Spirit Walker - Spoilers - Chapters 1 through part of 14

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions about the Spirit Walker and Shadow Walker stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Spirit Walker - Spoilers

Post by Lochar »

Fel wrote:
Lochar wrote:An eidetic memory, and Kyven's features (most likely his eyes) catch her.
Cookie!
Mmm, cookies.

I think that's three you've given me now. :P
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Hey Fel, you really didn't say where this takes place, could it be taking place on Earth in the far future? will we learn who that ancient civilization was and how it relates to the now?
Elsh
Initiate
Location: Under the cupboard, reading chapter 14 of spiritwalker.

Post by Elsh »

Hearly wrote:Hey Fel, you really didn't say where this takes place, could it be taking place on Earth in the far future? will we learn who that ancient civilization was and how it relates to the now?
Check out Fel's post history, I'm pretty sure that he gives a thorough'ish breakdown of the Earth's history for this story.
Missing chapter 14, making my way through chapter 15 and awaiting chapter 16 of Spirit Walker.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Lochar wrote:
Fel wrote:
Lochar wrote:An eidetic memory, and Kyven's features (most likely his eyes) catch her.
Cookie!
Mmm, cookies.

I think that's three you've given me now. :P
LOL. Luckily I am never in the competition for cookies... I could never have started the race. I am just enjoying the read and the possibilities of how the story turns out. The possibility of this story is really big given Fel's talent.

I am still trying to think of the ending ...besides Kyven being the hero. ... Nah just wait for Fel.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

Well, another new chapter and Kyven continues to progress slowly. I've gotta wonder how long he will spend changing cages and masters before he can finally escape. :?

oo... I wonder how an Arcan Crystalcutter would be accepted.... Intriguing Idea.... Fel? 8)

And since he's a unique Arcan of a spectacular coloration, I wonder if he'll be the most exensive Arcan ever sold... :)

Digital Maestro
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Yay! Kyven killed the farmer! :twisted: Woot... now, how to take out an entire city of evil slavers in a firey ball of Tarrin-esk fury without killing the arcans at the same time :twisted: ... hmmmm.??? Will have to think about that one... :|

And I noticed in the last chapter that kyven mentioned his way of escape but didn't figure it out. He said maybe if his colar went dead or the crystal drained out... shaman's can drain crystals. No crystal, no power, no pain or whatever, just a piece of useless metal or leather that kyven's strength could rip through in a second.

So we are seeing how tarrin, oops, I mean Kyven, is going to escape:
1. Drain crystal
2. Blend with shadow
3. Get the hell out of dodge

Of course, the fox wants him to do some stuff as a fox arcan first... maybe we have to wait until kyven stops saying "he isn't an arcan" and really adapts to feeling like an arcan? Maybe he needs to start the breed of shadow fox arcans? He's already slept with one arcan on the farm, and they want him for a breeder. We shall see. Hope fel keeps publishing at this rate. :D

Thanks Fel, I liked the ending of chapter 8 better than chapter 7. :D

~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Wicketklown001
Sorcerer

Post by Wicketklown001 »

michaelsuave wrote:Yay! Kyven killed the farmer! :twisted: Woot... now, how to take out an entire city of evil slavers in a firey ball of Tarrin-esk fury without killing the arcans at the same time :twisted: ... hmmmm.??? Will have to think about that one... :|

And I noticed in the last chapter that kyven mentioned his way of escape but didn't figure it out. He said maybe if his colar went dead or the crystal drained out... shaman's can drain crystals. No crystal, no power, no pain or whatever, just a piece of useless metal or leather that kyven's strength could rip through in a second.

