Studies

SirVal
Initiate

Studies

Post by SirVal »

Nine weeks ago I started on my new study. (dont know the name in english, bud the exact translation = Social Legal Participant)
Its law mixed with lots of social skills to become something like a legal advisor.

Everyone's real proud of me to get the highest education in the family and for just not f*&^in around like I did before. I just have one big problem: its SOO &*/^ boring and uninteresting. Tomorrow I have my first two exams which I doubt I'll be able to get enough points for.

I've looked into lots of different studies, bud haven’t found something I'd like to do. The one I'm doing now I started because I had to do something. . . right? If I can’t find one I like I'll probably just continue this one, bud not liking it makes it kinda hard.

I'm not exceptionally good at anything and there’s nothing I'm really bad at either. The only hobbies I have are reading, movies, games and enjoying my girlfriends. . uhm. . . company, so I don’t see a solution there.

Just joining the army or start working for minimum wage probably isn’t the solution either (or maybe it is, I don’t know!?).

I'm sure I'm not the only one with the same problem (almost the same), so my question is: How did you guys find out what to do?
Sirval
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Re: Studies

Post by Fiferguy »

Well, I don't know where you are, but in the States at least, many universities have what we call Intro courses. It's basically a broad, generalized class to see if you are interested in an area. You might see if where you are has anything like that and take a few. Just an idea.
SirVal
Initiate

Post by SirVal »

I'm in Holland/The Netherland and yes we have the same here and I already tried it.

I also did like three different tests they got. Non realy helped. Two tests said I should become a shoesalesman and the other a mechanic. Like two weeks after the last test the newspaper said some shoestores had to close their busines because there weren't enough shoesalesmen in the Netherlands. Thought it was kinda fishy, bud maybe thats just me :?
I have nothing against selling shoes, bud I've already done it for six months and its not something I wanna keep doing for any longer than that. I didn't work this hard getting a good enough diploma to get into college/university (its kind of in between and here we call it high school :roll: ) to drop everything and get a job for which you dont need a diploma whatsoever(at least here you dont).

Maybe I'm not being realistic, I dont know. Im just a little lost at the moment.

Thanks Fife.
Sirval
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

No problem. I know that at times I've had serious considerations whether getting my BM in Music was the best idea in the whole world. I've found that the more I can get around people that are as serious about it as I am is a good thing. I don't know about your chosen profession, but you might try and see if there's a convention/festival/internship you might try to see if you really want to do the legal thing. I've found that I actually like festivals and such more than actual school. And remember, it's school...it's not supposed to be fun. :wink: