Overall thoughts about the series

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
dstar
Sorcerer

Overall thoughts about the series

Post by dstar »

So. When I caught up on all the chapters since last November, I ended up re-reading Retribution from the beginning.

Then, when I finished it, I re-read Conviction. Then Inception. Then... well, to make a long story short, I'm on screen 3173 of 3609 of Subjugation.

I have no idea why I read the entire series backwards.

I do have a couple of thoughts that resulted from doing so, though:
  • Bachi seems to have changed it's name since the first book.
  • Yana also seems to have changed her name from Yari.
  • I think there were a couple of other name changes, although I can't remember them now
  • Most importantly, I'd _really_ like to see something as a harbinger of the Faey Imperium becoming something, you know, civilized: I'd like to see Jason convince Dahnai to move the Gong of Morr to someplace a commoner can reach. Even better, I'd like to see her coming up with the idea herself -- but it would require some serious character development on her part. I think the grounds for that sort of development have been sown, actually, by the introduction of the Syndicate -- if Dahnai makes the mental leap to realize that that's where the current state of the Imperium leads (and it is), she could concievably make that change herself. It'd take a fair amount of character development, but I think that Fel is up to it.
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Re: Overall thoughts about the series

Post by Belgarion213 »

One thing I noticed was people's comparative power for their Talent seemed to shift a bit, but that's fine.

And yeah, the subtle shifts in the Faey is going to be fun to see.