Demon's Bane, Chapter 6 (Spoilers)

codewarrior
Sorcerer

Demon's Bane, Chapter 6 (Spoilers)

Post by codewarrior »

Okay I am confused a little bit, mainly it is cause I am forgetting which chapter it was metion in and I am to lazy right now to search for it.
Spoiler
Show
My question is the old lady the same as the one before and is it just me or was she somehow an avatar or another form of Niami. If she is Niami how did she freeze/pause the solar and planetar, I thought other gods were almost power less in the crossroad especaily close to the core.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Demon's Bane, Chapter 6 (Spoilers)

Post by Lochar »

codewarrior wrote:Okay I am confused a little bit, mainly it is cause I am forgetting which chapter it was metion in and I am to lazy right now to search for it.
Spoiler
Show
My question is the old lady the same as the one before and is it just me or was she somehow an avatar or another form of Niami. If she is Niami how did she freeze/pause the solar and planetar, I thought other gods were almost power less in the crossroad especaily close to the core.
She's not of Niami. She's quite a bit higher in the hierarchy than that, from what we can tell. She's either the GoG itself, or a direct manifestation of the GoG's will.

Alright, now for my remarks. Very, very cool. And although Eron doesn't seem to have any Sennadar abilities, he does seem to either be able to see directly into the Astral or he can do something even the Deva couldn't, and can track his father across the Planes... Just how good was Eron's tracking ability when he was a kid? LOL

Also,
Tarrin’s wings, a facet of himself he had kept scrupulously hidden the entire time, exploded out from his back, even as he reached out to the side, and caused his staff to rise up and race to his open paw.

I'm pretty sure Tarrin's wings were out when he went into the ambush from the Demons.
Tarrin’s wings were a creation of his divine power, and their power too would fail when he got within one hundred longspans of the Core, though the wings themselves would not disappear, as they were considered a part of him and would not disappear any more than his arms or legs would…but they would be trapped in whatever shape they held when he crossed into that area where no power functioned.
Did he just not use them then when the Deva would see him?
His wings flowed from his back and filled out to their full size, and for a moment, Fury looked at him with an expression of indignance.
Here in Ch. 4 he did use them, but I guess everyone was too distracted by the nice bonfire he'd built out of the Mage's Council for anyone to notice.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Where Tarrin was at when he forced the Planetar to summon a Solar was a place where Deva powers functioned, and thus he could use his divine powers. After all, if the Planetar didn't have access to his powers, he couldn't summon a Solar.

The area where he first misled the Deva and maneuvered them into a position where he could get at the Planetar, the Mytre neighborhood, was an area where Deva powers didn't work, but his divine powers would, giving him an advantage. That was one reason why he selected it.

The area where he was ambushed by the Demons when going to see the sage, very close to the Core, was a place where NO powers functioned except a Solar's...not Demon, not Deva, not even divine powers. That was where his wings would have been stuck.

The other times when he used his wings, he was either out of sight of the Deva, or he killed everyone that saw them. Some of the Demons knew he has those wings, but the Deva didn't. And Deva and Demons dont' often communicate. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Ah, ok. One more question then.

Tarrin gave the amulets back, but... are the essences still in his soul? Or now that he doesn't have them anymore they've been removed as well.

Support my brother.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

When he gave back all the amulets, he lost his ability to use their powers. Those powers were in the amulets, after all.

But the taint of darkness and the corruption of light are still in him, bound in his left and right arms. I never really mention it because Tarrin's will is so strong that they have no chance of influencing him, but it is still there.

So he's lost his stolen powers, but the price he paid to use them is still there.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Fel wrote:When he gave back all the amulets, he lost his ability to use their powers. Those powers were in the amulets, after all.

But the taint of darkness and the corruption of light are still in him, bound in his left and right arms. I never really mention it because Tarrin's will is so strong that they have no chance of influencing him, but it is still there.

So he's lost his stolen powers, but the price he paid to use them is still there.
Veddy veddy interesting. And since it's tied into his soul, getting his body from Spyder's house shouldn't make any difference when he drops the divinity.

Support my brother.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

ok...Lochar, you just made me start another thread just to answer this question. I hope you're happy. :P
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Fel wrote:ok...Lochar, you just made me start another thread just to answer this question. I hope you're happy. :P
I win! 8)

Support my brother.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Die Henry. ;)
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Henry died a long time ago. Only I, Henrathresbentorakargitozmariquivimyxiels remain!

Support my brother.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Hmm.. I think the gods of Senndar are going to be very very scared to get near Tarrin as long as he has that bow... I mean I'm not sure how it would work on the Icon of a god, but you gotta think it would be like a 1 hit banish if not kill them period...

Heck even thinking about the bow, why does he have to bother with the One, just go back to Pyrosia and kill the Demon Lord with the bow...
Lunchbox
Initiate

Post by Lunchbox »

he has to actually get near the person he wants to kill , then hit them with it. its cant be as easy as it sounds :wink:
codewarrior
Sorcerer

Post by codewarrior »

I think Tarrin wants to get rid of the One also cause eventualy he will be able to rebuild his icon and come back. So why try killing 2 people when you can kill just one and get rid of both. It is like a sale at wallmart or something.

Kill the One, Bannish the second one for FREE
Limit 1 per Customer
Last edited by codewarrior on Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Lunchbox wrote:he has to actually get near the person he wants to kill , then hit them with it. its cant be as easy as it sounds :wink:
it would probably be a lot easier once he gets back his body, he can turn into a cat and just stroll around, and then wham..
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

codewarrior wrote:I think Tarrin wants to get rid of the One also cause eventualy he will be able to rebuild his icon and come back. So why try killing 2 people when you can kill just one and get rid of both.
Remember though, trying to kill a God on their home plane is the definition of IMPOSSIBLE. And it will take hundreds of years for the One to rebuild his icon. By that time, his worshipers will be either killed off or lose faith, because even his priests won't be able to contact him without an icon. And the other Gods of Pyrosia will be able to influence things then as well. So even if the One does manage to come back, he will be so much less powerful that it won't be a problem. And the other Gods probably wouldn't make the same mistake twice in allowing the One to get that much power again. Of course, you might just be able to kill all the One's worshipers, and kill him that way.