Lost & Found

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
heustess
Katzh-dashi

Re: Lost & Found

Post by heustess »

Geoff Wolack also has most of his books in Amazon Kindle store that are free to Kindle Unlimited subscribers. I just finish rereading the time-travel Magestic series 1 & 2. Rereading series 3 now. He has a 30 book series about a British SAS soldier, named Wilco. And 5 books out on new series about a British lad who gets into modelling & politics, named Roskov. I really enjoy his writing.
woody900
Talent

Post by woody900 »

Thanks that is it.
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

Hi
I am looking for a trilogy of books, in a fantasy world.
Main character can transform into a form with scales and wings, but don’t know anything about his race because he grew up alone, trying to hide in human villages. In start of book one he is found by an elder of his race, then is taken to the elder settlement to be paired with a young queen and start learning about his race.
heustess
Katzh-dashi

Post by heustess »

Martha Wells's Raksura series?

Books of the Raksura
The Cloud Roads (2011, ISBN 978-1-59780-216-1)
The Serpent Sea (2012, ISBN 978-1-59780-332-8)
The Siren Depths (2012, ISBN 978-1-59780-440-0)
Stories of the Raksura Vol 1: The Falling World & The Tale of Indigo and Cloud (2014, ISBN 978-159780-535-3)
Stories of the Raksura Vol 2: The Dead City & The Dark Earth Below (2015, ISBN 978-159780-537-7)
The Edge of Worlds (2016, ISBN 978-1-59780-843-9)
The Harbors of the Sun (2017, ISBN 978-1-59780-891-0)
Short stories
"The Forest Boy" (2009) – prequel to The Cloud Roads. In the collection Stories of the Raksura Vol 1.
"The Almost Last Voyage of the Wind-ship Escarpment" (2011) – set in the same world. In the collection Stories of the Raksura Vol 2.
"Adaptation" (2012) – prequel to The Cloud Roads. In the collection Stories of the Raksura Vol 1.
"Mimesis" (2013) – in the anthology The Other Half of the Sky (2013, ISBN 9781936460441)
"Trading Lesson" (2013) – in the collection Stories of the Raksura Vol 1
"Birthright" (2017) – in the anthology Mech: Age of Steel (2013, ISBN 9781941987858)
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

heustess wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:30 pm Martha Wells's Raksura series?
Exactly. Thank you :) and I see there is new books in the universe. Great news
heustess
Katzh-dashi

Post by heustess »

I believe she is done with the Raksura series. Her latest series, Murderbot, is great. Security android becomes self-aware, destroys his governor chip, and names himself Murderbot. However, all he wants to do is watch his holo shows. All Systems Read is the 1st book.
dstar
Sorcerer

Post by dstar »

Hopefully someone can help me with this; I can remember just enough that it's frustrating that I can't find it anymore. It's an old (possibly 20+ years) series of furry stories, with I _think_ a name like the <something> family archives (or maybe library). Here's what I can remember:
  • It starts with the protagonist recieving a call for help from another world (I think, or maybe he goes there on his own, either way, he gets there via magic).
  • He helps them stop an asteroid or comet from destroying their world
  • Later, he creates an AI named Penny
  • In one depressingly memorable (but fortunately non-canonical) story, written when the author was seriously depressed (and possibly drunk, it's been long enough I can't remember), the protagonist loses everything and destroy's Penny's crystal, killing her.
The most frustrating part is I'm pretty sure I found it the same place I found the link here, so if I could just remember that I'd be able to find it again (assuming it still exists after all this time, of course).
lagomilo
Sorcerer

Post by lagomilo »

try this site. sounds like what your want
http://www.nas-kan.org/stories/stories.html
dstar
Sorcerer

Post by dstar »

lagomilo wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:21 am try this site. sounds like what your want
That is exactly it. I woke up at three am that morning realizing I should search the 'Links to good reading' thread here, which turned it up. I meant to come back and reply to myself that I'd found it and where, but when I woke up again I'd forgotten.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

dstar wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:12 pm
lagomilo wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:21 am try this site. sounds like what your want
That is exactly it. I woke up at three am that morning realizing I should search the 'Links to good reading' thread here, which turned it up. I meant to come back and reply to myself that I'd found it and where, but when I woke up again I'd forgotten.
That sleep thing gets people all the time. Try some insomnia….

J-Man5
Balthazar
Talent

Post by Balthazar »

Going through all these stories made me think about some that had been looking for:

One was on SOL: it was about a guy and a cat woman being stranded on a planet she was a princess they ended up having a kid and then being rescued

The other was: A HP Fanfiction where harry goes to the US and is in a school near the great lakes. Later George and fred join him and there is like competition between 5 different us schools. the end Voldemort chanlenges harry and one of the speels that kills him is changingthe water in his bidy to wine.
cdhaag
Novice

Post by cdhaag »

Learning Dizyntk by Brian in the Dark is the one on SOL. Not sure about the other one.
ilox
Sorcerer

Post by ilox »

If only 'Brian in the Dark' was still around we might be able to have more stories in this very interesting arc. I have read and re-read all of them and it still isn't enough. Sigh. So many have gone on before us.

I don't recall the HP story at all.

Here's one that I have just found, loved, wished I could find more. "Thirty Minutes or Less" by swarmfic. It was on ASTTR and on SOL. Gets us to Chapter 16 and then stopped. Sigh.
Posted: 3/3/2011, 12:03:30 PM Incomplete and Inactive (Last Activity: 12/11/2011, 11:33:52 PM)
https://storiesonline.net/s/67492/thirt ... es-or-less
Cheers, Ian
"From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter.
Some day I intend reading it." ~ unknown
the_scot
Sorcerer

Post by the_scot »

a story on SOL came to mind last night and all my searching was for naught. It had to do with a poker game, husband killed and a young man leading family. It includes a buffalo stampede an Indian chief and a house set in a depression and free range cattle.
wetnomad
Katzh-dashi

Post by wetnomad »

That SOL story sounds like 'The Bad Bet' by Lubrican, although I'm not sure not all the elements you mention are there.