Revelation 13 Spoilers and Questions

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Revelation 13 Spoilers and Questions

Post by Wolfee »

Fel mentioned that Tarrin Kael has been seen in the Subjugation storyline. So if I understand Fel's overall design of the universe correctly the Technological areas of the universe are out the outer rim of the universe and the more magical are closer to the center and the God of Gods, correct? So at what point do the exterminations carried out by the dark ones reach a level that a response is sent to deal with them?

Reason I am asking is - I'm kinda wondering if with all the death, destruction and psychic turmoil if Tarrin Kael won't show up with all his cranky smack-them-down attitude and lay down the law at the very end.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Re: Revelation 13 Spoilers and Questions

Post by kyli »

It is suspected that the "usually tall Parri" in Revelation12, right before Jason meets with the Shaman, is actually Tarrin. He has apparently appeared in the series before as well but we have no candidates thus far. I also haven't done a reread since its been confirmed that Tarrin is in the books.

That said, this is Jason's fight. It is pretty much confirmed that he is the Mi'shara born to fight and defeat the dark ones, just like Tarrin was born to destroy the Firestaff. Both are a threat to the Balance, so the multiverse responded by birthing an Entropic to deal with it.

So Jason will get no direct help from Tarrin, and will at most recieved a bit of advice and information about who/what he truly is. However, Jason will likely be introduced to the wider multiverse by Tarrin in the aftermath and be offered a "job."

Unless Fel decides that Jason dies defeating the Dark ones. I can totally see Jason sacrificing himself.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

It’s been a long time since I read the first parts of the story, but there was always one character that stood out as more mysterious than others. I don’t think his identity was fully explained. When Jason went to the banking world and got sick an unusual Kimdori showed up and cured him. If I recall he was unusually tall and mysterious and even the others were confused by his appearance. I may have completely botched remembering the early years but that scene always seemed a bit mysterious to me.
Patsysusan
Talent

Post by Patsysusan »

That was Miiari’s son and he was the one who also helped Jason when he had brain damage from bonding with Cybi.
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

kyli wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:48 pm It is suspected that the "usually tall Parri" in Revelation12, right before Jason meets with the Shaman, is actually Tarrin. He has apparently appeared in the series before as well but we have no candidates thus far. I also haven't done a reread since its been confirmed that Tarrin is in the books.
From the little bit of searching I did on the Parri, I don’t think Fel has ever bothered to particularly describe the other Parri, aside from the Shaman, in particular detail before. So "Mr. Usually Tall" was probably "just a background character" the other times Jason crossed paths with him. So there technically, but not in any meaningful way so far as the reader is concerned, as Jason didn't take any particular notice.

But I was doing it quick and dirty, so search probably missed a couple encounters entirely, and if the encounter is anything like the one in Chapter 12, extremely easy to miss. A moment's inattention while reading/listening and you've blown past it, none the wiser.