Subjugation, chapter 18 - Spoilers

Sangoma
Initiate

Re: Subjugation, chapter 18 - Spoilers

Post by Sangoma »

Fel wrote: Money: Money for the Karinnes was not an issue. This is kinda a minor spoiler, but the Karinnes refined replication technology to allow them to produce complex molecules, but they were still restricted to producing no base atom heavier than Iron (even they couldn't quite get the knack of replicating a heavy element and make it stable). They simple replicated any materials they needed, and since they could replicate precious materials like gold, well, let's say that they could produce a staggering amount of money in a short time if it became needful. Clearly, though, they saved this for true emergencies. The rest of the Imperium thought that they funded their house and their efforts via tuition fees at the Academy, but the truth was, that money just paid the salaries of the outsiders that worked there.
But if they are restricted to base elements smaller than Iron, how then do they replicate Gold since it's heaver by a whole energy level. Is it a matter of replicating a complex molecule rich with gold and refining?
Your local Witch Doctor
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

I said LIKE GOLD. ;)

Silver is also a precious metal. Faey replication technology can only replicate up to Palladium. Guess I shoulda just said "they can replicate silver" instead of being vague. ;P
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Sangoma
Initiate

Post by Sangoma »

Since Myleena has abandoned House Merrane and swore fealty to Karinne, would it be possible for other nobles to do the same thing? I mean Kumi knows money like a bean counter, and who knows how far the slavery thing goes in the Trillane anyway? Her own people trying to kill her. And jason will need someone of her questionable reputation who already knows some of the other nobles and the political scene on Draconis.
Your local Witch Doctor
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Sangoma wrote:Since Myleena has abandoned House Merrane and swore fealty to Karinne, would it be possible for other nobles to do the same thing? I mean Kumi knows money like a bean counter, and who knows how far the slavery thing goes in the Trillane anyway? Her own people trying to kill her. And jason will need someone of her questionable reputation who already knows some of the other nobles and the political scene on Draconis.
Ya I'm pretty sure Kumi will join up with Jason..
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

Well if she does we loose the Kumi-takes-over-Trillane plotline.

I wonder how Jason will man Karis , which is a PLANET...How can he run operations there and restore the planet if he has 100 people maximum who have to be other places as well? Will he try to get the other Generations and will he give Tim and Symone noble title into Karinne house?
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Metatrone wrote:Well if she does we loose the Kumi-takes-over-Trillane plotline.

I wonder how Jason will man Karis , which is a PLANET...How can he run operations there and restore the planet if he has 100 people maximum who have to be other places as well? Will he try to get the other Generations and will he give Tim and Symone noble title into Karinne house?
At least from what I understood, from what Fel wrote/said on the boards here, No one outside a few will ever know that Karis is habitable...
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

Why restore it then, if he's not using it's strategic advantages - secrecy, resources, technology and safety. All things he can't get or use on Earth safely...The perfect place for a Tech/Research base.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Metatrone wrote:Why restore it then, if he's not using it's strategic advantages - secrecy, resources, technology and safety. All things he can't get or use on Earth safely...The perfect place for a Tech/Research base.
I think you just answered your own question, Secrecy, If the Faey knew it still existed, was Habitable, just with the Food Shortages (before they took earth/Before Legion started putting a big dent in it) they'd have come in and took it over, now with him Being head of the House, He wants the planet restored, He might eventually let them know, but With the Kimdori and Humans/Faey he trusts (Legion) he would make it a Secret base from which to help Earth.. Karis's Moon has a Shipyard, he can have it start building Ships, etc..

Also something that Struck me, The scout ship is coming back to Karis, I wonder what they considered a scout ship, watch it end up being something more advanced than any Imperium warship..

Also, he already has an Army and a Fleet of Ships at his Disposal, the Kimdori, if directed by Jason, they would go to war with Trilliane I think, as Fel has said many many times, they do not take the Initiative, but will so at the direction of others, Could you just see the Grand Dutches of Trilliane Crap her pants if a Fleet of Kimdori warships dropped out of Hyperspace...
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Anyone else catch that the computer did telekenisis? (sp?)

