A serious update.

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Fel
Weavespinner

A serious update.

Post by Fel »

Hey everyone.

I wish this was going to be a pleasant post, but it's not.

As most of you know, my mother has been battling COPD for the last few years, with it getting progressively worse and worse. She's been in and out of the hospital for the last few months, which is why I've slowed way down on my writing lately. Well, she was in the hospital again this week after having another breathing attack, and they conducted a biopsy on a part of her lung that was showing what the doctors thought was pneumonia on an X-ray.

It wasn't pneumonia. It's a tumor, pressing against her bronchial pathways and making it even harder for her to breathe due to her COPD. It's why she's been having these breathing attacks that resemble asthma.

Since the biopsy results aren't back yet, we don't know if it's malignant, and if it's treatable whether it is or not. Her COPD will make it very hard to do any treatment if it's benign, and if it's malignant, she won't be able to do chemo or any of the standard treatments due to her health. Either way, I'm not going to have much time to do much other than care for her (I am her primary caregiver), on top of working my full time job. I can't quit, we absolutely depend on my income for basic survival.

My aunt has agreed to come stay with my mother when I'm at work, so thank God that's covered.

What this means is that for the forseeable future, I'm not going to be able to do any consistent writing. I'm going to try to still get work done (it's a welcome distraction), but my chapter releases are going to be sporadic. It'll be really only in those windows when i'm at home and she doesn't need me.

I'm almost done with the next chapter of Revolution, and I'll be releasing it maybe sometime in the next couple of weeks. But after that, I honestly can't say just how much time I'll have to write. Because of this, I'm going to wrap up the Revolution arc with this chapter. I was planning one more chapter after this, but I can condense that into this chapter. At least that way, the arc is wrapped up and you guys aren't left hanging if it turns out I have no time to write.

I will keep everyone up to date, both on my progress and on how my mother's doing.

So, that's it. Everyone wish my mother luck, and by the grace of God, maybe things will work out. We can only hope.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
NSC
Katzh-dashi

Re: A serious update.

Post by NSC »

Very sorry to be reading this, but I commend you on your priorities. Prayers and best wishes for you and your mom.
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

Take all the time you need to care for your mother Fel. Family first. Prayers for her.
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
crxbnt
Da'Shar

Post by crxbnt »

Fel:

I wish you all the best for your mother and her health. We hope that you focus on your family and yourself first. We are not nearly so important as you and your family. I will pray for you.
felfan3000
Katzh-dashi

Post by felfan3000 »

Sorry to read the update on your mother. Family comes first, so do what you have to do! We'll still be here when and as you have the time to write.
Linux. It's what you need!
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Hey man, hang tough, do what you can and all the best wishes for your Mom, and for you.
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
wetnomad
Katzh-dashi

Post by wetnomad »

Take whatever time you need; family comes first. Here's hoping it's benign and there's a way to reduce or remove it. All the best.
CRYUnicornClear
Initiate

Post by CRYUnicornClear »

I completely understand my mom recently passed from leukemia and was one of her primary care givers. So if you need someone to listen or talk to that has been through it feel free to reach out. CAlford001@gmail.com is my e-mail but one of the things that I struggled with was self care, I was so busy trying to take care of my mom I didn't take time out for me until I blew up one day and just started yelling and crying and being depressed I learned that if I took 15 min a day just to decompress taking a long shower, reading something fun, watching a show, or just doing something for me really helped my stress levels and I was able to be more productive it seems counterproductive but it really does help and don't feel guilty about taking care of yourself including your mental health. You can't take care of someone else without first taking care of yourself. Stay safe and healthy as you can. Sending prayers and well wishes to your entire family.
JohnDelvfar
Initiate

Post by JohnDelvfar »

God Speed Fel

Best wishes for you and your family, healing for your Mom. Being a caregiver is a difficult task, i concur with Cry, take time everyday to take care of you as well. Both of you will benefit from it. We can all empathize and i will include you in my daily prayers .
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Fel wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:03 pm Everyone wish my mother luck, and by the grace of God, maybe things will work out. We can only hope.
Not just luck but love and healing is wished for and prayed for in her and your behalf. As a fellow caregiver may you have strength, serenity in knowing what you are doing is the right and honorable thing to do, wisdom to act, patience to persevere, and love to cover all the other things. May you be blessed for taking on something so hard but so needed during a time all are hurting.

Never worry about a schedule for us. Deal with Real Life and please take care of yourself too. Often the caregiver puts off their own needs and causes harm to themselves over the long run. Stay safe!

J-Man5
mjkj
Katzh-dashi

Post by mjkj »

Thank you for the update, Fel.

To you and your mother all the best wishes.

Take care of yourself and family first - and do not worry about updates.
JNMC
Initiate

Post by JNMC »

I also understand completely. My father, who also had some COPD, caught the Coronavirus.

I miss him.

Savor every moment with her you can, even if they're hard.
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

mjkj wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:41 pm Thank you for the update, Fel.

To you and your mother all the best wishes.

Take care of yourself and family first - and do not worry about updates.
Going to echo this, hoping for the best possible outcome for your family at this time.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

JNMC wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:13 am I also understand completely. My father, who also had some COPD, caught the Coronavirus.

I miss him.

Savor every moment with her you can, even if they're hard.
Heartfelt prayers for you and your family. Any loss like this is very difficult. In fact all losses are difficult. May their memories live on within you.

J-Man5
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Our thoughts go our to you and your family Fel! Take the time you and yours need, best wishes to you all.