clarification of the whole amu dozei concept.

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
dellstart
Child of Niami

clarification of the whole amu dozei concept.

Post by dellstart »

I kinda think ,that this is such an illuminating explanation , by the Grand master himself, it deserves its own thread. It really goes along way to explain many of the things that were plaguing me , and I think many others.

amu dozei is what you might call polygamy. Jyslin allows Symone to tread into "her area," the private domain usually allowed to a wife.

Where does it stop? It stops where the couples decides it stops. The two couples live in separate houses, but some amu dozei live cohabitively, forming a "family unit" where there aren't two couples, there is simply one "marital group." The two couples still separate themselves both in private and public, so they haven't gone as far as some have.

And yes, telepathy radically changes things. Telepaths are their own culture, and maybe now you see why Jason "went Faey" as many on the boards complain. It had nothing to do with turning his back on his human upbringing and identity, it was ALL about telepathy. The Faey as a race are telepathic, and as he fully came into his telepathic power, he began to identify with them more and more. He still considers himself human, but he has a more Faey mentality.

Temika, however, is different, which proves that what Jason and Tim have done, integrate completely into the telepathic culture, wasn't absolutely necessary. It was a choice, not a need.