Unification - Chapter 7 - Spoilers

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Re: Unification - Chapter 7 - Spoilers

Post by Hearly »

Mizriath wrote:thanks Fel for Chapter 7. Made my weekend in bed with fever somehow a bearable one.

IMHO, Jyslin having twins is part of nature. The twists would be one of them is Kellin's child... there is no rule that says you can only get preggers during fertile time since they are close to humans in their body make up. It was only a few days difference between Kellin and Jason. That would really put Jason in a bind... his wife being preggo with the prince Kellin, another man.... but in which he cannot say anything since he make the empress preggo. What a twist but highly unlikely.

The other thing I was thinking is that all the generations are in a way brothers and sisters. Jason and Myleena are not theoretically fully related, only by their forefathers, that would make Rahne also a relatively a sister too by virtue of Jason's ancestral line, so would any other earthling generation. I wonder whether there are any others in the pipeline which the Kimdori knows about which theoretically has royal blood, descendant of Sora Karrine.

I wonder what will come out as a baby between 2 Generation parents which so far there are not many if any. And what would it be if they are both humans, say Jason and Rahne. Food for thoughts.

The empress is slowly tying herself to Jason especially seeing how important Jason is for solving a lot of her problems. :)
They can't be separate fathers as they're Identical.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Hearly wrote:They can't be separate fathers as they're Identical.
Yes, Hearly, they are identical..... I am just adding twist here and there. The only way for it to be Kellin's is when both the twins belong to Kellin. It is not said that thyey belong to Jason.... anyway it is a moot point as man holds no power in the Faey universe unless they are the Grand Duke. The Kimdori holds no such notion.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Mizriath wrote:
Hearly wrote:They can't be separate fathers as they're Identical.
Yes, Hearly, they are identical..... I am just adding twist here and there. The only way for it to be Kellin's is when both the twins belong to Kellin. It is not said that thyey belong to Jason.... anyway it is a moot point as man holds no power in the Faey universe unless they are the Grand Duke. The Kimdori holds no such notion.
The twist would be you have non generation Faey in line for the Karrine throne!
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Hearly wrote:Ok so maybe it's a thing Fel hasn't addressed yet, but none of his other kids are Twins, which makes me believe that something is a bit Fishy..
If a female faey can 'help' herself get doubly pregnant, then it follows that it follows that a faey can help her get pregnant at all, without the man knowing about it. In which case all the consortium need to do is to get a (carefully 'reprogrammed') female Faey close enough to Jason to have sex with him, and pop the right kind of pills before and afterwords.

<speculation>If only there was only a castle the consortium could attack in order to force Jason to rescue the princess because the castle is too far away to be defended, and from which the princess could easily escape from once she has secured her genetic sample.</speculation>
I is an certified nut
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

dellstart wrote:
Mistra wrote:dellstart, was that sarcastic?
Of course. :lol:

Its just with all these conspiracy theories going on, I cant help but throw that one in.

Well as long as you don't start spouting that Jason got them both while hiding behind the Grassy Knoll
then i guess we're ok

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Just whats involved in learning Merrane traditions and receiving a Imperial education?

Is it just a matter of knowing your family history along with a glorified business degree so you can run the Impirium ?
You have to learn place protocols and how not to piss off the other races , except for that doesn't seem much to it.Why do you need a Merrane for that, and old joe could teach you.
In fact isnt Ran receiving somewhat of a similar education in his very own house?
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

dellstart wrote:Just whats involved in learning Merrane traditions and receiving a Imperial education?

Is it just a matter of knowing your family history along with a glorified business degree so you can run the Impirium ?
You have to learn place protocols and how not to piss off the other races , except for that doesn't seem much to it.Why do you need a Merrane for that, and old joe could teach you.
In fact isnt Ran receiving somewhat of a similar education in his very own house?

Think of Faey noble houses like Celtic clans, like the Scot Highland clans or Irish Clans. Clans are based around blood relationship and circles of trust and loyalty. To get the trust of the Clan, you must be born of the Clan, raised by the Clan and live in the Clan. To me that is the basis of how the Faey noble houses were built. So that is why Raisha must be taught the Merrane customs and traditions, that way she can have the trust and loyalty of the members of House Merrane. If she was raised outside of those traditions there would always be doubt about her motives in anything she does by the other members of the house. Taken in that light Dahnai's insistance on that is understandable, she doesn't just want a daughter that is a Merrane by name alone.

