Revolution Ch 4 (SPOILERS)

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Revolution Ch 4 (SPOILERS)

Post by SoronelHaetir »

I don't get the KES performing inter-galactic exploration while avoiding contact with the civilizations they find. It seems like a rather pointless exercise.
Fel
Weavespinner

Re: Revolution Ch 4 (SPOILERS)

Post by Fel »

Simple. If other civilizations found out what Karinne ships could do, they'd hunt them down to capture them for the drives.

To prevent fighting endless wars with every spacefaring race they come across, they hide the fact they're from another galaxy.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Either the sh*ts gonna hit the fan soon or we'll see another fairly big time skip next chapter. Not quite where to put my vote but I got a feeling its one or the other.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
betatester
Katzh-dashi

Post by betatester »

I think we are going to get a time skip of a decade or so as fel wrote that Jason doesn't feel any thing major coming up.

I think the next issue is going to flare up when the Coalition either discovers the ftl light drive and are attacked for it by any of the other milky way empires.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

betatester wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:33 am I think we are going to get a time skip of a decade or so as fel wrote that Jason doesn't feel any thing major coming up.

I think the next issue is going to flare up when the Coalition either discovers the ftl light drive and are attacked for it by any of the other milky way empires.
There will be a time jump in the next chapter, but it will only be about three years.

You think I'd give Jason an entire decade of peace and quiet? What kind of evil do you think I practice? Wussy evil?
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

Revolution is an internal revolt or idea, so what's ya'lls ideas? Is it revolt with KES, Coalition past or present members, within the Benga, others? I could see a couple of previous members getting frustrated and banding together to attack them, but I suspect it going to be a surprise to most fo us.

Just starting my count down to the next chapter. And most of all Thanks Fel!
Hello World
Initiate

Post by Hello World »

My money is on the next major conflict event being one of the nations finding out another lower-tech space faring civilization and trying to annex them but that may be just me.

I am also kinda interested to see what tech leaps happen in the 3 years (ex: planet based gates, new feline mecha, etc.)
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

Fel,

The not talking with folks part makes sense, it is the exploration when they aren't going to talk that confuses me. What exactly are they hoping (or fearing) to find?

The Kimdori on the other hand makes perfect sense, they might not be talking either but that doesn't mean they are going to ignore the civilizations they do find. Covert infiltration is a very different thing from deliberate avoidance. Assuming of course that there are even enough Kimdori available to do the job, given Kimdori breeding restrictions - needing clan leader approval to even seek a suitor - I get the sense that there aren't that many of them (or do the restrictions only apply to certain elite clans while most Kimdori just go about living).

Or maybe it's a matter of partnership, the KES finds civilizations and the Kimdori then go study them. Although I suspect any civilization that discovered hidden Kimdori would be less than thrilled after being told their territory would be avoided. Sounds like a way to turn paranoia up to 11.
betatester
Katzh-dashi

Post by betatester »

So three years,

A lot can happen in 3 years, Jason could finish his fleet building program, the kids would be teenagers, he might even have finished refitting some moon superships.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

betatester wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:13 am So three years,

A lot can happen in 3 years, Jason could finish his fleet building program, the kids would be teenagers, he might even have finished refitting some moon superships.
Yes, the fleet expansion plan is done, at least with the ships. They're having trouble scraping together crews for all of them, though, so lots of them are just sitting in mothballs at the moment.

No, the moon superships aren't ready yet. The closest one is about 6 months from completion when Revolution 5 starts.
Hello World wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:12 pm My money is on the next major conflict event being one of the nations finding out another lower-tech space faring civilization and trying to annex them but that may be just me.

I am also kinda interested to see what tech leaps happen in the 3 years (ex: planet based gates, new feline mecha, etc.)
Not many advancements have happened over the time jump, but the cat mecha have just been put in service. Jason is in the middle of the training for it when the chapter begins, but he's got a long way to go. Putting a bipedal human into a quadrupedal body requires special training for the rigger for him to learn how to operate the mecha without tripping over his own front paws. After all, not many of us are masters of running on all fours.
betatester
Katzh-dashi

Post by betatester »

So what's gonna be the final fleet numbers? I know it's 4 fleet flagships; how many of the other classes?

What's the need for quadrupedal mecha? Couldn't the same be done by a normal mecha or if they need something that hugs the ground couldn't a fighter fulfill that role? I think they already have 4 different types of mecha Gladiators, Juggernaut, Valkyrie and Titans, they should just keep on improving the training of the riggers on these mechas and try to get them up to KBB levels instead of throwing yet another mecha for their riggers to learn to pilot; if it's going to be used by those members of the house that are already quadrupedal beings then it might make some sense otherwise I think that the House of Karrine should keep on improving existing mechas inventory and improve the traning of their riggers, pilots and other servicemen and women. Also they should keep war gaming with the aim of improving every member of KMS training and proficiency.

Also how's the population numbers going to be in 3 years. Ideally Jason should have had recruitment centres on every planet in the confederation before it's members started leaving and should have recruited substantial numbers of people for his house ?

Also is the house of Karrine going to have extra galactic colonies in the galaxies that they are exploring of are they just surveying for the moment.
IdiotPaste
Sorcerer

Post by IdiotPaste »

I'm hoping Galaxy Express is a reference to Planet Express from Futurama.
"Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

From Wikipedia:
Galaxy Express 999 (銀河鉄道999スリーナイン Ginga Tetsudō Surī Nain) is a manga written and illustrated in 1977 by Leiji Matsumoto, later adapted into a number of anime films and television series. It is set in a spacefaring, high-tech future in which humans have learned how to transfer their minds and emotions with perfect fidelity into mechanical bodies, thus achieving practical immortality.
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

Does anybody have even a clue who is going to start this revolution?
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

I'm going with Gen (in a meche) against the Syndicate.