Links to Good Reading (Part 2)

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
boballab
Sui'Kun

Re: Links to Good Reading (Part 2)

Post by boballab »

Phantom wrote: Damn i finaly read all of it he's writen so far .....and DAMN :( :(

Thanks for posting another addiction for me .... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

if your looking to read another good long Story .....this one will do it.
a 4 book set thats ....well long VERY long Book one ends up at about 1500+ pages
Book2 .....well lets just say you'll feel the need to Kill the author BADLY
but it's the short one of the bunch at just about 500 pages long..

Book 3 is back to about a 1000 + pages

Book 4 (Ongoing) is over 2000+ pages and looks to have a lot more to sill come.

This is one of those Page turner style books ....you just don't want to put it down
if you find your self Likeing it while reading the first Book ....i recomend Moving your Fridge
into your bathroom and reading the rest there .....cause you might not want to stop reading it
to go visit those places.

on the Plus side it was driving the author Crazy wondering where all these new readers were
comming from.....hehehehehehe he's only got like 300+ members in his group

this is one of those very little known Jems

even though it's all on a yahell site ........I highly recomend checking this one out ....
the books are in the Files Section
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wolvesand ... ftheBlood/

Blood before all else.

Phantom
Actually since the fourth book is in two parts and part one is finished you can actually make a case that the series is sctually in it's fifth book. Especially since the story has skip many years and the central character has shifted from the father to the son. To me it would be like trying to cram the Pyrosian Chronicles into Firestaff and call it part 2
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

boballab wrote: Actually since the fourth book is in two parts and part one is finished you can actually make a case that the series is sctually in it's fifth book. Especially since the story has skip many years and the central character has shifted from the father to the son. To me it would be like trying to cram the Pyrosian Chronicles into Firestaff and call it part 2
True Book 4 is set up as parts 1 and 2 but the Author is the one who decided that it was Book4
and while the Focus is shifted more to the Kids ...i think from chapter42 on we'll see the focus
split between the Kids (Androcles and the others) and the Father (Martin).

it seems he's writing it to cover a certian Theme or Time period in each book.
thats the why for the Part 1 and part 2

It will be very fun to watch ...I still think there will end up being a fifth book down the road.
as there is still what ever wiped out the Prators to deal with in the future.

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

I actually Emailed the author when he was asking where all the new membership suddenly came from and talked with him about alot of parrallels bewtween Firestaff and his story. He emailed back that he was thinking at least two more books and maybe some spinoffs.
I appreciate that you joined the group and liked the story. I hope you and the others remain and continue to follow. I imagine there is t least another two books in the current storyline before I entertain doing spin offs of certain characters as others have suggested.
The thing I was worried about was the way Martin followed by Androcles seem to keep getting more powerful as the story moves along and the pitfall that Fel ran into with Tarrin. That the Main character gets too powerful that it makes it extremely hard to right any more stories in the universe that touches on any character considered "family" by the main character.
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Seems I am missing something. I read chapters 1 and 2 with no problems but suddenly the links to the subsequent chapters all take me to a file not found error. Has anyone else experienced this or is it something either new that just happened?
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

afrigeek wrote:Seems I am missing something. I read chapters 1 and 2 with no problems but suddenly the links to the subsequent chapters all take me to a file not found error. Has anyone else experienced this or is it something either new that just happened?
yeah, if you go back to the chapter page, hit refresh, and then click on the button for the next chapter, then it will load up.
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

afrigeek wrote:Seems I am missing something. I read chapters 1 and 2 with no problems but suddenly the links to the subsequent chapters all take me to a file not found error. Has anyone else experienced this or is it something either new that just happened?
It's a Known Yahell thing
they have some many user's downloading and useing their servers
that you some times get that message .....

what it actualy seems to mean is the servers are not able to handle
that request at that time trying again usualy works ....
some time it takes 3 or 4 trys or waiting a few mins though..just
till the servers get a bit more free.

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
malystryx1500
Talent

Post by malystryx1500 »

Actually, I believe that the problem is related to a temporary link that yahoo gives people when linking to the files themselves. I have to refresh the window to get a new link so that I can properly download it because the links themselves change (This applies to downloaded files, and not links to directories, and such).

It is easy to tell because all of the links are from not from the groups.yahoo.com (I have f1.grp.yahoofs.com for the domain on my end, but it may be different depending on region, etc).

This is only noticed when I have the page open for too long (i.e. leaving it open between chapters), and after refreshing the page everything works, but the links change (I notice that the visited link change back to non-visited colors)
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

zedd wrote:Hi
I don't remember seeing a link to "A spartan War" yet. It's a story mixed sci-fic and fantasy. I am on chapter 5 of book 1, and it's been a very good read while I wait for Fel next chapter :) .
There's 3 books done and the fourth is being written. The group link is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wolvesand ... ftheBlood/. After joining the group look for book 1 in the files section (Time of Eden and Elves).

regards
If you haven't taken the time to check this story out well lets just say the Author has been taking lesson's in Evilness from Fel. He left his last chapter in his four book series in a cliffhanger where the lead character dies....or does he? :twisted:
firedrake3
Katzh-dashi

Post by firedrake3 »

I couldn't find it here so I'll post it.
Few days ago I stumbled onto a 2 great stories on SOL by JimWar, called The Collapse Book 1 and 2. I higly recomend, i'ts really new approach to post-apocalyptic catastrophe.
http://storiesonline.net/auth/JimWar
An objective definition of "Political Correctness":

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
nicolai
Da'Shar

Post by nicolai »

Just finished reading "The Collapse", by JimWar.

Interesting story, and fairly well done. It will be interesting to see where he takes it, since it is still a work in progress.

A much earlier variant of the same post-apocalypse theme is "Alas, Babylon" by Pat Frank (pen name of Harry Hart Frank), published in 1959.

Quite a few parallels between the stories, including location (in the same state), the post-apocalypse theme and how a group of people survive.

I don't know if Alas, Babylon is still in print, although Amazon has it listed. If it is, or if you can locate a used copy, it's a good read, and worth your time.

michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Here is a hilarious harry potter universe story called "Make a Wish." I'd liken it to nonjon's "black comedy" in that it is freaking hilarious throughout the majority of the story but mixes in the basic plot structure of JK's world. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2318355/1/Make_A_Wish
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
ThisAndThat1
Sorcerer

Post by ThisAndThat1 »

Edited by Admin: Links to, or posting illegal content is not permitted. (no pirate eBooks sites)
"Molon labe!" (Come and get them!) King Leonidas of Sparta, when asked to lay down his force's arms.

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

If tyranny & oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. James Madison

I tell ye true, liberty is the best of all things; never live beneath the noose of a servile halter. William Wallace, Address to the Scots, circa 1300

“The great object is, that every man be armed. [...] Every one who is able may have a gun.” Patrick Henry
firedrake3
Katzh-dashi

Post by firedrake3 »

Today I found a great, funny story about a very unusual MAD SCIENTIST.
http://storiesonline.net/story/59103

boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

Two new entries to the Baen Free Library to check out:

David Friedman, Harald

Chris Dolley, Resonance
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

I found a publisher that is following in Ban's footsteps and making a free library:
http://www.suvudu.com/freelibrary/

This is Random Houses version of the Baen Free Library. I haven't looked completely through it yet, but have noticed such authors as: Arthur C. Clarke, Anne McCafferty and Ben Bova listed.