The Imperial Education would deal mainly in politics and diplomacy. It is a way to teach the princess to not only be a princess in name but to actually use her position properly in the context of her peoples government. If Raisha was raised without the knoweledge she will get from the teachers provided she would not be prepared to handle the snake pit of noble politics.

On Rann he is not getting that education. Why? Because Jason despises politics and has buried his head in the sand. In so doing he is not preparing Rann to deal with the Siann. Rann is learning how to be a Karinne so his education is in sciences and technical fields, something Jason is much more comfortable with. Because of this thank god he will be married to Shya, who will have the proper training to handle Imperial politics and keep Rann from repeating the mistakes of his ancestors with dealing with the Imperium. If Jason had his way he would never set foot on Draconis and never attend court and never deal with the other noble house. He would pawn that stuff off to Kumi, who is trained for it. However Dahnai won't let him for his own good. That is also why Jason keeps getting suprised, he tunes out the universe looking at just House Karinne, just like his ancestors. What's funny he was upset about how his ancestors snubbed the Imperium out of superiority and he is snubbing the Imperium just like they did. He is doing it for a different reason but the results are the same.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

I can see your Point but by Jason keeping Rann away from Stuff the Siann does
is also keeping him from learning their Bad ways as well.

Damned if he does.... Damned if he doesn't

Once thing the Struck me is

How much Did the Karrine's Stuck on Earth actually influence the early Celtic clans
How much of the Faey customs and traditions did they actually introduce.

Isn't it interesting all of the relationship's and similarities you can Draw between
Faey Culture and the Celtic clans?

On the other Hand you say Rann is not getting that education that he needs to deal with the Siann?
Remember Rann is also being Taught or will be By both the Kimdori and Cybi.

I would think he's being readied much more then others for Taking over as head of a House of the Siann.
and Don't forget Juslyn and all of his Aunts will make sure he much more then ready for anything.

He's being raised and taught Much More about Telepathy, Politics, Military Warfare, Science, Economics, Business and more he's also being raised to know what its like to be one of the people. Not just a Future House leader or Prince

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

boballab wrote:
dellstart wrote:Just whats involved in learning Merrane traditions and receiving a Imperial education?

Think of Faey noble houses like Celtic clans, like the Scot Highland clans or Irish Clans. Clans are based around blood relationship and circles of trust and loyalty. To get the trust of the Clan, you must be born of the Clan, raised by the Clan and live in the Clan. To me that is the basis of how the Faey noble houses were built. So that is why Raisha must be taught the Merrane customs and traditions, that way she can have the trust and loyalty of the members of House Merrane. If she was raised outside of those traditions there would always be doubt about her motives in anything she does by the other members of the house. Taken in that light Dahnai's insistance on that is understandable, she doesn't just want a daughter that is a Merrane by name alone.

The Imperial Education would deal mainly in politics and diplomacy. It is a way to teach the princess to not only be a princess in name but to actually use her position properly in the context of her peoples government. If Raisha was raised without the knoweledge she will get from the teachers provided she would not be prepared to handle the snake pit of noble politics.

On Rann he is not getting that education. Why? Because Jason despises politics and has buried his head in the sand. In so doing he is not preparing Rann to deal with the Siann. Rann is learning how to be a Karinne so his education is in sciences and technical fields, something Jason is much more comfortable with. Because of this thank god he will be married to Shya, who will have the proper training to handle Imperial politics and keep Rann from repeating the mistakes of his ancestors with dealing with the Imperium. If Jason had his way he would never set foot on Draconis and never attend court and never deal with the other noble house. He would pawn that stuff off to Kumi, who is trained for it. However Dahnai won't let him for his own good. That is also why Jason keeps getting suprised, he tunes out the universe looking at just House Karinne, just like his ancestors. What's funny he was upset about how his ancestors snubbed the Imperium out of superiority and he is snubbing the Imperium just like they did. He is doing it for a different reason but the results are the same.

1)True enuff. in that light , it make sense why she was so adamant to have her child raised in the clan\house traditions. I assume as well , she will not be able to take her place in Sirris or her mother cabinet , unless they can be assured shes 100% on of theirs. Plus , how are they (The House)going to view the future Mrs (Karinne) Rann?