So we are seeing how tarrin, oops, I mean Kyven, is going to escape:
1. Drain crystal
2. Blend with shadow
3. Get the hell out of dodge

Of course, the fox wants him to do some stuff as a fox arcan first... maybe we have to wait until kyven stops saying "he isn't an arcan" and really adapts to feeling like an arcan? Maybe he needs to start the breed of shadow fox arcans? He's already slept with one arcan on the farm, and they want him for a breeder. We shall see. Hope fel keeps publishing at this rate. :D

Thanks Fel, I liked the ending of chapter 8 better than chapter 7. :D

~Michael
Well the fox said he wasn't getting any of his shaman powers, other than spirit sight so perhaps he can't drain the crystals. Also he may not know how to even if he is still able to...
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Thanks Fel. I'm also a writer and had a story all plotted out, being written, edited, posted on-line, and doing well, then I just had to muck with the plot! You see there was this dainty little gal who just HAD to have a bigger role in things, so temptation won out. I wrote in a change. Oh, I know, that changing the plot as I wrote was stupid! But, I did it and a few chapters later, I found that I'd 'painted myself into a corner.' Chapter eight gave me an idea for a way out, so like I said, thanks. My readers will probably thank you too.

BTW, Loved the mean and nasty characters on the farm and when you think about it, I'm of the opinion that the woman was more vicious than the man.

BTW#2 Since I'm not a fink and don't want to 'steal' or even 'borrow' your readers, I'm here anonymously. :twisted: :wink:
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Please identify yourself GBLW. You'll find that the Links to good reading thread proves that Fel is not possessive about his reader. We would appreciate some good reading from you too.

On a different note, I really was disappointed that the man died without getting a taste of his own collar! I really hoped that by the time Kyven left the farm, he would have managed to give the man a taste of his own collar or the same effect using shaman magic.

I am really enjoying the reading. This in my opinion is going to prove an even better story than the sennadar books and for a while I had thought I would never read anything better than the sennadar universe.
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

michaelsuave wrote:Maybe he needs to start the breed of shadow fox arcans?
Probable point. Remember that the Shadow Fox said that he was the first of his kind. Not the only one, just the first. And it wouldn't be the first time she bred him...
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Please identify yourself GBLW. You'll find that the Links to good reading thread proves that Fel is not possessive about his reader. We would appreciate some good reading from you too.
Maybe later, not now though, but then, many of my stories are available on ASSTR or SOL already. :twisted: :lol:
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Weresmilodon wrote:
michaelsuave wrote:Maybe he needs to start the breed of shadow fox arcans?
Probable point. Remember that the Shadow Fox said that he was the first of his kind. Not the only one, just the first. And it wouldn't be the first time she bred him...
I find it interesting that Kyven is very much against being a breeder, and yet whether he is human or arcan, that is exactly how the shadowfox treats him. Though he didn't rape the prostitute in the first city (while human*) and he didn't sleep with the wolf canine arcan on the farm against his will (while arcan*) I think its interesting that the shadowfox wants to breed him. I also think its interesting that the shadowfox wants to breed the arcan kyven when she knows that if he is a breeder in the blue ring, that furriers will be after his kids' hides. :?: What good is it to the shadowfox to have a new breed of arcans, if those arcans are nothing more than dead arcans stripped of their hides to clothe humans??? :?:

Also, thinking of another use for "guile and deceit." If Kyven gets in a battle with an alchemist/loreguard/shaman where they are flinging spirit magic at each other, he can disguise one type of attack as another type of attack... use his illusions to either mask the real attack/direction of attack, or mask the type of attack as something all together. Further, kyven had to imagine the lightning as sounding and looking like thunder, I wonder if he could imagine the lightning to look and sound like thunder, then imagine that sound and light being masked/muted? :?: Kind of like a silenced weapon? Currently the only silenced weapon kyven could have would be his knives, or perhaps a bow/crossbow (though we haven't really heard of those being used*). What better weapon for a creature who can hide in the shadows than lightning/fire/cold spells who give off no light or sound? Kyven could be the perfect assassin as an shadowfox shaman arcan, especially with his ability to climb. :twisted:

~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Elsh
Initiate
Location: Under the cupboard, reading chapter 14 of spiritwalker.

