Hmm, Jason's Sister.....

Hearly
Speed Racer!

Hmm, Jason's Sister.....

Post by Hearly »

I'm wondering if it's a "true" sister or just sister as a term..

Lets think about it, Jason's Father seems to have a Mythic standing in Jason's Eye's, I wonder if it could be that he was Human and had an affair/GF  on the side that produced a sister to Jason without Jason knowing about it, or if it's a "sister" in Faith/Beliefs....

which do you think Fel is shooting for?
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Re: Hmm, Jason's Sister.....

Post by J-Man5 »

hearly wrote:I'm wondering if it's a "true" sister or just sister as a term..

Lets think about it, Jason's Father seems to have a Mythic standing in Jason's Eye's, I wonder if it could be that he was Human and had an affair/GF  on the side that produced a sister to Jason without Jason knowing about it, or if it's a "sister" in Faith/Beliefs....

which do you think Fel is shooting for?

That's why we NEED the next chapter(s) from Fel!  Hey Fel you listening?   Any chance we're gonna get a new chapter soon?  Or are you wrapped up in a Major EQ event/exploit?  Inquiring minds want to know.  

I've just spent the last two weeks recovering from a greuling tax season and read all of the Firestaff and Pyrosian series and the three other "Sci-Fi" Other universe stories.  So now I really am up in arms as to which series I want to see more of next.  My answer - ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!  

Hope life is good Fel.  

Personally I think that  Jason's "sister" will be a sister in Faith/Beliefs and soul.  Much as Tarrin's sisters were related to him in more ways than blood.  Jason may find that he is family or clan to many many other in his universe.  

J-Man5
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

j-man5 wrote:

That's why we NEED the next chapter(s) from Fel!  Hey Fel you listening?   Any chance we're gonna get a new chapter soon?  Or are you wrapped up in a Major EQ event/exploit?  Inquiring minds want to know.  

I've just spent the last two weeks recovering from a greuling tax season and read all of the Firestaff and Pyrosian series and the three other "Sci-Fi" Other universe stories.  So now I really am up in arms as to which series I want to see more of next.  My answer - ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!  

Hope life is good Fel.  

Personally I think that  Jason's "sister" will be a sister in Faith/Beliefs and soul.  Much as Tarrin's sisters were related to him in more ways than blood.  Jason may find that he is family or clan to many many other in his universe.  

J-Man5

Ya but it took a few chapter for that to develop, Her (it) saying that his sister would be holding a sword but that she wouldn't strike him, Made me almost think... That could be it...

The Human Girl Telepath they took from Earth, Could she be returned to Earth to "ferret" out Jason? And That is why she's refered to as his "sister" ?
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

hearly wrote:

Ya but it took a few chapter for that to develop, Her (it) saying that his sister would be holding a sword but that she wouldn't strike him, Made me almost think... That could be it...

The Human Girl Telepath they took from Earth, Could she be returned to Earth to "ferret" out Jason? And That is why she's refered to as his "sister" ?
And what you believe is both right and wrong. You set a dangerous path, but its a path others are helping to carve from the wilderness. Youll find your sister behind you, wielding your sword, helping you find your way.

Fel Wrote that she would also be helping him to find his way.  

I still think his Sister is going to be a Faey  won't that just grate on his beliefs? :P  

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

phantom wrote:
And what you believe is both right and wrong. You set a dangerous path, but its a path others are helping to carve from the wilderness. Youll find your sister behind you, wielding your sword, helping you find your way.

Fel Wrote that she would also be helping him to find his way.  

I still think his Sister is going to be a Faey  won't that just grate on his beliefs? :P  

Phantom
Maybe but then why the word Sister? and Not like Mentor/Friend/colleage(sp?) to me Fel using the word Sister is important (or he was thinking of Tarrin and his "sisters" when he used the word sister...)

Sister by Blood
Sister by Telepathy
Sister by Faith

I mean if it's telepathy, he's already got 2 "sisters" helping him in the wilderness already and why not mention that if thats what he meant..., So it either has to be blood or Faith...

heh ya Fel, Your probably getting a good chuckle out of us Overanalyzing things.. :P
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

hearly wrote:
Maybe but then why the word Sister? and Not like Mentor/Friend/colleage(sp?) to me Fel using the word Sister is important (or he was thinking of Tarrin and his "sisters" when he used the word sister...)