2)In a way ,Rann is receiving a roundabout education in politics and diplomacy, due to the simple fact , that his the heir apparent.Observing how his father interacts with the various species and members of his House, is as much a education as sitting in a classroom.Its true, that might not help him with the Siann
but as you have said ,Thank goodness for Shya.
Jason is a true Karinne, its only natural he should feel an strong affinity for the sciences and technology,sometimes at the expense of all else.That's nothing new, as we have seen many a time.Jason would like nothing more than to sit down and pull apart engines , technology or what not , and not be bothered by the trivialities of intergalactic politics. In some ways , I think he envies Myelena her position , for that's where his heart truly is.
So yeah , his snubbing the Imperium , not because his superior , its just cause hes got a hell of a lot better thing to do.
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

Phantom wrote:I can see your Point but by Jason keeping Rann away from Stuff the Siann does
is also keeping him from learning their Bad ways as well.

Damned if he does.... Damned if he doesn't

Once thing the Struck me is

How much Did the Karrine's Stuck on Earth actually influence the early Celtic clans

Isn't it interesting all of the relationship's and similarities you can Draw between

On the other Hand you say Rann is not getting that education that he needs to deal with the Siann?
Remember Rann is also being Taught or will be By both the Kimdori and Cybi.

I would think he's being readied much more then others for Taking over as head of a House of the Siann.
and Don't forget Juslyn and all of his Aunts will make sure he much more then ready for anything.

He's being raised and taught Much More about Telepathy, Politics, Military Warfare, Science, Economics, Business and more he's also being raised to know what its like to be one of the people. Not just a Future House leader or Prince

Phantom
The Celts were a wide ranging group, they stretched from Ireland to scotland and across the English Channel to france, where they were called Gaults. They predated the Roman Empire and the comming of the Karinnes. So I don't think the Karinnes so much influenced the Clan mentality so much as they found a group of humans that lived pretty much the same way they did. This would give the stranded Karinnes some common ground with the humans. The telling point to me is the high concentration of Human telepaths in the lowlands of Scotland. The stranded Karinnes found humans there to be much like the Faey except for gender reversal and tech level. With that being the case it appears that the Karinnes didn't move much from the Scottish/Ireland area, since you don't find the mythology of the Elves outside of that area. To me it appears the Karinnes found a group of humnas that they could understand and integrated into those Clans. In the Subjugation Universe it wouldn't be suprising to find that the Great Clan leaders of Scotland were descened from those Karinnes, since their clans would be the ones to reap the benifits of Karinne knoweledge.

On Rann's education. Well the way I look at it is that yes later on Cybi will give him some instruction and so will the Kimdori, but the problem is that in the other houses they start earlier with that education. Yes Jyslin knows something of the politics but face it she was on the outside looking in so she has a different perspective and less inner working knowledge. Where Rann will have the big advantage will be in Shya, a person raised from birth to know the ins and outs of Noble politics. The telling point on that is that Zaa has never once said anything against that arranged marriage, matter of fact she is probably quite pleased by it. Dahnai is no slouch in the telepathy department so Shya won't be either, so that covers one aspect that is important to Cybi and Zaa. She will also be trained by Dahnai whom Zaa respects for her cleverness. Zaa will probably tell Rann to listen closely to what Shya advises dealing with politics.

And yes Jason does envy Myleena's ability to just be able to be an Engineer and not deal with politics. I think for his own sanity Jason needs to set aside an hour or two a day and work on an engineering project. Remember not even Myleena was able to cope with Jason's devious engineering marvels.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

WHE THE CONSORTIUM HEARS of the indictors, they will attempt to attack the faey, any threats or anything that is valuable to them. then the faey will eventually try to secure systems with gates and indictors, consortium will try to stop them so not not denied the system. say it takes 10 hours to gust put up an indictor and have a gate link, during this period they must hold the system. they have around 3.5 thounsand ships they need a greater number of ship to be ablke to force them away, also there woud be hyper space probes keeping watch over the sector allowing the consortium to watch the ship movements, they cann keep the imperium off balance as they can manover better
.S.A.M.K.M
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

So you guys , think we are going to see this mother of all battle in chapter eight?
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

