Jason to form his own Noble House?

ampws
Sorcerer

Jason to form his own Noble House?

Post by ampws »

So just read 1-14 in one sitting.

Lot's of weird thoughts in my head and some new directions to go from 14.

One was is jason going to build on what he has and become a merchant prince?

He now has a legal identity and a registered company. To finance his revolution he will need money lots of it. So what's to stop him developing gadgets that he can market in the imperium.

If his company becomes rich enough and powerful enough, (if you don't think it can happen think of microsoft) whats to stop him buying a patent of nobility.

Opinions Anybody?

AMPWS
codewarrior
Sorcerer

Re: Jason to form his own Noble House?

Post by codewarrior »

Well I dont really know why Jason would create a new house, especialy when as state by Fel in another post
Spoiler
Show
"The Faey that came to Earth were the remnants of the House of Karinne". So if Jasons ancectors were already a House I think it would be easier in the long run to just claim the House name. Yes there would be conflict with other houses protesting it, but I think it would be eaiser than him trying to bribe every other Noble house to let them just create a new house.

If you want to know were I got my theories from it was form this post. http://sennadar.plebian.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=575
ampws
Sorcerer

Post by ampws »

I think there might be problems with Jason trying to revive the House of Karinne the Empress Dahnai is a Merrane and would strongly be against it.

Better for jason to get recognised and then once he is a noble reveal his origins from the house Karinne. A fait accomli if you will.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

ampws wrote:I think there might be problems with Jason trying to revive the House of Karinne the Empress Dahnai is a Merrane and would strongly be against it.
I don't know how much of a threat the Empress would really find Jason if he tried to revive the House of Karinne. Afterall, he is a human even if he does have faey in his blood. On top of that, Jason is particularly clear in that he does not want to fracture the empire or take control of it, he just wants to secure the position of humanity within the imperial system. They need the empires protection from outside powers and Jason needs the empress's protection from rival houses.

~Michael 8)
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

michaelsuave wrote:
ampws wrote:I think there might be problems with Jason trying to revive the House of Karinne the Empress Dahnai is a Merrane and would strongly be against it.
I don't know how much of a threat the Empress would really find Jason if he tried to revive the House of Karinne. Afterall, he is a human even if he does have faey in his blood. On top of that, Jason is particularly clear in that he does not want to fracture the empire or take control of it, he just wants to secure the position of humanity within the imperial system. They need the empires protection from outside powers and Jason needs the empress's protection from rival houses.

~Michael 8)

The Problem would depend a lot on Faey Law and any precedence's set in the past ..

As fel said once, The Empress's House came to hold that position in part because of the destruction of and aquiring of assets left by House Karinne

If she were to lose those same asset's due to some Law, preexisting precedence's or some other cultrual basis. it's possiable that she could lose power .....maybe to the point of restarting the Civil war once again ?....

As thing's currenty stand ...jason might not see that as a bad thing.

It will be most interesting to watch ......being the Faey are telepathic from birth i dought they have much experiance with Gorilla warfare or terrorist style tactic's...at least not with someone who can mask them selfs. from sensors (both passive and active) and even protect themselfs from telepathic (if only limited) scanning.

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

So Jason is probably somewhat related to a Faey, one of th lost house, that came to earth a long time ago. But his DNA is different than faey by a margin of about 18%. That degree of DNA difference could mean a lot. I was just thinking about how cool it would be if Jason's DNA was an attempt by those faey who came to earth to create a super faey/human blend, something like that. Where eventually Jason finds that he has telekenisis or something other than just telepathy. OR maybe even pyrokenisis... that would sure make some enemy faey have a bad day. :twisted: Wah ha haha haha :twisted:
~Michael 8)
lagomilo
Sorcerer

Post by lagomilo »

michaelsuave wrote: Where eventually Jason finds that he has telekenisis or something other than just telepathy. OR maybe even pyrokenisis... that would sure make some enemy faey have a bad day. :twisted: Wah ha haha haha :twisted:
~Michael 8)
What about mirco-kenisis, use it to do his own gene resequencing and make more human telepath.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

lagomilo wrote:
michaelsuave wrote: Where eventually Jason finds that he has telekenisis or something other than just telepathy. OR maybe even pyrokenisis... that would sure make some enemy faey have a bad day. :twisted: Wah ha haha haha :twisted:
~Michael 8)
What about mirco-kenisis, use it to do his own gene resequencing and make more human telepath.
Who knows, Fel has a lot of leeway here since the doctors analyzed that Jason had a eitehr a different ancestor or that something was added to his code, or both.
~michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

michaelsuave wrote:So Jason is probably somewhat related to a Faey, one of th lost house, that came to earth a long time ago. But his DNA is different than faey by a margin of about 18%. That degree of DNA difference could mean a lot. I was just thinking about how cool it would be if Jason's DNA was an attempt by those faey who came to earth to create a super faey/human blend, something like that. Where eventually Jason finds that he has telekenisis or something other than just telepathy. OR maybe even pyrokenisis... that would sure make some enemy faey have a bad day. :twisted: Wah ha haha haha :twisted:
~Michael 8)
Fel has all ready answered the Question of How and why Jason has Faey DNA here in the forum and on IRC

one message on it is http://sennadar.plebian.net/forum/viewt ... =6900#6900

Oh and don't forget the Kimdori are naked and Fuzzy and i think they are part Vorlon too

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Phantom wrote:
Fel has all ready answered the Question of How and why Jason has Faey DNA here in the forum and on IRC

one message on it is http://sennadar.plebian.net/forum/viewt ... =6900#6900

Oh and don't forget the Kimdori are naked and Fuzzy and i think they are part Vorlon too
Phantom
Wow!... :shock: Just... Wow! I never read that post before. That explains so much. These posts should have been linked earlier. :shock:
~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

michaelsuave wrote:Wow!... :shock: Just... Wow! I never read that post before. That explains so much. These posts should have been linked earlier. :shock:
~Michael
I figured you had missed that one .....

Eye opening isn't it .....and it adds a LOT more questions to the game too

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
ampws
Sorcerer

Post by ampws »

Looks like I made some people think. :wink:

Have Fun.

Ampws.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

The empress would most likely allow him to become enobled as the means all the hoses causing trouble would be focased on him. Another species gaining nobility, based on a planet producing a sizable portion of their food, enemies to one of the most powerful houses, original technology. she probily realise kimdori influence as well. She remains in power by making the houses that make trouble play of each other. Also humans are so similar yet different to faey that it most likly causes social change.
.S.A.M.K.M
ampws
Sorcerer

Post by ampws »

No the Empress has too much to lose if she acknowleges the primacy of house Karinne.

If she finds out that the remnants of house Karinne still exist I see assasins - LOTS of Assasins. :evil:

AMPWS

ps
Fel is there such a thing as a guild of assasins in Subjugation? Given how murky empire politics is it almost calls for it.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

ampws wrote:No the Empress has too much to lose if she acknowleges the primacy of house Karinne.

If she finds out that the remnants of house Karinne still exist I see assasins - LOTS of Assasins. :evil:

AMPWS

ps
Fel is there such a thing as a guild of assasins in Subjugation? Given how murky empire politics is it almost calls for it.

LOL This Reminded me of the scene from "First Blood" ....

Sheriff Teasle: Are you telling me that 200 of our men against your boy is a no-win situation for us?

Col. Trautman: You send that many, don't forget one thing. ...

Sheriff Teasle: What?

Col. Trautman: A good supply of body bags!

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born