Initiate

Re: Subjugation, chapter 19 - SPOILERS

Post by Lunchbox »

ohhh I love dragons, i cant wait!
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Fel wrote:That's the new one. It's about dragons. Lots and lots of dragons. But it's about them from the INSIDE, as in, the main character is a dragon (but at the beginning of the book, he doesn't KNOW he's a dragon), and you see the dragons as they see themselves, seeing their society and the world around them through their eyes.
I actually had a D&D character that was a half-dragon dragon hunter... only he didn't know it until a major battle when his powers manifested themselves... it was interesting...
aberia
Sorcerer

Post by aberia »

2 or 3 things were confusing in the chapter...

a) if the empress knew that Jason was comming then why did jason have to enter the city in the way he did :?: shouldn't she have smoothed the way for him, after all she was aware of his plan fron the kimadori. After all Jason literally handed her the Trillane Duchess head which she had being longing for. are there going to be repercussions.

b) since Jason has got back control of Earth, his objective completed, why did he not take back his leigon ring?

c) is the empress married?, kids. etc?

cyberia
Quindo Ma
Sorcerer

Post by Quindo Ma »

aberia wrote:a) if the empress knew that Jason was comming then why did jason have to enter the city in the way he did :?: shouldn't she have smoothed the way for him, after all she was aware of his plan fron the kimadori. After all Jason literally handed her the Trillane Duchess head which she had being longing for. are there going to be repercussions.

b) since Jason has got back control of Earth, his objective completed, why did he not take back his leigon ring?

cyberia
a) As the monitor said when Jason activated the Siann message, he wasn't going to tell her majesty that Jason was there.
And as Jason found out later, she was in the middle of a session, and probably didn't know about him being there until the moment he crashed into the gardens and sent his call out.

b) There's still a chapter out, and he might just go get it there, ask again after the story's over ;)

c) From what we've seen, and Fel say in forum posts, I highly doubt that she's married or has any children yet. After all, she's been running an entire civilization for the past 25-30 years, and she's just now in the prime years of the Faey lifetime. I'd expect, if it's not an arranged marriage, then it will be sometime in the next 10-20 years.
aberia
Sorcerer

Post by aberia »

Quindo Ma wrote:
aberia wrote:a) if the empress knew that Jason was comming then why did jason have to enter the city in the way he did :?: shouldn't she have smoothed the way for him, after all she was aware of his plan fron the kimadori. After all Jason literally handed her the Trillane Duchess head which she had being longing for. are there going to be repercussions.

cyberia
a) As the monitor said when Jason activated the Siann message, he wasn't going to tell her majesty that Jason was there.
And as Jason found out later, she was in the middle of a session, and probably didn't know about him being there until the moment he crashed into the gardens and sent his call out.
that is exactly what i am trying to say...if the kimadori told the empress then she could have posted warnings, put her most trusted Siann on the job.
aberia
Sorcerer

Post by aberia »

was re reading chapter 19 and was wondering...

the legion left their base in the mountain in a hurry. i am sure they left back a lot of materials, maybe some specs, maybe some weapons... definately the bubble tech, stuff like that. The Trillane also now know that that was their base. I am sure they must have raided it . Must have got a lot of black ops/secret stuuf / research... data sticks and panels/ maybe the railgul.

cyberia
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Hearly wrote:Now the question is Does he Offer Kumi a Duchess position or Countess..

I assume Duchess...

He He He Why we haven't even Seen what Kumi's reaction is going to be when she learns Jason is the Grand Duke.....Oh this could be just SO COOL.

Phantom
Last edited by Phantom on Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Sangoma
Initiate

Post by Sangoma »

We don't even know what her reaction to knowing that Karis is not a radioactive wasteland is.
Your local Witch Doctor
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

aberia wrote:
Quindo Ma wrote:

cyberia
that is exactly what i am trying to say...if the kimadori told the empress then she could have posted warnings, put her most trusted Siann on the job.
And then again maybe not .....if she had it would have tiped her hand before she was ready too ......besides She's Faey ...she was curious to see if Jason would be Strong and Smart enough to be able to make it on his own.

You realy beleive that She knew that much about what was happening and Wouldn't have been informed the instant Jason's Ship entered The System? Get real Someone or some computer would have been watching for anything strange like that. Hell the Kimdori might have told her he was on his way they knew his plans. and it sounds like she dispatched The Marines Towards earth Even before he arrived.
aberia wrote:was re reading chapter 19 and was wondering...

the legion left their base in the mountain in a hurry. i am sure they left back a lot of materials, maybe some specs, maybe some weapons... definately the bubble tech, stuff like that. The Trillane also now know that that was their base. I am sure they must have raided it . Must have got a lot of black ops/secret stuuf / research... data sticks and panels/ maybe the railgul.

cyberia
I'm sure they had plans in place for a hasty departure and it would include leaving few clues behind besides a lot of booby traps as well.

Would you want to be the First person to enter jason's lair ?

Besides sounds like they won't be allow to take much with them when they leave earth.....<grin>

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Dahnai didn't know Jason's ship had entered the system until he started his little game of tag inside the city. She was holding court, and something as routine as a ship with no identification entering the system and then leaving again in just a matter of moments wasn't worth bringing directly to her. That would have been the realm of her staff, and you saw what her staff did.

Don't worry, that weasel of a male that refused to relay the message got his. Dahnai was pissed off about it when she found out, since she WANTED Jason in that throne room. ;)

Ah yes, the Mountain. Yes, SOMEONE was smart enough order a team in there to see what was left behind. I can say that Black Ops now has the specs for the railguns and Jason's stealth technology, which isn't as good as "standard" stealth, but has some unique properties they'll try to refine and turn into a more useful system. ;)

Oh, and Dahnai? She's single, she has two children (a five year old son and three year old daughter, the Crown Princess), and I covered this in more detail in another thread.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Quindo Ma
Sorcerer

Post by Quindo Ma »

Fel wrote:Ah yes, the Mountain. Yes, SOMEONE was smart enough order a team in there to see what was left behind. I can say that Black Ops now has the specs for the railguns and Jason's stealth technology, which isn't as good as "standard" stealth, but has some unique properties they'll try to refine and turn into a more useful system. ;)
Ohh Jason is sooo going to hate that.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fel wrote:Ah yes, the Mountain. Yes, SOMEONE was smart enough order a team in there to see what was left behind. I can say that Black Ops now has the specs for the railguns and Jason's stealth technology, which isn't as good as "standard" stealth, but has some unique properties they'll try to refine and turn into a more useful system. ;)
Which makes me wonder wtf there wasn't a self-destruct system set in place? I'm sure atleast one of the tech folks there were smart enough to be able to set up something like a cascade failure for one of the large PPGs. Turn the entire mountain into glass.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

I think that part of it is because Jason never intended the mountain to be found. But things became different very, very fast, so no one had time to do anything differently. They didn't really know that Jason was on his way until he was practically on top of them, and then it was too late to plant any kind of sabotage devices.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fiferguy wrote:I think that part of it is because Jason never intended the mountain to be found. But things became different very, very fast, so no one had time to do anything differently. They didn't really know that Jason was on his way until he was practically on top of them, and then it was too late to plant any kind of sabotage devices.
I'll take that as two things -

#1 - They were setting up an alternate base, I thought - incase they were found. (ch 13/14? + a mention a little later when they picked up the kid and mother)

#2 - They had 15 minutes warning, sheesh - Luke(?) blew up the reactor (by hand) of the exomech in just a few minutes (under attack) - and they already had remote control stuff there, surely it wouldn't be too hard to rig either a time delay or remote control thingy to glass the place.