Retribution, Chapter 11.

dstar
Sorcerer

Re: Retribution, Chapter 11.

Post by dstar »

Oops, somehow posted this is the wrong section... I had multiple tabs open for the forum for some reason, and didn't notice I wasn't where I thought I was. Reposting in the right section....
Last edited by dstar on Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

Deleted Post
Last edited by GotToGo on Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

@dstar
Or if you can't delete the entire post, i'd recommend editing it out and reposting here. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2598
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
AgCOtter
Katzh-dashi

Post by AgCOtter »

Beautiful. Thanks Fel.

"Let's be VERY Careful out there People!"
"Let's be Very Careful out there people!"
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

Fel,

Any chance of getting a progress report on Chapter 12?

Thanks in advance whatever the news is.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

About halfway done with it.

Blame Canada.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Oh no!!! What did we do now?
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Fel wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:28 am About halfway done with it.

Blame Canada.
Hmmmmmmm- since when has Canada been spelled with only five letters and begin with the letter 'T' ????????
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
Eurasier
Sorcerer

Post by Eurasier »

GBLW wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:32 pm

Blame Canada.
Hmmmmmmm- since when has Canada been spelled with only five letters and begin with the letter 'T' ????????

'Canada' beginning with the letter 'T'? - as in 'Tanada'???

'The Tanada effect refers to the adhesion of root tips to glass surfaces. It is believed to involve electric potentials. It is named for the scientist who first described the effect, Takuma Tanada.[1]' .... 'Most importantly, the reaction was light dependent. Exposure to red light would cause the tips to stick, while exposure to far-red would allow them to release. This simple experiment was indicative of phytochrome function, and the rapid nature of the response suggested that changes in bioelectric potential were seminal events in phytochrome signal propagation.' https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanada_effect

Could the Tanada effect have potential for a new generation of biological weapons? :D :D
More power to the werewolves!
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Eurasier wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:01 am
GBLW wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:32 pm

Blame Canada.

'Canada' beginning with the letter 'T'? - as in 'Tanada'???

'The Tanada effect refers to the adhesion of root tips to glass surfaces. It is believed to involve electric potentials. It is named for the scientist who first described the effect, Takuma Tanada.[1]' .... 'Most importantly, the reaction was light dependent. Exposure to red light would cause the tips to stick, while exposure to far-red would allow them to release. This simple experiment was indicative of phytochrome function, and the rapid nature of the response suggested that changes in bioelectric potential were seminal events in phytochrome signal propagation.' https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanada_effect

Could the Tanada effect have potential for a new generation of biological weapons? :D :D
He meant Trump.
Eurasier
Sorcerer

Post by Eurasier »

I'm glad to be an ocean away. I think I would prefer the Tanada effect..... :wink:
More power to the werewolves!
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Actually I was referring to BOTH - You see Trump is a human equivalent of the bio-electric effect - initially he caused a "sticky" effect within the Republican Party and then he became a repulsive effect that is causing "withdrawal" and "division" throughout the whole population - including all of various racial, religious and political groups within the country.

(I am actually surprised that anyone was familiar with scientific reference. KUDOS to Eurasier!)
K Pelle aka GBLW
Rakshasa claw
Initiate

Post by Rakshasa claw »

Actually, although I fully grant that you will refuse to believe me... that repulsive effect you "see" from Trump. It isn't really entirely him. The Democratic party (and to a lesser degree the Republican party) have been using identity politics and similarly divisive political tactics for decades which actually caused the fractures you are seeing and accrediting to Trump. You didn't see it before because it isn't politically correct to point out the problems with things like identity politics and affirmative action. Trump, being that he doesn't care about political correctness, simply has brought all the issues to light.

Yes, he does have major issues as a human being... i.e. he's a horrible one (and that may well be an massive understatement). But your belief that he's fracturing all those groups gives him way, way to much credit.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Oh, but I do agree, however he is still the "POTIS" and as such his actions and particularly his attitudes (not to mention his tweets) are what has effectively given rise to the various effects we see being displayed by the various other groups who are now openly "sounding off." As you point out, Trump, being that he doesn't care about political correctness, simply has brought all the issues to light.

Now I may be giving the man more credit than he is due, but I suspect that he is intentionally "stirring the pot" in an attempt to fracture the Democrats as badly as he has succeeded in fracturing the Republicans. I also suspect he is doing that in the hopes that come November the Republicans will retain control of enough elected representatives to be able to get a bill passed and thus Trump will not become a "Lame Duck" president for the final 2 years of his presidency.

Oh, by the way, you might want to consider this as well: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45154903
K Pelle aka GBLW
bluemax65
Initiate

Post by bluemax65 »

Right, I finished "editing" the last chapter, nothing serious, just adding extra space to show who's talking, adding extra lines to separate paragraphs for easier reading.

I have it on my tablet (Huawei 7inch, LOTS of battery life). I'm pretty much ready for my long flight back to Germany. Just got to lock up my place after making sure that any hurricanes won't cause too much damage (I live in the Caribbean).

It's a night flight, so with the lights off in the plane, and the backlight turned down to about one quarter of normal, I'll be able to read book,8 (at least the 11 chapters we have) by the time we land in London.

Then just another 10 hours of travelling to Gatwick and getting the evening flight to Germany.