Current affairs

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Current affairs

Post by SoronelHaetir »

What a time to be writing about a pandemic. Too bad ours isn't nearly so beneficial.
heustess
Katzh-dashi

Re: Current affairs

Post by heustess »

I also am upset ours does not come with super-hot, blue, telepathic, space-elves.
artreus
Sorcerer

Post by artreus »

heustess wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:52 pm I also am upset ours does not come with super-hot, blue, telepathic, space-elves.
I would settle for generation like superpowers.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

You'll all have to settle for a more sanitary population. If something good comes out of this at all, it might be that.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

kyli wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:00 pm You'll all have to settle for a more sanitary population. If something good comes out of this at all, it might be that.
Sanitary until we run out of hand sanitizer and toilet paper. Then like in Hikers Guide to the Galaxy there will be a lay-off of phone cleaning people and a mass extinction will occur and the answer to life the universe and everything will be known and it shall be 42. Sadly the real problem would be knowing what the actual question was.....

J-Man5
artreus
Sorcerer

Post by artreus »

kyli wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:00 pm You'll all have to settle for a more sanitary population. If something good comes out of this at all, it might be that.
a more sanitary population will be more vulnerable to the next disease,
nothing like a bit of dirt to build resistance :)
Kacoo
Initiate

Post by Kacoo »

artreus wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:59 pm
a more sanitary population will be more vulnerable to the next disease,
nothing like a bit of dirt to build resistance :)
This is a virus dude, dirts got nothing to do with it gotta eat more bats if you want more protection from this one. :D
Andygal
Sorcerer

Post by Andygal »

I am also deeply dissappointed by the lack of superpowers.

On a more serious note, I hope our Supreme Overlord Fel is staying well.
Old signature was in need of replacement, insert clever new signature here.
baengi
Initiate

Post by baengi »

yup. bacteria are not viruses
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

heustess wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:52 pm I also am upset ours does not come with super-hot, blue, telepathic, space-elves.
LOLZ

Hopefully Fel is on administrative leave/teleworking or some other status that protects him and his family and has some time to write. Hoping to see a chapter of CO or Chpt 13 at some point.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

My work has all but shut down. I still have my job, but I'm one of only 6 people there, and we're spread across the plant so we don't come into contact with each other.

Luckily I'm designated as essential, so even if there's a full-out quarantine, I'll still be going to work and getting a paycheck. I even have this fancy letter I can show to any police that pull me over that allows me to be out and about.

I deal with the truck drivers that come to pick up what we make, so technically I'm at the greatest risk. But, we don't even let the drivers out of their trucks, so I rarely get within 2 meters of them.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
baengi
Initiate

Post by baengi »

Glad to hear that. Take care everyone, deaths across the globe are only just starting...
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

baengi wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:45 pm Glad to hear that. Take care everyone, deaths across the globe are only just starting...
Yeah, if you skip to the bottom of the displays on this link https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/coronavirustracker/ you can see today's totals for almost any country in the world - it looks pretty dang scary!!!
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
kabalman2000
Sorcerer

Post by kabalman2000 »

GBLW wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:02 am Yeah, if you skip to the bottom of the displays on this link https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/coronavirustracker/ you can see today's totals for almost any country in the world - it looks pretty dang scary!!!
Interesting. Too bad they don't have a per-capita button for the worldwide heat map. I mean, gross count is information but per-capita would let one compare spread within a 3 billion population country to within a 100 million pop country more accurately. The map may trend more toward one color in per-capita. Not that that would be any less scary, just a different kind.
NSC
Katzh-dashi

Post by NSC »

For those who have interest in tracking and data on the pandemic, I have found this site to be one of the best so far. You can get total numbers, how many have recovered, how many have different severity levels, and a wealth of other breakdowns.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I hope and pray that everyone reading this and their families are all safe.