Fun With Faey tech

ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Fun With Faey tech

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Jason came up with a fun list of novel applications for Faey technology. Anyone care to try the same? ;)

Convert the plasma from a PPG back into it's natural violent state, mix it with water,  and you have a nuclear thermal rocket. One quite capable of launching a small sea-ship into orbit. Lots of Faey on Earth. Aren't that many in the asteroid belt. Anyone want to set up a ligitimate mining concern?

Modify the safeties in a PG so that instead of dumping the core in deep space it dumps it a few hundred miles away. Get the aim right and you have a rather effective anti-orbit weapon system.

Anyone else?

ANTIcarrot.
I is an certified nut
MechCraft
Initiate

Re: Fun With Faey tech

Post by MechCraft »

on jason's skimmer redirect the plasma flow going to the engines and have it blast directly out from the engine ports  (AFTERBURNER)

or have a ppg with a direct pipe facing up with a couple of splitters and attach a grill rack and hotplate, instant BBQ

underpower the railgun and use it to drive nails into wood for building houses.

overpower it, add 4more barrels and you have a serious nail gun (doom 2)

what fun you could have..... ;D
When the world bows before you, dont forget to wipe your feet.
thisandthat
Sorcerer

Post by thisandthat »

Or hang a hologram system on his ship and presto chango his ship is any other ship or thing he wants it to be.

Fly around in the sky on a clear sunny day the ship is invisible. This would beat the stuffings out of the robins egg blue paint the AF slaps on our planes.

NOTE:
*.* Had to fix the fat fingered text *.*
Last edited by thisandthat on Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Molon labe!" ("Come and get them!")

—King Leonidas of Sparta,
when asked to lay down his force's arms.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Ok here are a few
  • [1]
    (Ok this one is mostly Jason's Tech based off Faey tech)
    Adapt Jason's Existing Weapons Railgun and sensor tech
    to allow building a Fixed installation Weapon Capable of firing large size projectiles at great speed.
    Tie in Sensors to allow the weapon to hide it's self as well as autotrack targets.
    Could be also built as a totally automated assembly in time permits  so they could be dropped in random locations and fire in fully automated or manualy remoted control
  • [2]
    Seeing the Explanations of MPAC's I had an idea of Introducing a MPAC Plasma round in to Jason's railgun in place of the normal projectiles ...being the plasma is surrounded in a magnetic field.  the charges could be set to a negitive or postive only charge and the gun could set so the coils the attract or repel that charge.

Allowing Jason's gun to fire these rounds at very high speed...there by adding a large kinetic  force to the plasma round.  

This maybe be a little much for a personal weapon but a crew served or fixed installations weapon could be just devastating.  allowing it to take out larger targets such as fighters or even Space based ships and other Instalations in orbit

The Kinetic Force could help to Crack armor before the Plasma charge was released against the target.  kind of like a shaped charge weapon like a lot of antitank weapons now in use.
  • [3]
    Useing wave guides and a ppg
    Allow Converting the plasma back into it's natural violent state at the end of the wave guide.
    Forcing the plasma out through a Nozzle of some sort
    in a Handheld gun configuration alowing the Superheated plasma to act like a Super Flame thrower
    Super heated Plasma released in this manner shold be able to overcome most if not all types of Armor... Remember in this state it's not Multiphased how ever that is also a possiablity  and it's being released in greater quanity then a nornal Mpac round or several rounds.  
    As a Weapon it should be quite a hit.  
There are a few others but i'l wiat to post them later maybe

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

This is really nothing that great but if Jason has a community that has a water tub, what would be interesting is getting a fire hose that instead of water it fires the chemicles that he used to melt the armor the fey use. Remember that that armor makes projectile weapons (apart from the rail gun) useless. This application would allow normal humans without fey tech to kill the fey.

Remember what he did to the car the day the fey followed him around naked, where he sent it haning about 50 meters above the ground and spoke about if a certain part failed they would need to get it out of orbit? Would you really need to attach them onto the vechicle for that to work or could you throw them on and let them stick. It would be a highly effective weapon.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

• Intangible: making armor or exomech intangible, i.e. able to pass thru solid mater, via some pseudo-science moving into some quantum state (phased-out, as compared to multi-phased). Restrictions: 1) huge amount of energy proportional to either mass, or to surface area of the object, which means very short time of application - don't get stuck into something. Ouch.; 2) restricting to everything inside lump of matter acted upon, and everything inside; maybe everything in contact; read: no contact with earth during becoming intangible; 3) all the forces still acts upon you (or not - alternate rules), including gravity[/b] - you don't want to sunk into earth; 4) energy drain may depend on the dnesity of the matter you are moving through.
  • Shielding from gravity detectors: because I think about gravity in terms of general relativity theory (which makes me wonder how the antigravity is possible), the only way I can think of about how to hide from gravity distortion generators (gravimeters: even now the gravimeters have precision which allows them to see tide from the Moon, and changes in e.g snow mass in nearby mountain) is to take an idea for faster than light travel, i.e. putting vehicle into some kind of somewhat detached from the rest of universe gravity bauble (needs exotic energy - but with antigrav I think it is possible). The problem might be with accelerating and moving such vehicle; changes of direction and larger acceleration must be done by manipulating G-bauble, and it might show on grav detectors - but with very, very strange signature. So the operators might dismiss it as some kind of detector failure or some kind of glitch.

