Updatish.

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Re: Updatish.

Post by GotToGo »

Fel,

Hope your writing of chapter 13 has picked-up since your last post here as the general boards input has been boring or none, need some new material and input from you.

As per above ref. of the IRL:

-The Irish Republic problems are the same that the USA had in the 70's, we did a fair job of cleaning up of many of the most polluted cities and the Great Lakes are doing a great job of recovery. The people and their Gov't needs to fix it.
-Or the Indy Racing League's problems are nothing you can help but too watch their races. It'll take care of itself one way or the other, as they are still running their races.

Oh! Needing only your help, LOA! Please finish writing 13 and post so we can get the Boards and you active again.
Schuy
Initiate

Post by Schuy »

Per Twitter, Fel had a medical issue, he's in the ER at the moment but hopefully heading home soon. He's feeling ok but not sure what happened.
https://twitter.com/Sennadar_Fel/status ... 1287680000
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Yikes! That would be a bit terrifying! Not sure what they told you, but get your heart checked, lose weight if you are overweight and make sure to keep hydrated!
Blacktiger
Da'Shar

Post by Blacktiger »

Oh please, get well soon Fel! :( :( :( Your wonderful worlds bring much needed joy into this world.....and there must be more stories to tell. :D
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

Fel. I was getting dizzy but didn't pass out. I was always fine when the docs checked, even ekgs and echocardiogram. I finally decided to try my old Fitbit and found my heart rate dropping to 43bpm. Long story short I now have a pacemaker.

It may have been a fluke but better safe. Find an old fitness watch that can measure pulse and regularly keep track of blood pressure. At least until you know what happened.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Well, so far, no new information. I go in later this morning for more tests.

This is almost surreal. I feel perfectly fine now, and did before. And yet something had to cause me to pass out and stay unconscious for a good 15-20 minutes.

Here's hoping that it was indeed some kind of weird fluke, a perfect convergence of events that caused me to pass out.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
NSC
Katzh-dashi

Post by NSC »

Wow, passing out is one thing but staying unconscious for that long is another story. I hope they figure out what happened, and it's either a fluke one-time thing or something that's easily treatable.

I was hoping to have the next chapter for reading on the plane next week, but your health is much more important.
physicalard
Initiate

Post by physicalard »

When my dad passed out while driving a few years ago, he initially refused to go into the emergency room. When my mom finally dragged him 12 hours later, his blood pressure was over 250. The doctors told him that it was probably over 300 when he passed out and it was a miracle that he survived and didn’t have a stroke or heart attack.

Make sure you get in for whatever tests possible until you can identify the cause and begin treatment. My dad was lucky he only hit a parked car at 15-20mph 1 block from home. No one was injured during the collision. On the freeway with heavy traffic . . .
RobJ
Katzh-dashi

Post by RobJ »

Hi Fel,
Glad the issue appears to have resolved itself. I would suggest it could be RLI which you probably don't consider. Stress, not eating as you should and a nasty Virus which took advantage at the time. I've had the same thing happen to me. RLI can catch you unawares and bang "shit happens". They probably won't be able to give you a definitive answer. When RLI occur sit back and sort them out. Take the stress away or learn how to deal with it, (easier said than done sometimes). Not the answer you might expect but hey when it happens just say FUCK IT and take a break -:).

Be Well,
RobJ.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Fel-meister is back to writing. No news from the doctors

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sennadar_Fel
Schuy
Initiate

Post by Schuy »

Just a head's up, as of this morning he was back in the hospital, admitted this time.
Bester
Sorcerer

Post by Bester »

I hope he is okay. Please let us know when there are updates.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

I'm home now...and getting ready to go to work in a little bit. Whee.

As Wolfee posted, they tracked the cause to attacks of sudden high blood pressure. The first was so strong that it slowed blood flow to my brain and made me pass out...and could have made me have a stroke, but thankfully I have tough arteries. The second wasn't as strong, but it caused me to have chest pain and dizziness, which are symtpoms of a heart attack.

So, I'm on about three new drugs, a new diet, a new exercise regimen, and have about 6 doctor's appointments over the next four weeks.

I was planning on starting a new effort to lose weight and get in shape so I was leaner and meaner for my 50th birthday. This wasn't the kind of motivation to start that plan that I had in mind.

By the way, thank you everyone for your support. The last week or so has been particularly scary. At my age, you start contemplating your own mortality, and it's no fun to have it punch you in the face. I truly appreciate your kind words. :)
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Oh, and yes, I'll be getting back to writing in a day or two, as soon as I get my life back in some semblance of order.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Start walking Fel, and lift some weights. Lost 40 lbs with diet and walking Last year, not to mention if you can walk outside its pretty good stress relief. Fresh air helps too.