Sister by Blood
Sister by Telepathy
Sister by Faith

I mean if it's telepathy, he's already got 2 "sisters" helping him in the wilderness already and why not mention that if thats what he meant..., So it either has to be blood or Faith...

heh ya Fel, Your probably getting a good chuckle out of us Overanalyzing things.. :P
Thats the one thing i'm still tring to figure out

I thought about Symone and Temika but i kinda had to discount them ...With Symone theres the Helping Friends thing  ::) ::)  then theres Temika I don't think she is the Sister i'm just not sure why not but i just don't see her in that role...

(Note to Fel: this does not mean you have to make her the sister now ;) just because i wrote this )

Not Sister By Blood
Sister by Telepathy      Could be.
Sister by Faith              Once again maybe

By Wielding his Sword    Saving Jason's life in some way  ......very possibly.
She could very well end up being his Twin in Abilities.

How do we know the ones who chose .........chose only one?

Phantom

Note to self : Dos attack on EQ servers would be a good thing  ;D
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

phantom wrote: Thats the one thing i'm still tring to figure out

I thought about Symone and Temika but i kinda had to discount them ...With Symone theres the Helping Friends thing  ::) ::)  then theres Temika I don't think she is the Sister i'm just not sure why not but i just don't see her in that role...

(Note to Fel: this does not mean you have to make her the sister now ;) just because i wrote this )

Not Sister By Blood
Sister by Telepathy      Could be.
Sister by Faith              Once again maybe

By Wielding his Sword    Saving Jason's life in some way  ......very possibly.
She could very well end up being his Twin in Abilities.

How do we know the ones who chose .........chose only one?

Phantom

Note to self : Dos attack on EQ servers would be a good thing  ;D

Also what is his sword? it's a metaphor for something else.. Maybe his cause? If so he has Many "brothers" and "sisters" in the wilderness and in the civilized areas...

heh na no Dos attack in EQ servers, just have them bring them down for a few days for Maintance.. :P or at least the server he plays on :P
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

Actually he does not have many brother/sisters in the wilderness. They want the Fey Gone from earth. Jason knows that cant happen if Humans want to survive. Jason wants the Humans to gothern themselves.
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Jason knows that [the faey leaving] cant happen if Humans want to survive.
Ahem: Jason *believes* that can't happen.

Jason may be a ninja and a physic and a briliant engineer and the centre of convoluted galatic politics (hmm again) but that doesn't mean he's right. He's been wrong before.

Besides it's also important for Earth's long term survival that the Faey get weened off their dependency. Until then Earth is a strategicaly vital planet and any sane plan to attack the Imperium is going to begin STAGE ONE: Destroy All Life On Earth. There will be ways to do that the Faey can't stop.

It's not really in humanity's interests to have their planet be one big bullseye. Because sooner or later, someone's going to take that shot, and they might not miss.

ANTIcarrot.
I is an certified nut
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

anticarrot wrote:
Ahem: Jason *believes* that can't happen.

Jason may be a ninja and a physic and a briliant engineer and the centre of convoluted galatic politics (hmm again) but that doesn't mean he's right. He's been wrong before.

Besides it's also important for Earth's long term survival that the Faey get weened off their dependency. Until then Earth is a strategicaly vital planet and any sane plan to attack the Imperium is going to begin STAGE ONE: Destroy All Life On Earth. There will be ways to do that the Faey can't stop.

It's not really in humanity's interests to have their planet be one big bullseye. Because sooner or later, someone's going to take that shot, and they might not miss.

ANTIcarrot.
That's just it Jason knows Earth Needs the Faey ....

And there is no real way to get rid of them now.

also Earths location is known to more then just the Faey.

Because the Faey now need Earth for the food it produces your not going to ever be able to wean them off of it Earth right now produce's 20% of all Faey food.

so what do you do?.

What Jason has realized and is trying to do ..is to remove House Trillane from Power on Earth While not Pissing off the Imperium.  

that's the whole ball of wax as it currently stands

1. Remove House Trillane from Governing Earth
2. Keep the Empress and the Rest of the Imperium happy
3. Remain a Part of the Faey Imperium (Abet Maybe Self governed)
4. Try not to get killed while doing 1-3

But the real question here in this thread is Jason's Sister

So who or what is this sister Miaari Spoke of ?

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

A US tank sitting on an Iraqi street corner does not protect the area from RPG-7 tooting terrorists, it *draws* RPG-7 tooting terrorists to the area. It does more harm than good. Ditto for the faey.