Post by Elsh »

michaelsuave wrote:
I find it interesting that Kyven is very much against being a breeder, and yet whether he is human or arcan, that is exactly how the shadowfox treats him. Though he didn't rape the prostitute in the first city (while human*) and he didn't sleep with the wolf canine arcan on the farm against his will (while arcan*) I think its interesting that the shadowfox wants to breed him. I also think its interesting that the shadowfox wants to breed the arcan kyven when she knows that if he is a breeder in the blue ring, that furriers will be after his kids' hides. :?: What good is it to the shadowfox to have a new breed of arcans, if those arcans are nothing more than dead arcans stripped of their hides to clothe humans??? :?:
Maybe she knows something Kyven and us don't know :-)

I think we're right to assume that those are the plans a breeder/furrier would have for Kyven and his children, but I sincerely doubt that Kyven will spend any significant portion of his life on a breeding farm or that the shadow fox would have him do something for nothing.
michaelsuave wrote: Also, thinking of another use for "guile and deceit." If Kyven gets in a battle with an alchemist/loreguard/shaman where they are flinging spirit magic at each other, he can disguise one type of attack as another type of attack... use his illusions to either mask the real attack/direction of attack, or mask the type of attack as something all together. Further, kyven had to imagine the lightning as sounding and looking like thunder, I wonder if he could imagine the lightning to look and sound like thunder, then imagine that sound and light being masked/muted? :?: Kind of like a silenced weapon? Currently the only silenced weapon kyven could have would be his knives, or perhaps a bow/crossbow (though we haven't really heard of those being used*). What better weapon for a creature who can hide in the shadows than lightning/fire/cold spells who give off no light or sound? Kyven could be the perfect assassin as an shadowfox shaman arcan, especially with his ability to climb. :twisted:
It'll be great to see how Kyven's control over his powers develops. I also think/hope that he will be an assassin, as effective as Tarrin/Spyder but without the major/landscape altering displays of power. I think of Kyven as a stealthy killer, making use of the the principal of minimum effort for maximum affect. I want to see less flashy and more thoughtful uses of his powers, akin to the killing of the innkeeper earlier in the story. I want him to figure out how to stop someone's heart with an electric shock, raise the temperature around/in someone high enough to cook a brain, etc. Human beings are very fragile creatures, I'm excited to see Kyven exploit this fact.
Missing chapter 14, making my way through chapter 15 and awaiting chapter 16 of Spirit Walker.
darkhand
Initiate

Post by darkhand »

I hate to be the spoil sport here, but fel already said that kyv was not an assassin, he was quiet clear about it. But who knows, maybe he was lying, it would not be the first time an author lied about their work.
peaking out from under the dark side of the hand of rl, I grin with a toothless smile.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Mysterious wrote:
giddiani wrote:The main character having such an affinity to crystals, will probably have the ability to create any type of crystal he wants, even white and black. This is going to cause him problems in the future when people find out what he can do.
Shaman's can't create White Crystals. This is for some unexplained reason that will be explained in later chapters when Kyv gets his basic training. This can be seen in this quote:

“That makes sense. So, I could make crystals?”
“It’s possible. Not all Shaman can do it, though, and not all Shaman can make all kinds of crystal. Stalker can’t make blue or green crystals. Clover can’t make black crystals. Coldfoot can only make red crystals. None of them can make white crystals.”

Though you may be right that he can make white crystals because to his affinity of crystals in general. It would certainly give a real twist in the story.

Mysterious
i know it's a bit old but....
Read your quote ....and think about it for a bit None of them can make white crystals.”

But Think about what he's being told ......none of them can ....but he might be able to. they don't know for sure yet.
But being he's told the Fox will deny him black magics ....i would bet if he can make Crystals he wouldn't ever be able to make a black crystal.

Hummm I wonder..

Phantom
Last edited by Phantom on Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)