Attention: this should be something which ight not occur to Jason, as it is not his area of expertise. And probably need building vehicle from scratch.
I wonder if Fel is reading this thread. And what is possible in Subjugation science rules.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Hmm, How about a telepathy blocker? I mean It has to be carried on some wavelength doesn't it? Just like Sight and sound, so if it is, there should be a way to block it.
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

The blocking probably falls under the same category as using Telepathy. I.e to block or use it in piloting machines, which has been said that the Fey do not know how, you would be required to find the frequency.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

belgarion213 wrote:The blocking probably falls under the same category as using Telepathy. I.e to block or use it in piloting machines, which has been said that the Fey do not know how, you would be required to find the frequency.

True but with Jason's abilities, to me if Telepathy really would exist it has to be carried on some frequency/wavelength, Maybe instead of blocking it, he creates an item that interferes with that wave length..

hmmm.... hmmm.. could you see that, him coming up with an item that negates there telepathy worldwide...
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

hearly wrote:

True but with Jason's abilities, to me if Telepathy really would exist it has to be carried on some frequency/wavelength, Maybe instead of blocking it, he creates an item that interferes with that wave length..

hmmm.... hmmm.. could you see that, him coming up with an item that negates there telepathy worldwide...
It seems to me that being able to block Telepathy would only be part of what you could do with that type of Knowledge....

Just Think about it.....  
If you can control it enough to block it or even interfere with it.

You would know enough about it to be able to build Telepathic machine interfaces..  Something the Faey have wanted to be able to do for years.

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

phantom wrote:
It seems to me that being able to block Telepathy would only be part of what you could do with that type of Knowledge....

Just Think about it.....  
If you can control it enough to block it or even interfere with it.

You would know enough about it to be able to build Telepathic machine interfaces..  Something the Faey have wanted to be able to do for years.

Phantom

Dang that is a good idea, I could see Jason coming up with somthing like that for the Mech....
Hallmist
Sorcerer

Post by Hallmist »

Yea, but telepathic inputs to machines (seems to be) what Dragon Star is based on.  So i'd bet, to keep the storylines and universes completely seperate, Fel won't have Jason invent a telepathic interface.
Scientists dream it up.
Engineers make it work.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

hallmist wrote:Yea, but telepathic inputs to machines (seems to be) what Dragon Star is based on.  So i'd bet, to keep the storylines and universes completely seperate, Fel won't have Jason invent a telepathic interface.

True, but developing something that either Enhibits (sp?) it or disruptes it would be a good thing....

Remebering back he had that "trick" that would have made all the Faey's hair fall out because of a certain Fish they ate that humans and most other races didn't, I'm wondering if he finds out what Gene is responsible for telepathy he might be able to develop a virus that would just affect Faey using that same Fish as a marker?
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

IIRC, part of the containment system for a PPG involves distorting space/time to make it bigger on the inside than on the outside. This is how they get away with holding a small sun.

If you can pull the same trick to make 20miles to fit into a 2cm gap in armor, then you'd be 'too far away' for telepaths to get to you, even if you're standing right next to them.

Fun part is, unless the faey have tried to put someone in a PPG type device, they might not know about this efect. ;)

ANTIcarrot.
Last edited by ANTIcarrot on Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I is an certified nut
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

• Mind-Machine Interface (and only one-directional). I is something that should be possible even with our level of technology. Take some sensors measuring brain activity: EEG, EMG (magnetic field). Use positive biofeedback (with reasonable starting point) for "willing" something to do: first moving dot on the screen, then something more complicated... up to piloting exo-mech. Maybe some input from electric fields from starting muscle movement (for movement). Add to that mini-AI (neural network, fuzzy logic or genetic algorithm) for interpreting those brain activity into moves. In the end you have mind-machine interface, useable by only one person, the one trained to do it.
  • Ambient Radar or Radar Tomography. Usually stealth airplanes and vehicles rely on either absorbing radar waves, or on deflecting/diffracting them, so there are very small percent of them returning to the radar. But if you take set of radars, each with its own encoded pulse, so the receivier always know from which radar the pulse came from, you can make computer radar tomography of some area. If the radar wave gets deflected, there is chance that it would be caught by another receivier; absorbtion of radar waves would show as distortion on radar image of area. It would be hard to subvert...
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")