Updatish.

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Fel
Weavespinner

Updatish.

Post by Fel »

I've not had any time to write for the last two months, because I've been working 72-80 hours a week, due to the fact that all but two of us at work suddenly quit, leaving the two of us to cover the post 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I worked over a month, 12 hours a day, without a day off.

However, I'm done with that and am back on a 40 hour schedule, thanks to them FINALLY hiring new people, so I'll be starting the next chapter very soon.

Of what...I haven't decided. I'm not sure I'm ready to move on with Revelation. I've been stalling on that because I keep changing the intended plot line, then I realize I didn't think things through and have to change it again. Lather, rinse, repeat. That story is a case of me writing it TOO fast, thinking I'd have plenty of time to fully plan out this final major story arc, but then I suddenly got there and was like "oh **** now what?"

So, most likely I'll be doing either a chapter or two of Familiar to continue stalling, or begin the next planned story arc of CO Online.

Just FYI, I have plans to write CO all the way out until the spin-off rejoins the main story timeline with Kevin's wedding, so you get to see everything that happened and how Kevin and and the gang got there.

The main reason for this is simple. Kevin Ball and Rita Estobar are VERY IMPORTANT characters come the end of Revelation, and I kinda like the idea of you guys getting the chance to really get to know them inside and out.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
wetnomad
Katzh-dashi

Re: Updatish.

Post by wetnomad »

Thanks for the update Fel. 80 hours a week is insane - and good for leading anyone to start making mistakes due to simple tiredness. Makes me glad I'm now retired! :)
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Hopefully they either pay you time and a half or
Double/Triple time for hours over 40. If not that you and your teammate deserve at least spot bonuses for keeping the lights on and running. I mean you two were the value of all people they are hiring.

J-Man5
khyranleander
Initiate

Post by khyranleander »

More Familiar is good. But writing out "Citadel Online merges with Revelation"... should I be feeling chills?
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

And any one shots of Tarrin are always appreciated.
books
Talent

Post by books »

getting a bit twitter patted here.... like any other 5 year old, I want it NOW!

All joking aside those kind of hours are ridiculous, from another happily retired individual.... I will wait, but only because I have no choice....
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

J-Man5 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 2:34 am And any one shots of Tarrin are always appreciated.
Ask and you shall receive.

I've been sitting on the plot outline of the next arc after "A Simple Task," and I started it today.

It's "An Impossible Task," and it follows Polin as he starts to understand why Tarrin did all that work to prepare him for the throne.

While it's centered on Polin, Tarrin and the gang, much more of the gang at that, will be in this story.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

Fel wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:13 am
J-Man5 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 2:34 am And any one shots of Tarrin are always appreciated.

I've been sitting on the plot outline of the next arc after "A Simple Task," and I started it today.

It's "An Impossible Task," and it follows Polin as he starts to understand why Tarrin did all that work to prepare him for the throne.

While it's centered on Polin, Tarrin and the gang, much more of the gang at that, will be in this story.
NOIC !!!
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

Fel wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:13 am

*&TgoiewfhrsiutehGYOFIOGWFUKHSAFGAIO111181hfeihgg!!!!!!!!!

^ This is excitement
D.F. Thompson
Sorcerer

Post by D.F. Thompson »

WHOOT Looking forward to reading it
I know that the voices in my head aren't real.
But they do have some damned good ideas. = ~.^ =