Gestalt Usage

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Gestalt Usage

Post by dellstart »

Does the average citizen all over the planet use the system or is it restricted only for the scientific and military branches of the house?
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Gestalt Usage

Post by Phantom »

dellstart wrote:Does the average citizen all over the planet use the system or is it restricted only for the scientific and military branches of the house?
From the story Fel said that everyone uses them .....But Citizens other then the Generations can't access the System the Same as the Generations can.
It sounded like it was Restricted to being able to opperate devices but there wasn't the 2 way interaction
the way the Generations used them.

Think of it kinda like....
Normal Citizens ones are a lot like Garage Door openers and Generations Gestalts are like Cell Phones

I'm a bit busy right now but if you need I can try and find the Exact passage in Subugation later.

Unless Fel pops in and answers this

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Thanks.

I thought it might be something like that. However, it seems to me that, the system is more used for the military , to interface with the ships or equipment or the station on Cybi island.(scientific.) I don't see really the point of Mr average Joe, needing that set up in his house or car or a cheap excuse for a remote . Plus with limited access to your gestalt's you ensure a much securer security system.
Do we have a picture of what a gestalt even looks like?
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

The gestalts served as the primary interface for the Generations, and the similar-appearing interface unit was the interface used by the rest of the house. Karinnes had moved beyond keyboards and control panels long ago, and only used U/Is as a means for non-Generation house members to receive data from the unit they were using.
Myri put her fingers on the device now gracing the left side of her face, which looked like a gestalt, but was actually an interface unit. All the Faey were wearing one now, because with the repair of many of the compound’s devices, the use of an interface was required just to make them work. Songa could not even cook, because the stoves had no manual controls. Virtually everything in the compound required an interface to make them operate.
“Using the latrine was a challenge,” Myri grunted. “Having to think flush at the toilet was almost too much for an old war dog like me.”
. The Parri themselves were very curious creatures. They were cat-like, moving on all fours most of the time but having prehensile hands, rising up on their back legs to use them. They were shamanistic in ideology and rejected technology, like the Amish back home.
The Gestalts were only used by the Generations, all the other faey in house Karrine used an interface. Everything from the toilets on up, on Karis, required an interface to operate but with what was stated in Insurrection with other races being there I think they changed a few things. I don't think Jason would force the Parri to use an interface just to take a shit.
Last edited by boballab on Tue May 06, 2008 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

dellstart wrote:Thanks.

I thought it might be something like that. However, it seems to me that, the system is more used for the military , to interface with the ships or equipment or the station on Cybi island.(scientific.) I don't see really the point of Mr average Joe, needing that set up in his house or car or a cheap excuse for a remote . Plus with limited access to your gestalt's you ensure a much securer security system.
Do we have a picture of what a gestalt even looks like?
It used to be here http://forums.sennadar.com/viewtopic.ph ... 9140#p9140
but it appears to have become unlinked in one of the upgrades and went unnoticed i e-mailed
Spec about it so we'll have to wait and see ....Damn And i didn't even save a copy of it either.

as i remember it one of the reasons for everyone having to use a Gestalt for everything was Security
anyone who didn't have one couldn't gain access to anything.
I'm rereading for the Explination of the Normal Gestalts so i'll post that in a bit.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Ok here's an expansion of the answer
in Chapter 18 of Subugation Fel wrote:Indeed. That was the beginning of the Generations program. The Kimdori assisted us in this as they
assisted us with the crystals. A recombinent DNA sequence was generated that combined the necessary
aspects of Faey and Kimdori DNA that would give a Faey the necessary sensitivity to interface with the
biogenic crystals. The experiment was a success. Then, gene therapy was ordered for the entire house
after it was refined, and in this it was moderately successful. Some Karinnes successfully took the
treatment and their DNA was altered. Some died from the treatment, and some had their bodies reject the
treatment, and they remained unaltered. But enough of the house was changed to permit expansion of the
gene pool by breeding. My image’s namesake, Sora Karinne, was the first child born of altered parents.
All CBIMs carry her image as their visual interface in her honor. She was the First Generation, and the
mother of your line, Jason.
{After the institution of the Generations program, other breakthroughs were made. They developed a
new type of biogenic crystal that could receive Faey sending, but not respond. But, instead of abandoning
the Generations program, they decided to continue on, for the Generations were still far superior to the
new technology. They did refine this new system, however. Gestalts were made for the unaltered members
of the house made of these new crystals. They didn’t give them the same functions as true gestalts, but they
did allow for some moderate usefulness. These interfaces allowed unaltered Karinnes to issue telepathic
commands to machines, but only on a one way basis. They also lacked the amplifying abilities of the
gestalt. They were built to resemble a gestalt, however, and it became a tradition for all members of the
house to wear what you now wear,
Jason. The gestalt and the interface became the singular identifying
mark of the Karinnes.}
also in Chapter 18 of Subugation Fel wrote: The Karinne grasp on hyperdimensional physics was the fundamental difference between them and the
Imperium, and it altered their entire viewpoint. They had many technologies that reached beyond the three
dimensions in which they lived. Just like the Kimdori, when they did use interfaces, they were three
dimensional, holographic…but there were almost no interfaces. The gestalts served as the primary
interface for the Generations, and the similar-appearing interface unit was the interface used by the rest of
the house. Karinnes had moved beyond keyboards and control panels long ago, and only used U/Is as a
means for non-Generation house members to receive data from the unit they were using.
To them, it was
simply a different realm of the universe to explore and understand, where the Imperium treated it like a live
snake, something dangerous and only to be used when necessary.

As stated in the message before this Interfaces were used by the Non Generations to access systems.
This alowed for a couple of things it allowed Generations using Gestalts to better, directly or more fully
access Systems while others useing interfaces were also allowed access to them as well.
It worked well for a Security stand point too. in being that anyone not using a Gestalt or an Interface were
really unable to access or use any of the Karinnes Systems

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Ok that answers that. thanks
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

dellstart wrote:Ok that answers that. thanks

No Problemo

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born