to get whacked!
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

dellstart wrote:Random thoughts by a bored soul

1) You do realize that if Fel offs Jason , its the first time his whacked a main character.Normally he likes his Heros to ride happily into the sunset.So this would be a first.

2)As time goes on,I think more and more that Jyslin is just a Faey version of our insular Jason. Its true, she has a ama dozie and all that, but she really is happy just doing her own thing.For example , look at her reaction when they have six people in the bed affair , she has the same geek reaction Jason does . That's my take.

3)Whats the hardest job in Jason's Navy ? Being a christian chaplain , I would think. Then again maybe not.

4) we should make a list of possible victims and make a vote (amongst all the posters ) to see which character is going to get whacked!
I agree on the take that Jason will not be offed. It would deviate from his normal style unless he really wants some deviation. I am happy with the tried and tested formula.

First, Tribulation - it is a trial and suffering period... so it can only relate to the Imperium having a war with the Consortium and then Jason reallly having to lead while the rest of the Siann having a conniption over it. But all this leads to Jason having enough is enough.... the Succession, well, it is just who takes over the mantle... :)
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

any chance of jason becoming regeny
.S.A.M.K.M
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

SYED wrote:any chance of jason becoming Regency

I don't thinks so. For two reasons

1)He wouldn't want the job

2) The Faey wouldn't accept him , unless it was perhaps for a limited time(in a time of dire conflict) , in order to chose a new leader.Then they still wouldn't want him.Kind of like a A Yankee siting on the Throne of England , perish the thought!!