I think it will be the mother of all cliffhangers, since the next part is called tribulation Fel will end it in a cliffhanger leaving us to wonder who dies.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

boballab wrote:
The Celts were a wide ranging group, they stretched from Ireland to scotland and across the English Channel to france, where they were called Gaults. They predated the Roman Empire and the comming of the Karinnes. So I don't think the Karinnes so much influenced the Clan mentality so much as they found a group of humans that lived pretty much the same way they did. This would give the stranded Karinnes some common ground with the humans. The telling point to me is the high concentration of Human telepaths in the lowlands of Scotland. The stranded Karinnes found humans there to be much like the Faey except for gender reversal and tech level. With that being the case it appears that the Karinnes didn't move much from the Scottish/Ireland area, since you don't find the mythology of the Elves outside of that area. To me it appears the Karinnes found a group of humnas that they could understand and integrated into those Clans. In the Subjugation Universe it wouldn't be suprising to find that the Great Clan leaders of Scotland were descened from those Karinnes, since their clans would be the ones to reap the benifits of Karinne knoweledge..
And there you make a lot of My point for me. Karinnes influenced them A LOT! we can't go back in time and
see what the Clans were really like before the Karinnes arrived. We only get to see them afterwards

And we're still guessing on a lot of it even then.
but Fel wrote it that way too.
boballab wrote: On Rann's education. Well the way I look at it is that yes later on Cybi will give him some instruction and so will the Kimdori, but the problem is that in the other houses they start earlier with that education. Yes Jyslin knows something of the politics but face it she was on the outside looking in so she has a different perspective and less inner working knowledge. Where Rann will have the big advantage will be in Shya, a person raised from birth to know the ins and outs of Noble politics. The telling point on that is that Zaa has never once said anything against that arranged marriage, matter of fact she is probably quite pleased by it. Dahnai is no slouch in the telepathy department so Shya won't be either, so that covers one aspect that is important to Cybi and Zaa. She will also be trained by Dahnai whom Zaa respects for her cleverness. Zaa will probably tell Rann to listen closely to what Shya advises dealing with politics..
While it's true in a way they seem to start sooner.....but they are also learning it with all of the prejudices, slants and crookedness..... both the cultural and political views of their respective houses not to mention those of the Siann as well

Rann's education on the other hand seems to be more of an intergalactic outlook one (it is after all partly influenced by the Kimdori ) Plus he's learning that their are people at the other end....Not just assets to be used and then discarded as needed.

and the Karinnes are not building just a normal Faey house but a True interspecies one.
they all ready command Alliances that none of the Other Faey houses could hope to ever have.
boballab wrote:
And yes Jason does envy Myleena's ability to just be able to be an Engineer and not deal with politics. I think for his own sanity Jason needs to set aside an hour or two a day and work on an engineering project. Remember not even Myleena was able to cope with Jason's devious engineering marvels.
True it might not hurt him in the long run...he seems to go from putting out one fire to the next right now with little time to work on Preventing them from starting in the first place. that he's done as well as he has so far is due in no little part to the people he's got helping him.

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

boballab wrote:
Phantom wrote: Once thing the Struck me is

Phantom
The Celts were a wide ranging group, they stretched from Ireland to scotland and across the English Channel to france, where they were called Gaults. They predated the Roman Empire and the comming of the Karinnes. So I don't think the Karinnes so much influenced the Clan mentality so much as they found a group of humans that lived pretty much the same way they did. This would give the stranded Karinnes some common ground with the humans. The telling point to me is the high concentration of Human telepaths in the lowlands of Scotland. The stranded Karinnes found humans there to be much like the Faey except for gender reversal and tech level. With that being the case it appears that the Karinnes didn't move much from the Scottish/Ireland area, since you don't find the mythology of the Elves outside of that area. To me it appears the Karinnes found a group of humnas that they could understand and integrated into those Clans. In the Subjugation Universe it wouldn't be suprising to find that the Great Clan leaders of Scotland were descened from those Karinnes, since their clans would be the ones to reap the benifits of Karinne knoweledge.
The Celts were actually an Alpine culture which had its influences spread to Scotland and Ireland, by successive invasions. only some of the chieftains in Scotland were actually Celts, genetic analysis indicates that the majority of the people were different.

The pre-Roman art is also completely different from that of the continental cultures. The knotwork now associated with Celtic art came in with the Vikings.

I would assume that the Karrines originally landed in Northern Ireland or the Scotish Inner Hebredies, possibly the Isle of Arran, where they would be mainly isolated and defensible, yet could contact the natives. The Norse invasions of the 9th and 10th centuries broke them up and forced them to migrate.

If there is a genetic legacy in the Lowland Scots, it would be in either the North of England, the USA or Nova Scotia, as a result of the "Lowland Clearances" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowland_Clearances
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.