"The image motioned with its left hand, and a tiny door opened in the floor. A pedestal rose up from the floor, and then the top of it opened, revealing a small box. To Jason’s surprise, the box rose up from the pedestal and floated over to them."

I wonder how long it will take Jason to realize that...
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Might not be telekenisis. If Faey ships can produce gravity, a similar setup in the room can produce controlled antigravity in any number of ways. Besides, if you're a computer able to control anything from the smallest robot to the largest plasma cannon - why woudl you need telekinesis?

And remember what the marines said on the way down. Modern Faey weapons weren't around when Karris got nuked. They were all invented since then. There is no guarantee that one set of advanced weapons will be any better than the other.
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

Hearly wrote:I think you just answered your own question, Secrecy, If the Faey knew it still existed, was Habitable, just with the Food Shortages (before they took earth/Before Legion started putting a big dent in it) they'd have come in and took it over, now with him Being head of the House, He wants the planet restored, He might eventually let them know, but With the Kimdori and Humans/Faey he trusts (Legion) he would make it a Secret base from which to help Earth.. Karis's Moon has a Shipyard, he can have it start building Ships, etc..

Also something that Struck me, The scout ship is coming back to Karis, I wonder what they considered a scout ship, watch it end up being something more advanced than any Imperium warship..

Also, he already has an Army and a Fleet of Ships at his Disposal, the Kimdori, if directed by Jason, they would go to war with Trilliane I think, as Fel has said many many times, they do not take the Initiative, but will so at the direction of others, Could you just see the Grand Dutches of Trilliane Crap her pants if a Fleet of Kimdori warships dropped out of Hyperspace...
No, no, I get the intentions part. But I mean why restore the equipment for a WHOLE planet with his Kimori maintainance army when he can probably fit his entire crew on the island or the moon base?

And I don't think the Kimori will be going into battle. They are active as long as restoring the house of their cousins is concern but I don't think they will meddle in the ruling of the Empire. It would mean a civil war if it comes to the interference of a third party in the struggle between two noble houses.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

ANTIcarrot wrote:Might not be telekenisis. If Faey ships can produce gravity, a similar setup in the room can produce controlled antigravity in any number of ways. Besides, if you're a computer able to control anything from the smallest robot to the largest plasma cannon - why woudl you need telekinesis?

And remember what the marines said on the way down. Modern Faey weapons weren't around when Karris got nuked. They were all invented since then. There is no guarantee that one set of advanced weapons will be any better than the other.
It might not be Anti, but why then did fel Write about Jason being suprised there were no wires, etc...
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Metatrone wrote: No, no, I get the intentions part. But I mean why restore the equipment for a WHOLE planet with his Kimori maintainance army when he can probably fit his entire crew on the island or the moon base?

And I don't think the Kimori will be going into battle. They are active as long as restoring the house of their cousins is concern but I don't think they will meddle in the ruling of the Empire. It would mean a civil war if it comes to the interference of a third party in the struggle between two noble houses.
Because just because the computer could restore 1 small island, doesn't mean that the planet in the long term can support Life, it would be like the earth being destroyed except for like Cuba, now in Cuba, they restore some tree's, etc. but the oceans are still poisoned, you'd need to keep making fresh water to feed to your plants, etc.. Long term wise, it would be better to Restore the entire planet, than trying to keep up 1 small island...
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Hearly wrote:It might not be Anti, but why then did fel Write about Jason being suprised there were no wires, etc...
Because he was surprised there were no wires?

Remember people, he is Human, not an omniscient god in human form.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Weresmilodon wrote:Because he was surprised there were no wires?

Remember people, he is Human, not an omniscient god in human form.
I understand that Were, but he's also an Inventor, who has invented things the Faey have never thought of, Now if the Faey had some type of "Gravity beams" to direct a box around a room, wouldn't he at least known about it?

I mean granted the Planet has Tech that no one's even seen before, but something like that should Perk his interest, maybe he could use it to move ships away, or re-direct Missles that were launched at him/his ship, etc...