Updatish II.

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
imthejman85
Sorcerer

Re: Updatish II.

Post by imthejman85 »

Fel wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:11 pm I've not gotten far into it, due to a combination of working on CO a little and being sick.
Damn. Well hope you're feeling better and I wouldn't mind some CO either, lol.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -George Orwell
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Fel wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:11 pm I've not gotten far into it, due to a combination of working on CO a little and being sick.
Nice! I wouldn't mind a CO chapter at all!

Hope you feel better soon!
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

Phantom wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:57 am That reminds me somewhere around here I think I still have an original CD copy of "Pilots Gone Wild " (I think Fifer did the editing on that one) :wink:

Phantom
I've now discovered that there is a search function for the Forums... I'm sure it's been there all along, I only just noticed it.

Given the earliest mention of Pilots Gone Wild on the Forums was back in 2007ish, and seemed to be in reaction to an even earlier post, my presumption is that it first surfaced under a previous version of the Forum software and didn't transfer over.

If Phipherguy (sp?) did create it, and someone still has a viable copy of it, would there be any possibility of obtaining permission to somehow re-release it?
Looking at my profile registration date I was active here at that time, but have no memory of this topic at all... then again, it's been a busy 13 years.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

kd7mvs wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:41 pm
I've now discovered that there is a search function for the Forums... I'm sure it's been there all along, I only just noticed it.
Yes the search function has been around at least as long as I have.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

phpbb forums have had search features since a very long time ago, well before this version of the forum came online.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

kd7mvs wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:41 pm
Phantom wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:57 am That reminds me somewhere around here I think I still have an original CD copy of "Pilots Gone Wild " (I think Fifer did the editing on that one) :wink:

Phantom

Given the earliest mention of Pilots Gone Wild on the Forums was back in 2007ish, and seemed to be in reaction to an even earlier post, my presumption is that it first surfaced under a previous version of the Forum software and didn't transfer over.

If Phipherguy (sp?) did create it, and someone still has a viable copy of it, would there be any possibility of obtaining permission to somehow re-release it?
Looking at my profile registration date I was active here at that time, but have no memory of this topic at all... then again, it's been a busy 13 years.

You have to go way back to chapter 19 of Subjugation to find it - :wink:

Checking my files I have Fel releasing chapter 19 on Jan 6 2007
“So, you’ve done it, Terran. You got the ring, how, I have no idea, you show up in a ship I had to have my
historians look up in the database, you give INN enough footage of Pilots Gone Wild to fill an hourlong
special of spectacular fighter crashes while banging holes in my city, and you managed to get right there,
and now there you stand, in the final stages of some clever, meticulous plan, while your eyes linger on my
legs,” she said, smiling lightly. “So, convince me. I’m curious now, I want to hear this.”
Someone joked at the time they had copy's of it for sale I think it was Fifer but it was a long time ago now. :D

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

So any news about the next chapter.... or CO?
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

i was wondering who was going to be the first one to poke this thread, I almost did it myself a few days ago. :)
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

I'm almost done with the chapter, but I've had no time to write. My mother's been in the hospital since Tuesday, so I'm spending almost all my free time there.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

Fel wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:14 am I'm almost done with the chapter, but I've had no time to write. My mother's been in the hospital since Tuesday, so I'm spending almost all my free time there.
Family comes first, hope it works out for the best.
IdiotPaste
Sorcerer

Post by IdiotPaste »

Wishing you and your family all the best Fel.
"Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Fel wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:14 am I'm almost done with the chapter, but I've had no time to write. My mother's been in the hospital since Tuesday, so I'm spending almost all my free time there.
Hope the issues with health clear up to a satisfactory level. Wife and I are caregiving for both sets of parents and a disabled sibling. Age and health take up much of our time energy and emotional capabilities but knowing you are doing the right thing for those who took care of us when we were young is satisfying and your will blessed.
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

*crickets*
calista241
Katzh-dashi

Post by calista241 »

GL Fel. Hope your Mom is okay.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

I haven't had time to write lately. So there's your update.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.