All it takes is one really dirty bomb. Or one mid sized PPG with a couple of modifacations. Either goes off in the earths atmosphere and it's game over. I don't think the faey could stop that. And I'm pretty sure that if they weren't here, we wouldn't be worth the effort.

As to how you wean the faey of earth - humans have known how to make artificial worlds for the past twenty odd years. O'Neil Colony varients would be a good solution for the Imperium, and much easier to defend than earth is.

ANTIcarrot.
I is an certified nut
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

anticarrot wrote:A US tank sitting on an Iraqi street corner does not protect the area from RPG-7 tooting terrorists, it *draws* RPG-7 tooting terrorists to the area. It does more harm than good. Ditto for the faey.

All it takes is one really dirty bomb. Or one mid sized PPG with a couple of modifacations. Either goes off in the earths atmosphere and it's game over. I don't think the faey could stop that. And I'm pretty sure that if they weren't here, we wouldn't be worth the effort.

As to how you wean the faey of earth - humans have known how to make artificial worlds for the past twenty odd years. O'Neil Colony varients would be a good solution for the Imperium, and much easier to defend than earth is.

ANTIcarrot.
While what you point out is true today ...think about it a little more.

Faey Sensors and detection gear is Much much better then anything we currently have.   Plus add in that Anyone's thoughts are open at all times. just passing near to a Faey  and Bam your caught all of the rest of the gang is caught... your shipped off and reprogrammed  maybe reprogrammed to go back and Spy for the Faey.

Talk about Big Brother this is way beyond 1984

As for Dirty bombs I sure a lot of that stuff has already been removed by the Faey or rendered harmless.
After all the Faey did clean up the earth in under 2 years. that includes Litter, Smog, Radioactive waste and more.   if they can decontaminate some of those sites
This inst exactly the first time the Faey have taken over a planet or two  don't forget Fel already told us how the Faey scoutted the earth first ...How can you be sure your partner in Crime isn't a Faey or a Kimdori..?

I'm pretty sure even if a Dirty bomb could get through it would be cleaned up in a very short period of time.

But remember like Jason they have to Defeat the Faey sensors Active Passive and Video.. and the telepathic mind sweeps. IF  and just IF mind you... you make it through all of those then you will be detected once you set it off ....Telepathic mind rape and reprogramming is I assume not very pretty.  and Faey medicine can cure a lot  combat injuries seems to be high on their list.

that means they might even bring back suicide bombers
hell they don't even have to regain consciousness to be scanned and reveal every thing you know...

I'm not saying it couldn't happen but it's not very likely
Jason has Several Ace's up his Sleeve others don't have.

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Plus add in that Anyone's thoughts are open at all times.
Not so. They can't read the Kimdori. We can extrapolate they can't read alien telepaths, who are probably as capable of hiding their thoughts as Jason is.

And my concern is threats from outside the imperium. If one of the other alien races tries to knock over the imperium we're a major target. If the faey weren't on earth the invaders would probably pass us by as they'd have bigger things to worry about.

ANTIcarrot.
I is an certified nut
MorbidRealities
Talent

Post by MorbidRealities »

Curious...so Jason can sence a Kimdori, right? Perhaps he is somehow related to their species? The Kimdori admitedly call one another brother or sister within their clans. If so then the Kimdori "Kate" would wield the sword of intelligence :?: Fel still hasn't gone into detail about Jasons mother yet. So perhaps....just maybe that will be a plot twist.

As for the "she/it" comment...I'm pretty sure they have two distinct sexes. "Kate" refers to her sister that sent her and her brother she thinks would have made a better choice except for the fact that Jason would be uncomfortable with pretending to be intimately involved with a male in the guise of a female

Just my 2 cents :)
Last edited by MorbidRealities on Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MorbidRealities
Talent

Post by MorbidRealities »

I was just thinking back to the earlier chapter when Jason was "taught" the Fey language...it seemed that he suffered a more severe reaction that the rest...

This could be due to Jys giving him a better understanding of the language because her mother was some sort of teacher...or because of his own budding powers...OR...because his mind might not be completely human?

The Kimdori kept asking him to look for the "WHY" and not the how...they know the how..which is genetics...but not the why..so perhaps Jasons sister will actually be his sister..or half-sister..

I'm thinking the "Sister" thing will all hinge on Jasons mother and her story...

again...just my 2 cents...

Fel..thanks for writing such wonderful stories :D