Revolution Ch 3 (SPOILERS!!!!)

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Revolution Ch 3 (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post by Wolfee »

Enjoyed Chapter 3.... But given that the content of the first 3 chapters, I am thinking Revolution could be a rather large book! And I am not complaining! From the hints that Fel has dropped and from the span of time he has intimated this book will cover I am definitely hopping for a rather large number of chapters! Not to mention the events that this book should and might include from what Fel has said.

I am anticipating the following:

1) Some empire is going to set Jason off and get blasted back to the stone age.
2) Extra-galactic Faey are going to show up and odds are they are going to be extremely warlike. I think Fel mentioned that either Consortium or the Syndicate where going to basically need the Confederation's protection or they where going to be glad not to have gone and poked into other galaxies or something along those lines (don't quote me!) looking forward to it.
3) Jason is going to work on his Shaman abilities...
4) Looking forward to how Jason's kids grow up and how all the extended friends, family and allies do...
5) Not sure how Fel is going to conclude the book/series but hoping for a 5 year, 10 year, 25 year, 50 year, 100 year glimpse into the future. But we shall see!
jeffreyC
Novice

Re: Revolution Ch 3 (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post by jeffreyC »

1) Some empire is going to set Jason off and get blasted back to the stone age.

I concur.

2) Extra-galactic Faey are going to show up and odds are they are going to be extremely warlike. I think Fel mentioned that either Consortium or the Syndicate where going to basically need the Confederation's protection or they where going to be glad not to have gone and poked into other galaxies or something along those lines (don't quote me!) looking forward to it.

The Consortium will be too busy colonizing a whole galaxy from the ground up to go poking around in other galaxies for a long time, so in their case it would be more likely someone else finds them.
There are Syndicate megacorporations that do not accept that they are technologically outclassed or think like Stalin that larger quantity makes up for lower quality and will try going to other galaxies, so they are the ones I would expect to stick their hand into a buzzsaw.
Might not be Faey, but the odds of there being some aggressive empires out there are too close to 100 percent to measure any difference.

But would the Confederation protect them? Or just use the time to build up defenses for when they come to the Milky Way?
If the English language had a flag it would have to be the Jolly Roger.
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

Random thought: The 'Magic System' in the game seems rather complex, and Jason is learning how to use it. While we have the Pai(IIRC) as the super Telekinetics, and Jason is learning from them, I think it would be interesting if the runes of power from the games magic system applied to his telekinetics. Sure it probably doesn't bt would be interesting if it worked.

As for Intergalactic Faey, we learned from Fel that the Faey are actually descended from telepathic humans who were picked up by some ancient race 40,000 years ago and that they have left the galaxy. Wouldn't be surprising to find a descendant out there.

...I wonder how Jason would act if he found a race who was as far advanced over the Kahrines as the Kahrines are over the rest of the Confederation and got hit with the "I can't trust a dangerous warlike group like the Kahrines with this technology"
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Belgarion213 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:55 am As for Intergalactic Faey, we learned from Fel that the Faey are actually descended from telepathic humans who were picked up by some ancient race 40,000 years ago and that they have left the galaxy. Wouldn't be surprising to find a descendant out there.
Actually, there were no telepathic humans. The Faey either evolved the ability, or perhaps more likely, were genetically altered a bit. The fact that the telepathy is a dominant genetic trait suggests that they were altered.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

I think what fel said was that they were a sub-species of early human's who rather than be wiped out or bred into the wider population as usually happens, were picked up by this super advanced race and altered. IN likelihood they probably did have some telepathic powers, just no more often or not than any other race before their alterations.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Belgarion213 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:57 pm I think what fel said was that they were a sub-species of early human's who rather than be wiped out or bred into the wider population as usually happens, were picked up by this super advanced race and altered. IN likelihood they probably did have some telepathic powers, just no more often or not than any other race before their alterations.
No, what Fel said if I recall, was that early humans (cro magnon) were hostile to the Faey. The cro magnon's were winning so the "kaiju" or space titans moved the Faey. I don't recall what he said about the Faey being moved to Draconis and then to Andromeda and beyond, if he said anything specific.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Someone theorized when the dreamers were discovered that there are variations of other races decended from milky way races in other galaxies that were spread out by this mysterious race. Fel replied that it was only one race, the Faey that were spread out.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."