Books in PDF

Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Books in PDF

Post by Metatrone »

Last edited by Metatrone on Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Re: Books in PDF

Post by Shadowhawk »

I hope that you will make the PDF version of the books available to all of us, either by sending them to Spec8472 or CanisD to post on their "backup" site, or post here as attachements to the posts. I also hope that the PDF version have functioning Table of Contents in the Bookmarks tab.

As to the image of Shaeram: attached here is the PDF version of my shaeram image, and the MetaPost source of this image. The PDF version was generated from the source using <tt>MPtoPDF</tt> utility (MPtoPDF 1.2, MetaPost 0.641, Web2C 7.4.5, pdfeTeX 3.14159-1.10b-2.1, teTeX 2.0.2-8).

That is the best I can come on short notice. You might try to modify the source file yourself, or wait for the better version to be attached.
Attachments
shaeram-1.pdf
Shaeram image, in PDF (vector) format, first image in shaeram.mp source file.
(1.47 KiB) Downloaded 759 times
shaeram.mp.txt
Shaeram, MetaPost source file for the image.
Change name to shaeram.mp, removing .txt extension.
(11.71 KiB) Downloaded 634 times
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

OK, no problem. They'll be ready tomorrow I just have to find an Acrobat Pro. I was actually using a convertor but it does't have option for bookmarks.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Feel free to upload the PDFs here, if you need to upload larger files (>5MB), just say so and I'll increase your limit.

If someone wants to, and can make a working single MS Word doc, complete with Table of Contents, from which MS Reader, PDF, and such can be generated... please put it up here too.

Note, if the file type isn't in the allowed list - just zip it and upload.
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

OK, here we go. Check out this one and comment. If it's allright I'll make the rest tomorrow. It has tagged Bookmarks of the chapters, the Table of Content is also in hyperlinks, and the Shearem image is a link to sennadar.plebian.net.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

I have just browsed through your PDF version of "Tower of Sorcery", first book in Firestaff Series. The table of contents is in the bookmarks tab (although I don't know why the first item is the way it is), which is very nice. Table of contents is hyperlinked, which is also nice.

First of all, it is "Kael Chronicles", not "Keal Chronicles".

Second, and that might be because of default settings of the program you used to create the PDF file, the info reads "Titlle: Chapter 1" (should read: "Title: Tower of Sorcery" or "Title - Firestaff Series - 01 Tower of Sorcery"), "Subject:" (might read "Subject: Sennadar Series"), and "Author: Ian Cole" (should read "Author: James Galloway").

Third, what file did you use for shaeram image? I would also compose the first page differently, perhaps somewhat like the Scuttle cover: Book-1.jpg.

Thanks again for creating the PDF file.
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

Hmm, I forgot about the info, I'll fix that.

Keal. Missed it

I made that shaeram, I got creative in Corel. When I used the one that you posted for some reason the colours changed and it turn out rather ugly.

I also made a another cover, I forgot I could use the other one. I'll put the blue one I think it's better.
Attachments
Tower.Of.orcery.jpg
TStyle
Sorcerer

Post by TStyle »

I've got all the books in PDF form. Give me a day and I'll get the bookmarks setup in them and get them on the forums.
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

You'll have to make them again, Added bookmarks don't always work.
Any ideas what I could make for covers of the rest of the books, or wether the person who did this one could do some more?
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

Allright, at last I found some time today to finish this. Here are the first 5 books, the whole Sennadar series. They are supposed to be structured the same way. I've corrected the mistakes of the first version. Enjoy!

P.S. I'll make the Pyrisian books once I came back home, I want to make a different cover for them. So you'll have them about 26-27 Dec.
Attachments
Shadow.Realm.pdf
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 1749 times
Honor.And.Blood.pdf
(3.13 MiB) Downloaded 3700 times
The.Questing.Game.pdf
(2.43 MiB) Downloaded 1389 times
Tower.Of.Sorcery.pdf
(2.27 MiB) Downloaded 3405 times
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

Book 5
Attachments
Weavespinner.pdf
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 1580 times
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

To CanisD and/or Spec8472: could you put PDF version of the books at http://sennadar.plebian.net/downloads.htm when they reach final version? Thanks in advance...
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Shadowhawk wrote:could you put PDF version of the books at http://sennadar.plebian.net/downloads.htm when they reach final version?
Yep, can do.
Scuttle
Talent

Post by Scuttle »

Metatrone wrote:Book 5
Hrm... While I applaude the initiative of creating pdfs, I do have some comments :)
First, justify the lines so they are of equal length, this makes the text much easier to read, especially when reading long texts.
Second, try to make the pages equally "long". If you flip through your pdfs you notice that some pages are shorted than others, probably because they end with an extra linebreak
Third, you have a nice index, but the pages have no numbers...:)

Oh, and what kind of pages are these meant for? 8,5x11, is that the "letter" size? We have a completely different size on our papers here in europe (A4 etc.) so I'm not that familiar.

My pdfs are still available at http://filer.frilansredaktionen.com/Lulu.zip

They are meant for "real" books at 6x9 inches.
medico69
Novice

Post by medico69 »

Metatrone wrote:Allright, at last I found some time today to finish this. Here are the first 5 books, the whole Sennadar series. They are supposed to be structured the same way. I've corrected the mistakes of the first version. Enjoy!

P.S. I'll make the Pyrisian books once I came back home, I want to make a different cover for them. So you'll have them about 26-27 Dec.
I would really like it if you could post the Pyrisian series (books 1 & 2) as soon as possible. :wink: